What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

So you are saying that you didn't really "get it" :rolleyes:

There is no "getting" of films, films aren't clever, they are to be taken at face value as they are generally made for the American public who consider Friends to be a witty comedy. :lol:

There is no "getting" of films, films aren't clever, they are to be taken at face value as they are generally made for the American public who consider Friends to be a witty comedy. :lol:

Nonsense :P

Watch Requiem For a Dream and tell me it was made with the same intentions as Beerfest.

10,000BC

Took Boy Bloo to see it and was pleasantly surprised

7/10 just cos I didn't get fed up at any time and at around 1h 40mins was perfect in length

PS probably going to see There Will Be Blood later today - anyone seen it?

Urban Legend (1998)

8/10

Great wee movie, with a couple of necessary twists. Alicia Witt is good in her role as Natalie, despite being typecast as the intelligent geeky redhead stemming back to her Cybill days. Obviously the horror legends Robert Englund and Danielle Harris are fantastic as per usual, and Danielle as a goth is beyond hot. :wub:

Even Jared Leto was brilliant, in the main role.

10,000BC

7/10 just cos I didn't get fed up at any time and at around 1h 40mins was perfect in length

I downloaded it a while ago, its alright, but it has to be your kinda film.

Took in 10,000 BC last night. Pretty poor but some of the special FX are all right. The sabre toothed cat was slightly on the large side and we could have done with seeing more of it. Hope they got the right subspecies of mammoth considering they were in the desert!

Wee bit too much of the film was about signs and marks and it all got a bit boring watching them decide what they were going to do.

Disappointing but not as bad as I had predicted. 4/10.

10,000BC

Tremendous film. Daniel Day Lewis is just amzing in it.

Crocodile (2000) (V)

6/10

Tobe Hooper made a far better film this time after the dismal effort him and Robert Englund made of Eaten Alive back in 1977.

Probably his third best film that I've seen, and considering the $2.8 million budget the special effects were no where near as bad as you would expect them to be, especially with a crocodile in it!

I'll continue the Planes, Trains and Automobiles love, and say it's probably an 8/10.

The Man From Earth

This movie has a major flaw in it. There's no way that, if my mate was standing in front of me telling the stories the lead tells, I'd believe any of the stuff, and I wouldn't even entertain the notion of it. Thumbs are in the middle, because it's a fun ride, but an utterly idiotic one at the same time.

5/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was on the telly last night. Doesnt really have the same appeal as when I saw it as a 10 year old , but still pretty good mindless entertainment.

7/10

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom was on the telly last night. Doesnt really have the same appeal as when I saw it as a 10 year old , but still pretty good mindless entertainment.

7/10

I also watched this last night, my 5 year old son had never seen it before and he loved it

Die Hard 4.0

7/10

got what I expected, explosions, a tidy burd ( maggie q, although I prefered her recent performance with edison chen :o ) and yipi ki yay

Cruel intentions (1999)

Tag line: "In the game of seduction, There is only one rule: Never fall in love"

The plot is the same as...

Liaisons dangereuses, Les (1959)

Kiken na kankei (1978)

Nebezpecné známosti (1980) (TV)

Liaisons dangereuses, Les (1980) (TV)

Dangerous Liaisons (1988)

Valmont (1989)

The Dangerous Liaisons (1994) (TV)

Eiskalte Engel (2001) (V)

"Liaisons dangereuses, Les" (2003) (mini)

Scandal - Joseon namnyeo sangyeoljisa (2003)

Dangerous Liaisons (2005) (V)

Fixed

Nope... fixed....

Edited by SaltyTON

Just watched Maverick on telly there, forgotton how much I enjoyed that movie. Good, clean fun, with some good acting and a few great scenes, even if the actual plot is somewhat hackneyed.

The bit where Danny Glover robs the bank, and him and Gibson look at each other as if they've met before (a sly reference to the Lethal Weapon films) is genius.

7/10.