What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Welcome back :D

I watched Severance last night, while watching i thought "this is a film Saltyton would love" 8/10 - A good mixture of humour, drug use and extreme violence, a perfect mix for a film.

I'll just go and add that to my LoveFilm list then :)

Went to see Run Fat Boy Run on Sunday night. Much better than I thought it was going to be. I loved Hank Azaria in it. More laughs than I thought and, although the storyline was pretty predictable, it had one or two good variations from the norm 8/10

Also took in I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry last night. I knew it was never going to be good, Jessica Beil aside, and it was your typical cliched Adam Sandler pap. One or two good "lol" moments but on the whole stale and predictable 5/10

I'll just go and add that to my LoveFilm list then :)

There was another one you might quite like, it was called "The Condemned" - actually you would like it, extreme violence, Steve Austin, Vinny Jones on an island, last one to survive wins, great film - 8/10, pish poor plot but the violence made up for it, it was like the running man sort of.

Grindhouse - 4/10

This is by far the worst movie that Tarantino has put his name to. One of the least satisfying endings that you could ever imagine. I understand what he was going for, but hey, that's why Grindhouse movies are out of fashion. There are some good points that give this movie the 4 points I gave it. Kurt Russell is all four of them points. The guy put on a terrific performance as the unbelievably sinister Stuntman Mike.

Grindhouse - 4/10

This is by far the worst movie that Tarantino has put his name to. One of the least satisfying endings that you could ever imagine. I understand what he was going for, but hey, that's why Grindhouse movies are out of fashion. There are some good points that give this movie the 4 points I gave it. Kurt Russell is all four of them points. The guy put on a terrific performance as the unbelievably sinister Stuntman Mike.

What was the Rodriguez movie like?

There was another one you might quite like, it was called "The Condemned" - actually you would like it, extreme violence, Steve Austin, Vinny Jones on an island, last one to survive wins, great film - 8/10, pish poor plot but the violence made up for it, it was like the running man sort of.

That's just basically a big budget version of Battle Royale!

WWE raved about it, but I still haven't seen it yet!

That's just basically a big budget version of Battle Royale!

WWE raved about it, but I still haven't seen it yet!

It was another one of those films that 80% of people would probably think is pish, and 20% of people love.

2007 was twice as long as it should have been, it lost the audience :lol:

Well, it did have to be long, he sold out so had to earn the cash!

Shame really, I was hearing he was shortlisted for Beijing, but seeing as he has turned pro, it isn't going to happen.

The Prestige - 8.5/10

Wasnt really expecting much to be honest but this is a fantastic film. Plenty of twists and turns, just when you think that you have it sussed it throws another twist at you. Acting is ok, not great but does the job. Oh and Scarlett Johannsen is absolutely fantastic!!

Aye, definitely the same guys. They did 40 Year Old Virgin as well.

Superbad's next on my must-see list.

Sunday looks good.

:)

It takes a lot to get me to laugh out loud in the cinema, to the point I've tears streaming down my face.

Knocked Up and Superbad have both now had that effect on me.

9/10.

:D

I've watched a few films recently, so here we go.

Pan's Labyrinth - Fantastic, loved it. 10/10

Saw 3 - It was ok I suppose, but definitely not as good as 1 and 2. 5/10

Memento - Very clever, with a great ending. 9/10

Knocked Up - Meh. Kind of what I expected, reasonably funny. 6.5/10

Lucky Number Sleven - Pretty good, but not nearly as clever as it thinks it is in my opinion. 7/10