What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Film 3/14 of my Hitchcock boxset. Doris Day and Jimmy Stewart star as an American couple travelling in Morrocco whose son is kidanpped after Stewart inadvertantly gets involved in the plot to assassinate a diplomat in London. The film climaxes at the Albert Hall where the assassination is due to take place. The least enjoyable of the boxset so far, Hitchcock tries to cram too much into this and it doesn't really feel cohesive or thrilling as it should be. And the kidnapped son is an annoying little shite. Still, Stewart is always watchable.

5/10

No Country For Old Men

The very first screening (and Scottish premiere!) at one of the brand new cinema screens at Eden Court Theatre was the Coen Brother's latest. I would say it is somewhat a return to form but isn't brilliant. Tommy Lee Jones is ideal as a weary but wise sherriff and Javier Bardem is excellent as the psycho baddy. It looks really good in places, is funny at times, and there's some good tension but i was left slightly underwhelmed at the end.

7/10

What's the new Eden Court like?

I watched Identity last night, alright wee flick, nothing spectacular. A bit reminiscent of 'Raising Cain'.

6/10

The Man Who Knew Too Much

Film 3/14 of my Hitchcock boxset. Doris Day and Jimmy Stewart star as an American couple travelling in Morrocco whose son is kidanpped after Stewart inadvertantly gets involved in the plot to assassinate a diplomat in London. The film climaxes at the Albert Hall where the assassination is due to take place. The least enjoyable of the boxset so far, Hitchcock tries to cram too much into this and it doesn't really feel cohesive or thrilling as it should be. And the kidnapped son is an annoying little shite. Still, Stewart is always watchable.

5/10

Does your boxset have the 1934 original, also directed by Hitchcock and starring Peter Lorre?

Guest Tatty Boabie
im going to sounds such a girl

harry potter and the order of the phoenix

in my defence my kids wanted to watch it

ahhh feck who am I kidding I did

That's a superb film. I moaned and moaned about having to watch it one Xmas because there were kids coming round, and then absolutely loved it. :lol:

I don't mind admitting it either.

Fantastic Escapism film.

Loch Ness.

I indulged myself in the 4pm movie on the Sci-Fi channel during the week. Thoroughly entertaining, thought the twist at the end when you think all the wee girl is seeing are the little otter things then good old Nessie rears it's big head. Tear-jerking performance from that guy in "Three Men and a Little Lady" 9/10.

What's the new Eden Court like?

Pretty nice and impressive in the ticketing area and the cinema that i was in was pretty decent with comfy chairs. There were a couple of opening night problems however:

• There seemed to be no heating - i was bloody freezing.
  • The seating rows are staggered and signs don't seem to equate with the row you are sitting in - this caused huge confusion amongst people in rows A and B and murmurs of "farce" and "waste of money" were circulating. Edited to say even the usher had no idea what was row A. We had to tell him it was most likely the first row!

Does your boxset have the 1934 original, also directed by Hitchcock and starring Peter Lorre?

Nah mine doesn't have that one. Is it better?

Edited by RayBees

Harry Potter and the Order Of The Phoenix.

8/10

A surprisingly stylish film. Brilliantly made and the main actors are getting better in every film. The supporting cast of schoolkids are appalling though.

I thought the book was pretty dull (sort of a transitional year) but this was the most enjpoyable of the Harry Potter movies so far. It's like a supernatural Goonies with a dash of teenage angst and elements of (don't laugh) Requiem For a Dream.

Excellent.