What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

i love shit films the shitter the better. come on a plot about evil halloween masks made from a bit of stonehenge all controlled by the most irish man on tv since chief ohara from batman you can't beat it. also texas chainsaw massacre 2 another fine showcase for dennis hopper

This week I have mostly been watching:

Stardust - Fantasy romp in which a humble village boy travels through the magical kingdom of Stormhold to retrieve a fallen star which just so happens to be the lovely Clare Danes. Hot on their heels are an evil prince and an even more evil witch. Top fun all round, 8/10.

Rendition - I'm not a huge fan of Jake Gyllenhal but he's excellent in this at playing someone who can't quite believe this is what happens in the world. Good supporting cast as well and an excellent twist, 8/10 again.

Looking forward to seeing 30 Days Of Night over the weekend as well.

Edited by Gaz

I watched Blood Diamond on DVD last night and think it was even better than when I saw it in the cinema. I now watch it about once a week. The whole plot is fantastic and Di Caprio turns in a good performance with his accent, which was dodgy the first time I heard it. The ending is very good as well and doesn't travel down the cliched one I expected it to. Refreshing yet still moving at the same time.

I'll need to give it about 9/10.

Just watched that myself. It's a belter of a story, a sensitive score, some outstanding acting and at times quite moving. Could have done without the Jennifer Connelly character, I felt, but otherwise a cracking 90 minutes. I'll give it a 7, with a mark taken away for the slightly preach messages.

:lol:

Anyways, decided to give It another watch. Now, some of the acting in this movie is horrific enough to warrant an 18 certificate. However, in Pennywise, it boasts easily my favourite horror movie baddie. For a TV movie, this is pretty good stuff.

7/10

Anyways, decided to give It another watch. Now, some of the acting in this movie is horrific enough to warrant an 18 certificate. However, in Pennywise, it boasts easily my favourite horror movie baddie. For a TV movie, this is pretty good stuff.

7/10

Amazing to think that 4 people made it out of that with semi-decent careers intact when you consider the quality of the acting involved!!

7/10

That thing was a close second after Mr Krueger in mentally scarring me as a wean. :lol:

Night of the Hunter

Quite simply a tremendous film.

The scene were the two kids are hiding in the barn, hear somebody whistling, and look out only to see Robert Mitchum astride his horse on the road under the moonlight is one of my favourite scenes from any film. Really stuck with me.

8.5/10

Dead Mans Shoes

Paddy Considine takes revenge on a bunch of neds (or the Derbyshire equivelent of neds) who tormented his learning disabled kid brother. A brutal, powerful film. Paddy Consdine is great in it.

8/10

Eastern Promises - 7/10

Pretty good if abit predicatable. Basically shows the nasty side of people trafficing and does it very well. Some quality violence and some not so quality. :(

Death Proof - 6/10

Bizzare film. A psychotic stunt man goes on the rampage. Not one of Tarantino's better films. I actually fell asleep for about 2 mins during this.

Death Proof - 6/10

Bizzare film. A psychotic stunt man goes on the rampage. Not one of Tarantino's better films. I actually fell asleep for about 2 mins during this.

Does Roth die? If so, it'd be worth paying to see!

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter - 7/10

As good as the second one, but not as good as the first one.

Soundtrack is good as well. :)

Jesus Christ.

The first one was one of my favourite films but the sequels barely merit a mention.

7/10? :lol:

Jesus Christ.

The first one was one of my favourite films but the sequels barely merit a mention.

7/10? :lol:

They are both entertaining and you actually want to watch them to the end. And they've got Danny Trejo in them, legend!

Cop Land

Absolutely terrific movie, which hits all of the right buttons. Sly Stallone shows that he can act in this one, with an incredibly underplayed performance as the sheriff who's town is going to the dogs. The climax is about as pleasing as any you're likely to see in a movie.

9/10