What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Unemployment is great. Scream, Scream 2 and Scream 3 watched between yesterday afternoon and this morning, and 28 Days Later on just now. The Scream Trilogy always gets a 10/10 from me, and not even the highly annoying Drew Barrymore or Jada Pinkett can ruin it for me. The fact they both die in the first 10 minutes of the films they're in only go to improve it. :D

I went to see Michael Clayton on Saturday

7/10 which is superb for anything with Clooney in it and extra marks for the wife having to ask me half way through what the feck it was all about. Ideal film for part time conspiracy theorists like myself.

I saw that on Sunday night. Good film, Swinton is good in it as well. She reminds me of Andei PcPhee from Dawsons Creek :lol:

Surprised to hear how many people seem to have trouble following it. In fairness though you do need to pay attention to it otherwise you will get lost. I would also give it 7/10 :)

Welcome back :D

I watched Severance last night, while watching i thought "this is a film Saltyton would love" 8/10 - A good mixture of humour, drug use and extreme violence, a perfect mix for a film.

9/10 Best British film I've ever seen :D

As I was at the horror show that was Scotland 0 Hungary 3, I loved to see English speaking people get one back on those b*****ds and be victorius!

GIRFUY Szabolcs Huszti !

And no, no fishing trip, SOTL was boring as f**k.

I saw that on Sunday night. Good film, Swinton is good in it as well. She reminds me of Andei PcPhee from Dawsons Creek :lol:

Tilda swinton is a criminally under-rated actress. If she was good looking she would be in the top 3 actresses in the world in terms of popularity (as she can actually act and not just look good)

9/10 Best British film I've ever seen :D

As I was at the horror show that was Scotland 0 Hungary 3, I loved to see English speaking people get one back on those b*****ds and be victorius!

GIRFUY Szabolcs Huszti !

And no, no fishing trip, SOTL was boring as f**k.

I knew you would like it B)

Check out the other film i watched, Condemned, you would like that as well.

A Shot at Glory on ITV 4, just started. Watch it!

I caught a wee bit of that last night. It was the bit in the boozer where they show you Jackie scoring all his goals for "Celtic". In reality they had doctored someof his great goals for the Gers to make it look like he was wearing Celtic colours.

Had to turn it off. Nightmares last night because of it. :(

This week I have mostly been watching I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry.

I'm not a huge Adam Sandler fan, but my girlfriend is, so I went along to see it. It's actually pretty good, and it's quite thoughtful the way that these two straight guys experience the discrimination that is rife in so many places. And it's pretty funny in a lot of parts as well, and Jessica Biel is amazing.

7/10.

I got a free ticket to see the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween which I knew would be sh*te but, since I'm a big fan of the original, curiosity took me to see it.

It's unspeakably bad on every single level. 100% horsesh*t. Not even so bad it's funny apart form the 'Love Hurts' bit near the start which is so hilariously lame it's incredible. EVERYTHING about that film is wrong.

I got a free ticket to see the Rob Zombie remake of Halloween which I knew would be sh*te but, since I'm a big fan of the original, curiosity took me to see it.

It's unspeakably bad on every single level. 100% horsesh*t. Not even so bad it's funny apart form the 'Love Hurts' bit near the start which is so hilariously lame it's incredible. EVERYTHING about that film is wrong.

Not a remake :lol:

And stars Danny Trejo, who is in every film ever made! Legend!

Anyone seen Atonement yet - based on the Ian McEwan novel and starring Kiera Knightly? :unsure: I'm taking Mrs Kilt to see it this afternoon in Clydebank. :) It's had really good reviews and I'm hoping it won't be a two hour borefest! :(

Control - Just in from seeing the film and I was very impressed.

Anyone whose ever read the NME will be familiar with Anton Corbijn's occasionally stunning photography and here he uses monochrome to superb effect, making Macclesfield look every part of the grimy Northern England mill town it is. It's a bit like a modern day take on the "kitchen sink" dramas of the 60s.

Sam Riley gives an excellent performance as Curtis and the other members of the band are also superb as they played all the music themselves rather than mime to a backing track. This was interesting as what you get is almost like a tribute act playing alternative versions of the songs we are familiar with. Tony Kebble provides several moments of real laugh-out-loud humour in playing their manager, Rob Gretton.

Some minor criticisms are that the film focuses so much on Curtis that the other members of the band, Gretton and Tony Wilson are almost like bit players and I really didn't see the point of playing The Killers doing a cover version of Shadowplay over the end credits.

Fans will love it I'm sure and even non-fans should enjoy it. 8/10

Really enjoyed Kenny, a mockumentary about an Australian guy who supplies toilet facilities to festival events. Lots of toilet humour naturally but this is cleverly interspersed with his homespun philosophy on life and his family relations.

But it must have bombed at the box office, being taken off the screens after just one week in most areas. Nobody else turned up when I went to see it and I had the whole cinema to myself.

Not a remake :lol:

And stars Danny Trejo, who is in every film ever made! Legend!

Alright then it's not a remake. Re-imagining maybe? Original story with some extra 'background'?

Or steaming pile of sh*te?

The original Halloween is one of my favourite films of all time. Zombie has taken the idea, removed any suspense (in fact removed anything scary at all) and thrown up a film so amatuerish that it's beyond lame.