What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Insomnia (2002)

Better than I thought it was going to be from what I read on the guide. Started off fairly well and kept on going strongly. Kept the viewer guessing at parts. Thoroughly enjoyable.

8/10

I fell asleep after the bit with Al Pacino and Robin Williams on the boat. Can you summarise for me please? Thanks.

I think you're being kind with that rating. It really is a horrible drop from the first movie which I enjoyed a fair bit. Almost the entire cast were absolutely horrible which didn't exactly help matters and some of the scenes were stupid on a major scale.

I probably was.

However, I decided that because it was so well made and, despite it being made for teenage girls, them sticking four hilariously obvious slow motion shots of Kristen Stewart running, with the camera focussed on her chest.

I couldn't stop laughing every time they did it, as there was no attempt to hide it!

Gamer (2009)

Now this mark is probably going to be overly high as the story itself was pretty predictable and in parts downright clichéd. However, Neveldine and Taylor are two of my favourite screenplay writers, they just don't give a shit and make everything as over-the-top as possible (Crank 1&2, Pathology).

If he worked with Uwe Boll it would be the funniest film ever made!

Gerard Butler does really well as the convicted murderer being controlled within a FPS environment by a geeky rich kid with possibly the best games room ever!

It's not ever going to win any awards, and it gets shit on from a high height for ridiculousness by Crank, but it is fun once you get past the stupidity of the main plot.

If it was taken seriously it would be about 3/10, but as the shit hits the fan, it becomes a let the bodies hit the floor slobber-knocker, it deserves a respectable 7/10 (would be 6.5, but I don't do half marks!)

Edited by SaltyTON

I'll go through the few I've watched recently on the Hard-Drive

Toy Story - A classic. A film I've been able to watch again and again and is still as fresh now as it was 15 years ago (astonishing that it's 15). Cracking balance of comedy, seriousness, visual mastery and emotion. 9.5/10

From Paris with Love - A cracking, fast-paced but slightly clichéd action film. But I can forgive it as John Travolta puts in a fantastic performance and it's very funny in parts. Especially his first 20 minutes when we are being introduced to his character, Wax. 8.5/10

Funny People - Whilst I disagree with Andy in the post above me in some points he's spot on in others. I thought it was a decent film without being overly funny (which is rather disappointing) and was absorbing enough to keep me until the end, I did start to wane about the 2 hour mark, which is faaaaar too long for a film of this sort. They could have easily curbed it down to an hour and a half and Adam Sandler's character shows himself up as a total p***k. Was OK, but wouldn't sit through it a second time. 6/10

The Hangover - Unashamedly, one of my favourite Comedies ever. One I'll probably go back to in years to come and still laugh my arse off at. 10/10

The Heartbreak Kid - Decent turn for the Farrellys, not as funny as Kingpin and Something About Mary though. I quite like Ben Stiller, so will give any comedy he's in a spin. It had it's moments, but they weren't as full-on funny as I would have liked, still, I've seen far worse. 7/10

Toy Story 3 (3D) - Cracking Finale of a wonderful trilogy. I'm really glad they waited off on the 3rd movie and put together a strong script, rather than churn out meaningless sequels (much like the Shrek franchise has been doing) for the sake of merchandise. Emotional ending to the series and a genuinely funny film. By the time most 3rd films come about, the quality has dwindled rapidly. That's not the case here. Only downside was the loss of some of the other (albeit minor) characters, but I could understand that due to the amount of new characters added to the film. A cracker. 9/10

Escape to Victory 69%

Enjoyable enough to watch, i am an absolute sucker for the ending.

Shooter 74%

Quite a suprisingly good film. Entertaining thrill ride without ever taking itself too seriously.

Ghost Town 48%

This was really just a big meh to me, like most of gervais post the office stuff. Not too hatable but not too lovable either.

Star Trek 81%

I just had to get this watched in HD when the sky box arrived on the weekend. Seen this a couple of times now and it still is as exciting to watch as the first time.

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)

Good fun, not going to go overboard as it doesn't seem to have much rewatch value, a severe problem I found with the Simpsons movie.

The cameo from the Hoff was quality!

Although I didn't think SpongeBob's dislike of black people was really necessary...

post-1530-1280785773854_thumb.jpg

7/10

I'll go through the few I've watched recently on the Hard-Drive

Toy Story - A classic. A film I've been able to watch again and again and is still as fresh now as it was 15 years ago (astonishing that it's 15). Cracking balance of comedy, seriousness, visual mastery and emotion. 9.5/10

From Paris with Love - A cracking, fast-paced but slightly clichéd action film. But I can forgive it as John Travolta puts in a fantastic performance and it's very funny in parts. Especially his first 20 minutes when we are being introduced to his character, Wax. 8.5/10

The Hangover - Unashamedly, one of my favourite Comedies ever. One I'll probably go back to in years to come and still laugh my arse off at. 10/10

The Heartbreak Kid - Decent turn for the Farrellys, not as funny as Kingpin and Something About Mary though. I quite like Ben Stiller, so will give any comedy he's in a spin. It had it's moments, but they weren't as full-on funny as I would have liked, still, I've seen far worse. 7/10

Toy Story 3 (3D) - Cracking Finale of a wonderful trilogy. I'm really glad they waited off on the 3rd movie and put together a strong script, rather than churn out meaningless sequels (much like the Shrek franchise has been doing) for the sake of merchandise. Emotional ending to the series and a genuinely funny film. By the time most 3rd films come about, the quality has dwindled rapidly. That's not the case here. Only downside was the loss of some of the other (albeit minor) characters, but I could understand that due to the amount of new characters added to the film. A cracker. 9/10

Yup!

