What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

As a horror fanatic, is IT considered to be good, or rubbish by 'your sort'?

Middle of the road mate, but then it's not really a film.

A 7/10 effort for me.

Tim Curry does a fantastic job in making a fairly comical idea into a half-decent horror (for a 15 certificate).

FleshEater (1988)

6/10

The highest mark I've ever given to a B movie. But this was sheer genius if you're a big fan of the Romero zombie movies, especially Night of the Living Dead as this was written, directed by and STARRING Bill Hinzman, the cemetery zombie in NOTLD!

They're coming to get you Barbara! Now you see the brilliance behind this!!

The zombie was the main character!!!

Fucking ace! :D :D

Charlie Wilson's War.

Really enjoyed this one. Hanks and Seymour Hoffman are brilliant. There scenes together have almost always got a big laugh in them. Julia Roberts is good as well. It actually could have done with being slightly longer and showed more of the aftermath of the conflict and how the countries that helped kick out the Soviets from Afghanistan abandoned the country to the extremists.

8/10

Demonium (2001)

1/10

I've never seen such bad acting, effects and plot as this in my life! I include Spawn in this! :lol:

Directed by Andreas Schnaas who made Violent Shit 1-3 and Zombie 90 - Extreme Pestilence. That kind of says it all! Utter pish!!

Friday the 13th - Part 2

0/10 Fucking Mince!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 15 minutes of shagging, followed by shit acting, followed by some stupid cow getting her tits and hairy axe wound out!!!!

Basically shite........apart from that i like all the other Friday the 13th's, this one just infuriatingly crap.

Black Snake Moan - Samuel L Jackson, Chritina Ricci and, erm, Justin Timberlake provide an acting masterclass - I kid you not - in a dark, disturbing and yet enormously warm-hearted movie about captivity, I guess. Watch this movie and you realise quite how offensively moronic the Saw movies are. This could possibly be the greatest movie of the last ten years. Terrific stuff. 10/10.

I never thought I could be moved to tears by a Justin Timberlake performance, but there you go. That guy has talent.

Zodiac – 7/10. Pretty decent. Being at true story the principles were never going to be in mortal danger.

Got that on DVD for Crimbo. Given the film is two hours long all the "action" is squeezed into the first 25 minutes I think they could have included his first murder prior to his shooting of Darlene and her "man" which is the first one the viewers see.

Saw Charlie Wilsons War last night with Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts playing the lead roles. It covers the role of congressman Charlie Wilson who, encouraged by his love "interest" Joanne (Roberts), vastly increases aid to the Afghan Mujahideen to fight the Soviets during the invasion of Afghanistan.

Wilson visits one of the refugee camps and is moved by the sight of injured men, woman and children and is convinced that he must obtain more funding for the war from the original £10 million he had secured originally. In the end, he commandeers over $600 million a year for American funding to support the war against the Soviets.

After the Soviet pull out everyone is celebrating Wilsons re - election when his "partner" in the operation, Gust Avrakotos, approaches him to secure funding to help rebuild Afghanistan. But Wilson is unable to do this with many simply not interested in funding the rebuilding of schools and other necessities. The implied warning from Gust was that there could be severe reprecussions for the US and other countries should the US cut it's funding so drastically hinting at this being the reason for the 9/11 attacks among others.

The film is very funny in places and Phillip Seymour Hoffman who plays Gust is perhaps the best of them all. Well worth seeing.

8/10.

Edited by RiG

Friday the 13th - Part 2

0/10 Fucking Mince!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

About 15 minutes of shagging, followed by shit acting, followed by some stupid cow getting her tits and hairy axe wound out!!!!

Basically shite........apart from that i like all the other Friday the 13th's, this one just infuriatingly crap.

You've got to be kidding. The series is a let down to begin with but everything from part 5 onwards is total garbage.

Black Snake Moan - Samuel L Jackson, Chritina Ricci and, erm, Justin Timberlake provide an acting masterclass - I kid you not - in a dark, disturbing and yet enormously warm-hearted movie about captivity, I guess. Watch this movie and you realise quite how offensively moronic the Saw movies are. This could possibly be the greatest movie of the last ten years. Terrific stuff. 10/10.

I never thought I could be moved to tears by a Justin Timberlake performance, but there you go. That guy has talent.

I somehow suspect you have your tongue in your cheek over this one. However, I did enjoy the film which is a hoot (with hooters).

World Trade Center

Very well done and very moving, rarely descending to the whooping nationalistic fervour levels of many Hollywood disaster movies.

Nicolas Cage did the job well enough, although the other cop he was buried with's wife was excellent.

I'd say.....7/10