What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Expenadables

Thought it was quite poor to be honest. Story line was absolute shite but some of the action scenes were really good. Don't think i'd bother watching it again. Most certainly not "Best movie ever made" according to some tramp on my facebook.

5/10

Edited by Mik

Suspiria ( 1977 )

So this is supposed to be some sort of technically gifted movie. There's certainly lots of atmosphere and weirdness to it. That doesn't mean that it isn't shit though. I suppose I'm willing to give credit for the way it looks at times. The plot is absolutely terrible though and I just found myself thinking "oh f**k off !" at times. There was a couple of moments where there was nice wee twists, but the good points are outweighed by the bad.

3/10

It's one of those films the so called experts w**k over because it's a bit fucked up, but like you say and I said earlier in the thread it was a load of fucking shite!

The Expendables (2010)

Okay, if you went in to the cinema expecting a classic, you will be sorely disappointed... however I expected shit acting and death and mayhem a plenty.

Well that is what I got, quite funny, every bugger gets blown apart and the good guys kick arse! That's all I expected, and it was done well!

8/10

Cemetery Junction [2010]- (British Comedy) A 1970s-set comedy centered on three upstart professional men working at an insurance company.

Gervais best movie by a mile. Had me in stitches. Good comedy with the correct balance of drama. A solid 8/10

That is the most backhanded comment you could ever make about anything.

Gervais isn't funny in the slightest, and every other film he has made has been more painful than a box set of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

I watched this tonight as well, and everyone is right, it is a tremendous film, properly funny! :lol:

Yet at the same time, strangely moving. The scene involving the line "I'm sorry guys, I'm not sure what I'm doing." brought a remarkable pathos to the film.

I'd say in general Four Lions was far funnier in a laugh out loud sense than many of they reviews have portrayed it as being.

Yet at the same time, strangely moving. The scene involving the line "I'm sorry guys, I'm not sure what I'm doing." brought a remarkable pathos to the film.

I'd say in general Four Lions was far funnier in a laugh out loud sense than many of they reviews have portrayed it as being.

For me the most moving parts were right in the ending credits, with the stuff like:

his brother being questioned, all the news footage and CCTV shots, and descriptions.

I found all of that to be really quite strangely moving. And I'd also agree with you that it was funnier than the reviews said. I read reviews which said stuff like the subject matter (terrorism) is not funny. Presumably written by people who had never heard of Chris Morris. We were nearly in tears watching stuff like the training camps, the incident with the sheep, and the altered and edited tale of the Lion King. Hilarious and yet still poignant towards the end.

Dinocroc vs. Supergator (2010) (TV)

This had some of the worst acting, and worst CGI ever, but was saved by an annoying fat woman getting eaten... "where's the Elvis room?" (she had asked three times, and was getting on my nerves).... MUNCH! :lol:

David Carradine was in it, in fact he's in a film next year... how does this dead guy keep making films?!?!?

At one point a 20 foot gator jumped vertically out of the water and ate a guy... all very well, except he standing in water up to his knees...

5/10 - for comedy value alone!

That is the most backhanded comment you could ever make about anything.

Gervais isn't funny in the slightest, and every other film he has made has been more painful than a box set of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps.

I dont agree with you about Gervais not being funny.

I agree with you about his movies though, theyve been pretty poor.

His TV shows, podcasts and stand up have all been excellent in my opinion and Cemetery Junction, although different, certainly holds up with that work IMO.

Edited by MattBairn

Scott Pilgrim versus the World

Brilliant, everyone should see it.

Yup, cracker of a film imo. I must say though with everything going on in it, I thought that this would have been one of the films that would have been shown in 3D. Best film from Cera, although other than superbad hasnt really had much to compete with.

87%

Let's see so many films...

The Expendables 47%

Funny People 37%

Being John Malkovich 69%

The Man in the Iron Mask 62%

Fame (2009) 16%

Police Academy 80%

El Mariachi 75%

Caddyshack 81%

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Raiders of the Lost Ark ( 1981 )

I'm going to start by saying something which has been bothering me since I watched this. How can anyone who was a fan of these movies complain about the new one being OTT ? This is fucking ridiculous. Of course, I knew it would be so it didn't take away from the movie.

It's a fun fun couple of hours anyways. Love the relationship between Indy and Marion. I also loved the Belloq character. Wanted to see more of him !

8/10

Yesterday I flicked the little switch behind my ear to the off position before watching the A-Team and The Expendables.

The A-Team, funny action packed mindless film, just perfect for a big bowl of popcorn.7/10

The Expendables, well I was hoping for so much after reading good reviews on it but it failed, the acting was worse than expected the story was somewhat non existent, even the action scenes were just a little too reliant on people exploding. 4/10

La Linea - The Line

Set in Mexico starring Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia, Armand Assante and the stereotypical Mexican Badass, Danny Trejo

Gangs, Guns, Hitmen, Drugs, the full she-bang. Quite difficult to follow at times but none the less not a bad film.

Score 7/10

Review of film

Edited by ffcsam

Adventureland 62%

Enjoyable enough, it had it's moments.

Legion 57%

Cracking start and had such promsie, got progressively worse as it went on however. This film could have been epic had it taken the right direction, rather than turn it into a biblical shoot-em-up fest with a weak as hell ending.