Yup!

Yup!

Yup!

And Yup - except I wouldn't be surprised if there's a fourth, they're not that daft ;)

Edited by Rugster

I fell asleep after the bit with Al Pacino and Robin Williams on the boat. Can you summarise for me please? Thanks.

You didn't really miss much. You fell asleep at the right part, where nothing new came into the film. They just continued trying to rat each other out, until they shot each other simultaneously and both died (as far as I can remember).

Toy Story 3 (in 3D) (2010)

To be honest, I don't get what all the hype was about. Perhaps it was because I was in a bad mood whilst viewing it. Perhaps it was the fact I felt it wasn't as '3D' as other 3D movies I've viewed were. I just didn't enjoy it until the last half an hour, really. Then, I felt, it got more exciting, funny, and emotional. I wouldn't mind going to see it again, perhaps when I'm in a better mood, but for now it's just above average.

6/10.

You didn't really miss much. You fell asleep at the right part, where nothing new came into the film. They just continued trying to rat each other out, until they shot each other simultaneously and both died (as far as I can remember).

Toy Story 3 (in 3D) (2010)

To be honest, I don't get what all the hype was about. Perhaps it was because I was in a bad mood whilst viewing it. Perhaps it was the fact I felt it wasn't as '3D' as other 3D movies I've viewed were. I just didn't enjoy it until the last half an hour, really. Then, I felt, it got more exciting, funny, and emotional. I wouldn't mind going to see it again, perhaps when I'm in a better mood, but for now it's just above average.

6/10.

I really hate 3D and won't be viewing anything further in 3D, it will die out again in time. Although I might make the exception for Happy Feet 2. :D

I thought the Hangover was vastly overrated, it was not bad, but not the funniest film ever or anything.

I would agree with that. It is funny in bits however I cant help but feel like the film tried to hard to funny, trying to outdo the previous gag as the film went on.

Harold and Kumar 2: Escape from Guantanamo Bay 54%

An okay enough sequel, Neil Patrick Harris's cameo was like in the first film the best thing about it imo.

Inception - 8/10. Loved it even though it was a bit confusing.

Hot Tub Time Machine - 7/10. Thought it was going to be funnier than it was but it still had a good few moments.

How To Train Your Dragon - 7/10. I enjoyed it. I seem to find this a lot with animated films, I dont think they are going to be good and I somehow end up seeing them and really enjoying them.

Karate Kid, 6/10, Pretty good as remakes go, different from the first as the kid is a kid and not 22. For me the big downside is that it's too long, could have easily cut 20-30 minutes off it and not affected the story in the slightest.

Hot Tub Time Machine - 7/10. Thought it was going to be funnier than it was but it still had a good few moments.

This film was advertised over and over again on the telly which didn't help. The line "what colour is Michael Jackson" was absolutely tremendous :L

Blood Diamond - 8/10. Not a bad movie at all, huh?

Bubba Ho-Tep - 3/10. What the f**k!!?? I nearly turned it off after 20 minutes til I got a flash of some panties. There were a couple of funny moments in this piss take of 80's horror.

Inception 9/10

Thought it was brilliant, makes you think a lot of course but I think I managed to follow it well!

Toy Story 3 (in 3D) 7.5/10

Did enjoy it, although I took my 3 year old niece with me and thought it was all a bit doom & gloom for the weans! Don't think the 3D added much, the best application of it was in the Night & Day cartoon before the film...which was brilliant.

The A-Team 7/10

Really daft, the tank parachuting from the aeroplane especially, but I enjoyed it for the madness. Loved Sharlto Copley as Murdock and Bradley Cooper was good as Face also. If they make enough money I can see a few brainless sequels following.

Beverly Hills Cop 7.5/10

Hilarious in points, Eddie Murphy is just great to watch at times. Hard to believe that the script was written as a more serious drama to star Sylvester Stallone. The "Michael Jackson: Sitting On Top of the World" and "Super Cops" scenes are the best.

Blood Diamond - 8/10. Not a bad movie at all, huh?

Bubba Ho-Tep - 3/10. What the f**k!!?? I nearly turned it off after 20 minutes til I got a flash of some panties. There were a couple of funny moments in this piss take of 80's horror.

Bubba Ho-Tep is a cult purely because it has Evil Dead star Bruce Campbell and Phantasm legend Reggie Bannister in it, it is however pretty shite. I went as high as 4/10, but there's no way it's passable!