What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Schindlers List

10/10

Simply oustanding.

"There are fewer than 4000 Jews left alive in Poland today. There are more than 6000 descendants of the Schindler Jews"

That just tells you everything.

Amazing film. That man is a legend. To see him break down at the end was so moving, after his hard exterior throughout the film.

This is some Mark Kermode style film reviewing coming up, brace yourselves.

Inception

Fucking quality.

9/10

The Lovely Bones

Didn't even want to watch it in the first place, and it was absolutely balls. Worst film going. Peter Jackson is fucking shite.

2/10

ohmy.gif I thought that was a brilliant film. The main actor was excellent, I had no idea she was Irish. I thought Peter Jackson did a fantastic job on the visual effects front.

I watched The Man with the Golden Gun last night. I'm not really a big Bond buff so my rating is based on what I saw, not comparison.

7/10, quite good film, funny and exciting. And Goodnight? NICE!! biggrin.gif

Micmacs (2010) - Jean Pierre Jeunet - 9/10

Brilliant quirky French film in the same eccentric style as Amelie. Basically about a guy who gets shot and discovers the name of the arms company that made the bullet. Along with a band of homeless and off the wall comrades, he tries to bring down the company and unveil their evil plans. Fantastic film, dead funny and also has a strong anti-arms trade message.

It's available on Virgin Media Movies if anyone has Virgin.

Edited by YOGI IS GOD

Gladiator ( 2000 )

I couldn't believe how much I didn't care about most of this. So he wants to dissolve the senate ? Who gives a fuck. The only thing that mattered was Russell Crowe going back and killing the cunt that killed his family. That part of it was all good too and dominated it, so I can go thumbs slightly up.

6/10

Contagion (2001)

Missed the first ten minutes because me and my dad were discussing whether 'contagion' was actually a word (we came to the conclusion it was, it just didn't sound right at all) and thinking of the teams Christian Dailly played for. It was all right, I guess. Nothing special, and the plot wasn't brilliant, but it was decent enough.

6/10

The girl with the dragon tattoo, which I thought was a very good film 8.5/10

Just watched the sequel, The girl who played with fire, another good film, not quite as good as dragon tattoo though 7.5/10

Going to watch the third and final instalment tonight, review to follow

ohmy.gif I thought that was a brilliant film. The main actor was excellent, I had no idea she was Irish. I thought Peter Jackson did a fantastic job on the visual effects front.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree, I really can't see what was brilliant about it. You're right the visual effects are good, but that is really it. The wee girl narrating it has the most irritating voice, and what happens in the film is wishy washy nonsense imo. "Ooh she's made a flower grow from the afterlife, must be the neighbour then". "Ah she's transformed that girl into her so she can have that one true kiss with that impossibly English guy, how nice".

Nah, not for me I'm afraid.

I thought the Lovely Bones was pretty shite too TBH.

Ah, a man to my taste. Good lad.

Body of Lies - 8/10

Loved it. Di Caprio is terrific as the on-the-ground agent growing increasingly frustrated at interference from Russell Crowe back in America. Really suspenseful.

Mark Strong is also great in it, don't think i've seen him give a bad performance.

Gladiator ( 2000 )

I couldn't believe how much I didn't care about most of this. So he wants to dissolve the senate ? Who gives a fuck. The only thing that mattered was Russell Crowe going back and killing the cunt that killed his family. That part of it was all good too and dominated it, so I can go thumbs slightly up.

6/10

Thank you... it was so meh it was unbelievable! I find Russell Crowe to be a terrible actor, who can't show any emotion, he would fit in well on CSI Miami.

Don't get me wrong, he's been in some great films, but they sure as hell haven't been great because of him... more in spite of him!

Shrek the Third (2007)

Despite it's ridiculously low score on IMDb, I actually thought this one was the second best one (admittedly I've not seen the current one yet).

It was downright hilarious, especially for adults when they go into all out Disney mode in the escape from Charming's captivity.

9/10

Antonio Banderas' Puss in Boots is definitely in my top 3 favourite cartoon characters of all time list, along with Mumble and Simba!

V for vandetta 81%

I rather enjoyed this film. It had a 1984 feel towards with a totalitilarian government controlling the british public, brought down in a similar style to guy fawkes gunpowder plot by a man who was wronged by this oppressive almost nazi-like rule in the form of an alias V. Fairly enjoyable watch imo for anyone that enjoys such films like 1984, or equilibrium and such.

Don't get me wrong, he's been in some great films, but they sure as hell haven't been great because of him... more in spite of him!

He nailed the part of John Nash in 'A Beautiful Mind'.

Admittedly, he's been shite in everything else.