What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The bit where Danny Glover robs the bank, and him and Gibson look at each other as if they've met before (a sly reference to the Lethal Weapon films) is genius.

Yep, great film and great scene.

Ocean's Eleven (2001)

8/10

Well thought out plan, have never seen the Sinatra original so don't know if it was entirely new scheme or not, but well constructed even if it was the same details!

Pitt, Clooney and the legendary Elliot Gould were brilliant. And a good introduction for new star in Julia Roberts. ;)

Alive - 8/10

I think this movie is great - the fact it is based on true events also makes it better (don't know why)

Good film, but I think the book's better - although I was struck by the fact that after they'd started to eat the dead bodies, people started dying off mysteriously (maybe I'm just being cynical).

If I remember rightly, the film doesn't point out that if they'd actually climbed down the hill (rather than up and over) they'd have found civilisation far quicker.

I watched Hallam Foe on Saturday - 7/10. I found it a bit awkward but it was enjoyable, especially the Edinburgh setting.

Spoiler question

One question for all you movie buffs etc - how the fucking hell did they film the sex scene when Hallam is looking down through the sky-light and the duty manager is shagging the HR burd and looking back at him without actually having sex?

Cruel intentions (1999)

Tag line: "In the game of seduction, There is only one rule: Never fall in love"

The plot is a bit strange but it is good!

They wouldn't make rubbish like Cruel Intentions and Meet The Spartans if people didn't go to see them or rent the DVDs. The movie going audience have a lot to answer for.

The orphanage - 8/10

Saw it today, would recommend it for horror fans that dont just want to see gore. Didnt really like the ending as a i thought it gave the characters too much of a redeeming quality that they didnt really deserve. Its in subtitles BTW

Edited by Dr. Name

What types? Utter shite films?

I thought this was really bad. There was the occasional laugh but that was soon lost as they kept booting the arse out of the same jokes.

I think you really have to utterly despise The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe.

It made the same jokes that we were making whilst watching that heap of shit, so it made it funny.

Epic Movie (2007)

7/10

As these types of movies go, the best of its kind. Far funnier than Scary Movie or Shriek.

Epic movie and Date move where utter shite!! Scary movie 1 was good as far as these films go! But 7-10??? cmon?

PS i know you never mentioned Date movie , but i fucking hated that film!!

I watched Hallam Foe on Saturday - 7/10. I found it a bit awkward but it was enjoyable, especially the Edinburgh setting.

Spoiler question

One question for all you movie buffs etc - how the fucking hell did they film the sex scene when Hallam is looking down through the sky-light and the duty manager is shagging the HR burd and looking back at him without actually having sex?

It was a fairly intimite scene, wasn't it? His stauner must have been digging in her pelvis something rotten.

As for the film, I quite liked it although there were a few uncomfortable moments. And it was worth watching for my girlfriend going a bit over the top with excitement. The lassie he was wanting to tap's front door and close they filmed in on Chambers Street was her friends front door, and the flat was the one above where she lived. She was even worse when there was a single scene filmed outside her front door on Merchant Street.

That film is easily a 9 or 10, IMO.

One of the greatest films, ever.

I tend to agree with the original rating of 8. While I think it's a brilliant film and one of my favourites, it is cheesy as hell and a little dated these days.

Carnival of Souls (1998)

3/10

Why do well known directors (Wes Craven, in this case) allow their names to be attached to utter shite???

Shawnee Smith and Bobbie Phillips do well even to save it from being a complete disaster, but after seeing Hellraiser 8 last week the whole idea of paranoid delusions whilst in a grave has been done properly recently, so seeing this only reinforces its 10.

The Prestige - 8/10

Great movie, feel a bit cheated with the ending. Thought it delved a little into fantasy.

Spoiler question:

How does the transported Angier know not to appear when Borden goes downstairs to try to work out the trick? Surely he is already at the other end of the theatre and unaware of what's going on backstage?

Epic movie and Date move where utter shite!! Scary movie 1 was good as far as these films go! But 7-10??? cmon?

PS i know you never mentioned Date movie , but i fucking hated that film!!

I must have posted on this thread 100 times, how is it not obvious that I just rate them for what they are meant to be. It's 7/10 as far as spoofs go, 10/10 would be Scream in this genre, however Craven tried to make it more than it was.

EDIT: Okay closer to a thousand than a hundred, but you get my point! :P

Edited by SaltyTON

They wouldn't make rubbish like Cruel Intentions and Meet The Spartans if people didn't go to see them or rent the DVDs. The movie going audience have a lot to answer for.

C'mon now, play fair, Cruel Intentions wiz good. Ok, maybe not good, but it had Sarah Michelle Gellar saying 'You can put it anywhere', and french kissing some lassie.

As for Meet the Spartans I can only imagine how bad that would be, but if it's anything like Scary Movie then it would be scenes lifted directly from 300 with a fart joke, or a gay joke, or a joke about smoking weed, or a joke about a celebrity inserted. About as funny as blood on your toilet paper.

Anyway

No Country For Old Men - 7/10

Fargo - 9/10

Not another teen movie

"Well I am the token black guy. I'm meant to stay a the back and say things like 'dang' and 'that is wack'.

"Excuse me, but i'm the only token black guy at this party"

:L

This isn't Bebo ;)