What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Cloverfield (2008)

A group of really annoying and fucking stupid people, with no redeeming characteristics running about with a pretty crappy camcorder, looking at the floor every ten seconds away from a Godzilla-like monster spitting spiders out for some reason unknown to man.

Salty in totally missing the point of a film 'shock'. :P

I've got 5 films sitting in front of me here, and I don't know what one to watch.

Should I view;

The departed

O Brother, where art thou?

Apocalypto

Good morning Vietnam

Big Nothing (Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer film)

What does the peeps in this thread think? I can't decide.

I've got 5 films sitting in front of me here, and I don't know what one to watch.

Should I view;

The departed

O Brother, where art thou?

Apocalypto

Good morning Vietnam

Big Nothing (Simon Pegg and David Schwimmer film)

What does the peeps in this thread think? I can't decide.

I'll narrow it down for you, Apocalypto is pretentious nonsense, which gets irritating after about 5 minutes.

Big Nothing, David Schwimmer, leave it and throw in front of bus.

The other ones you should be safe enough with.

The Departed is great fun. Most of the characters are awesome. Not seen O Brother Where Art Thou or Big Nothing. Good Morning Vietnam annoys me at times, as there's too much of the irritating Robin Williams. I like Williams at times, but he's just TOO loud in that one.

Salty is spot on about Apocalypto.

I would rate it as OK.

Clueless though, gets a solid 8/10. Starting to age but still quality. If your s.o. demands a chick flick this is probably the best one out there.

Due to Alicia Silverstone still being young and hot?

10,000 B.C. (2008)

3/10

$75 million for that? Okay, I know they had to spend quite a lot of the budget importing, feeding and training the mammoths, but for f**k's sake, what a waste of money! :thumbsdown

Se7en

Another watch of this movie has made me love it even more. It's more about the relationship between Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt than it is about the serial killer for the most part. Of course, the serial killer storyline takes centre stage eventually as you'd expect. The utterly terrific climax scene is full of tension. This movie also contains a right "GOTCHA !" scary moment. No qualms giving this the full whammy.

10/10

EDIT : Oh, and Primal Fear is a nice wee hidden gem.

Edited by DomDom

A Scanner Darkly

Pretty fucked up drug movie, and even weirder by the trippy animation technique used. I loved the scenes where they're just basically talking nonsense whilst on "Substance D".

I'm not 100% that I "got" it, but I'm still giving it a 7.5/10.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

Finally got around to watching The Departed today.

Excellent movie, with top class acting performances by all the big hitters, even Di Caprio. Alec Baldwin is, in particular, terrific as the off-the-wall police chief.

9/10