What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hunger ( 2008 )

Not one for the fans of upbeat movies this one. It's a bleak, harrowing and depressing one, that's for sure. Does as good a job as the Shawshank did of making the prison seem like something from hell itself. When we do reach the hunger strikes, the whole episode just comes across as such a waste and given the way the movie went, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the way it was intended. It's a good movie, but not one I'm going to sit through again any time soon.

7/10

La Linea - The Line

Set in Mexico starring Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia, Armand Assante and the stereotypical Mexican Badass, Danny Trejo

Gangs, Guns, Hitmen, Drugs, the full she-bang. Quite difficult to follow at times but none the less not a bad film.

Score 7/10

Review of film

I'm going to bet one million pesos that Danny Trejo dies in that film...

Gran Torino

I'm probably one of the few people who hadn't seen this film, Judging by the way my friends went on about it anyway. It's directed by and Stars Clint Eastwood, Most definately one of the better films i've seen recently. I'd probably put it in the same vein as Falling Down. Basically Clint Eastwood is a pissed off Korean war vet and is living in a neighbourhood which has recently become inhabited by a large majority of the Asian community. His next door neighbour is a young Asian teen who is forced by a gang into stealing Clint's 1972 Gran Torino, He fails and as the story goes Clint basically sets about reforming the boys life. Really enjoyable film which is also contains some of the best movie quotes ever!

8/10

The Pursuit of Happiness. (2006)

I was told I was going to cry during this film, and I cried more at the end of DIY S.O.S which I watched before the movie (I have a cold, I feel horrible). It was a good film though, and it sent out a good message.

8/10

Adventureland 62%

Enjoyable enough, it had it's moments.

What would it have to do to get up to 63%, or alternatively to go down to 61%?

Just wondering.

The last film that I watched was Au Revoir Les Enfants. It was pretty good, 426/500.

Just wondering.

The last film that I watched was Au Revoir Les Enfants. It was pretty good, 426/500.

Had to read that book in French at school. Didn't understand a fucking word of it.

Just wondering.

Upwards, had kristen stewart's nipples been screened. And downwards, displaying the illusion that getting high is still cool and all kids should be doing it.

It varies with different films obviously.

Terminater:Salvation 67%

The Soloist 59%

Tron 53%

Paradise Lost ( 2006 )

The characters are likeable enough untill they get into that horror movie "we're dumb as fuck" mode. From there it can get annoying. There's nothing terribly bad or very good about this movie either. It's about as thumbs in the middle as you can possibly get.

5/10

This Is England ( 2006 )

I don't think I've seen a bad Shane Meadows movie to date. The acting in this at times is hilariously bad, but it does manage to get overshadowed by utterly terrific performances. Especially Stephen Graham as the absolute cunt of the piece. The plot is also good enough to overshadow it as well.

8/10

Paradise Lost ( 2006 )

The characters are likeable enough untill they get into that horror movie "we're dumb as fuck" mode. From there it can get annoying. There's nothing terribly bad or very good about this movie either. It's about as thumbs in the middle as you can possibly get.

5/10

I didnt really enjoy this film although i see where you are coming from with your analysis. The characters annoyed the hell out of me and i was slightly upset a few survived. Some nice moments of gore though.

The Pursuit of Happiness. (2006)

8/10

I feel that was quite generous. After thinking about it, and not just coming online and posting about it, I don't think it was deserving of an 8. I'm going to change it to a 6/10.

This Is England ( 2006 )

I don't think I've seen a bad Shane Meadows movie to date. The acting in this at times is hilariously bad, but it does manage to get overshadowed by utterly terrific performances. Especially Stephen Graham as the absolute cunt of the piece. The plot is also good enough to overshadow it as well.

8/10

8/10 is fair. I thought it was brilliant. The only thing I'm worried about is that the TV series may ruin the film, which would be disappointing.

Once Upon A Time In The Midlands (2000)

I didn't think it was that bad. There was a few humorous moments and then some more emotional and saddening ones. It felt like a soap opera that was shown with four episodes in succession. Not too bad though.

6/10

Speed Racer 67%

Crazy at times scenes with the added colour overdose. Nice wee film to switch off to, or watch on a ecstasy trip.

American Pie 77%

Classic, I havent seen this in ages and forgot how good some of the parts of it were.

48 Hours 68%

Decent watch, far and away one of the better eddie murphy films.

Le Donk and Scor-Zay-Zee ( 2009 )

This is a great wee movie. Love the final gig filmed at one of the Arctic Monkeys' big Manchester gigs a couple of years back. Even the fans seem to be genuinely amused by it. Paddy Considine's character is a bit of a cunt, and I like how Scor-Zay-Zee becomes more of the focal piece as it goes along. It's well made stuff.

8/10

Le Donk and Scor-Zay-Zee ( 2009 )

This is a great wee movie. Love the final gig filmed at one of the Arctic Monkeys' big Manchester gigs a couple of years back. Even the fans seem to be genuinely amused by it. Paddy Considine's character is a bit of a cunt, and I like how Scor-Zay-Zee becomes more of the focal piece as it goes along. It's well made stuff.

8/10

I didn't find the film particularly funny, but i really enjoyed it. It was just a nice film.

Le Donk's "Calm down" list was tremendous. Deirdre Barlow, Harold Shipman, Wurzel Gummidge etc. :lol:

All the more impressive that it was shot over just 5 days.