What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Dont watch it, it was one of the worst films i have seen in a long time, its just defies stupidity at times, liam neeson strolling through france beating people up and killing like there is no tommorow lost count of the people he had killed within the first hour.

He could teach james bond a thing or two im telling you...

The ending aswell is just god awful.

Not my kind of movie atall.

Waits for abuse, seems to be a popular fim on here :ph34r:

FAIL.

Dont watch it, it was one of the worst films i have seen in a long time, its just defies stupidity at times, liam neeson strolling through france beating people up and killing like there is no tommorow lost count of the people he had killed within the first hour.

He could teach james bond a thing or two im telling you...

The ending aswell is just god awful.

Not my kind of movie atall.

Waits for abuse, seems to be a popular fim on here :ph34r:

OMG I HAD TO TAKE THIS FILM SERIOUSLY!!

While im on the subject off awful films watched the clockwork orange for the very first time the other night, after all the hype and praise especially surrounding the book, (which i have never read), i was left thinking what in the f**k have i just watched??

Had no idea what to expect before watching the film, but the description in the tv mag sounded good enough so decided to watch it, big mistake left me pretty disturbed.

The gang with the main character in the film are fucked well and truly up in the head, dressing up like fucking charlie caplin,drinking milk out of a statue of a womans body in some fucked up bar ,speaking in all sorts of riddles going about fucking and raping and beating people up, while signing songs like singing in the rain.

Had no idea what the message in the film was either.

Anyone else feel this way about this film?

-10/10

Edited by tintax

I'm not sure that Taken is a great movie, but Liam Neeson's character is absolutely amazing and he puts in a super performance as well, and that means that I was so easily able to ignore the obvious shit going on. It's not exactly worth getting knickers in a twist about. Crank is the same. So much bad crap in there, but it's so much fun to watch that you have to ask, does it even matter?

Zombie Flesheaters 3 (1989)

Well it's bloody terrible, but so terrible that's it's kinda fun to watch!

The zombies are totally unpredictable, one minute shambling the next running and jumping... a few of them can work machine guns, we've got people that don't understand you don't read from the book of the dead, which as it happens is a regular book with "Book of the Dead" written on it in English...

Also one guy gets bitten at the start and doesn't turn at all, but others get bitten and turn almost straight away... make your mind up!

I've seen a hell of a lot worse when it comes to dodgy Italian zombie films, so can't give it that bad a mark...

Brilliant cheesy theme music...

4/10

Edited by SaltyTON

I'm not sure that Taken is a great movie, but Liam Neeson's character is absolutely amazing and he puts in a super performance as well, and that means that I was so easily able to ignore the obvious shit going on. It's not exactly worth getting knickers in a twist about. Crank is the same. So much bad crap in there, but it's so much fun to watch that you have to ask, does it even matter?

Pretty much agree with this.

killing like there is no tommorow

No, it was nothing like No Tomorrow which was a poor film starring Gary Busey and Pam Grier...

Taken is a great film, it'll never be a classic but it's great fun. Yeah, the fact the police don't really seem to give a f**k at him killing everybody... does it really matter, would be a terrible film if he was jailed for 17 years after the first guy he killed!

To paraphrase Malcolm Tucker, I have a 'to watch' list longer than a fucking Leonard Cohen song:

Local Hero

Dr Strangelove

Psycho

The Motorcycle Diaries

Lost In Translation

Trans-Siberian

Memento

Moon

The Big Lebowski

Fargo

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas

The Special Relationship

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva

I saw 'Taken' today in Fopp for £3, read the back of it, thought it sounded shit. Should I watch it?

All in my Top 10

Paranormal Activity - Seems to divide opinion, I thought it was quality. Goosebumply, edge of your seat scary. Best thing being its not a horror that slaps you in the face and tells you to be scared. The two actors were superb in their parts, and it being filmed by the hand held camera helped with the realism. The only drawback was the slightly "we dont know how to end this" finale. 8.5/10

Recorded the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, (the newest one), anyone recommend it or is it not worth my time watching it?

Do you mean the prequel (The Beginning), or the remake (with Jessica Biel)?

The remake is decent enough, the prequel is barely scraping average.

Bear in mind though that I don't especially like the Hooper version...

Do you mean the prequel (The Beginning), or the remake (with Jessica Biel)?

The remake is decent enough, the prequel is barely scraping average.

Bear in mind though that I don't especially like the Hooper version...

Aye its the one with Jessica Biel in it, look forward to watching it 8)

The Birds (1963)

A classic from Alfred Hitchcock, truly terrifying and a million times scarier than shite propaganda horror like Paranormal Activity or The Blair Witch Project!

Yes, it has 45 minutes of unnecessary crap at the start that no-one gives a shit about, so it won't be that high a mark, but after the Birds start attacking is a true masterpiece.

7/10

10/10 after the birds show up...

Damned By Dawn

This film had so much potential but it was fucked up in every possible way it could be. It was an original story, the banshee was made up well enough to be creepy and there was a few good moments that make you jump. Sadly, it gets completely ruined by awful, awful CGI and the storyline becomes complicated and in the end, finishes without making any sense at all. I would actually appreciate it if someone who has seen this film can actually tell me what the hell happens at the end.

3/10

The Special Relationship

I enjoyed this. It's not fast-moving, it's not exciting, but it is a good watch. Dennis Quaid is very good as Bill Clinton, and he outshines Michael Sheen who typically puts in yet another good performance. I have a interest in the rise of New Labour, so it was also good to see people like Johnathan Powell and Alastair Campbell getting a bit of screen-time.

Basically the film gives an account of the Clinton-Blair relationship from pre-1997 election up to Clinton leaving office. The Balkans crisis, the Lewinsky scandal, and the Northern Ireland peace process all get an airing as the main events during the 'special relationship'.

Ultimately, not a lot happens, although I expected that. It was produced for TV and that's the feel it has to it. It's a film that would not work on the big screen.

7.7/10

Edited by yoda