What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

300: Rise of an Empire

The acting is substandard, and all of the characters are uninteresting and unrelatable. It lacks the artistry and comic-book feel that made the first one a decent film. It also panders too much to the 3D; when you're watching in 2D, there's only so many slow-motion blood splatters you can stand. It's an entertaining enough film though and it doesn't drag on. Plus the main antagonist(Eva Green) gets the kit during a decent sex scene, displaying a lovely pair of jubblies.

6.5/10

I think Eva Green saved the film to be honest, and not just for that scene (oooft),

Battle scenes were great, the link between the two films worked nicely too, but the main guy was really poor.

I think Eva Green saved the film to be honest, and not just for that scene (oooft),

Battle scenes were great, the link between the two films worked nicely too, but the main guy was really poor.

I don't think Themistocles was any worse than King Leonidas, but the rest of the Greeks were boring as f**k. It definitely needed a couple of guys like Stelios or Captain Artemis.

She was a much better villain than Xerxes though. And yes, that scene was cracking.

It was shot exactly the same as the first one, which had those slow motion scenes as well.

Fair enough, I haven't seen the 1st one in years, the blood spatters are shite.

Still lacked the comic book feel that Sin City and 300 had though. Just felt like a run-of-the-mill action movie to me.

I don't think Themistocles was any worse than King Leonidas, but the rest of the Greeks were boring as f**k. It definitely needed a couple of guys like Stelios or Captain Artemis.

She was a much better villain than Xerxes though. And yes, that scene was cracking.

Thermotesticles or whatever his name is maybe isn't a bad character, but the actor that played him was terrible.I'm not sure what accent he was trying to pull off, but it amounted to nothing. He was far more wooden than Butler was and couldn't even deliver the rallying cry particularly effectively, which really shouldn't have been difficult. I think he completely lacked charisma, unlike Green and also unlike Butler in 300.

Thermotesticles or whatever his name is maybe isn't a bad character, but the actor that played him was terrible.I'm not sure what accent he was trying to pull off, but it amounted to nothing. He was far more wooden than Butler was and couldn't even deliver the rallying cry particularly effectively, which really shouldn't have been difficult. I think he completely lacked charisma, unlike Green and also unlike Butler in 300.

If its the guy I'm thinking about, he's in Strike Back and spends most of the time shagging about :lol: , he seemed a shite actor in Strike Back, so its no surprise that he's done a shite job in this film

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Wonderfully whimsical, with lots of dark humour. It's a story within a story within a story and Wes Anderson has done a great job in creating this surreal whodunit. Great performances from lots of well known actors but none more than Ralph Fiennes who is terrific in his role as concierge, Gustave H.

9/10

The Deer Hunter - Must be thirty years since I last watched this, and you forget exactly what a powerful and moving picture it really is. De Niro anchors the whole thing, but Meryl Streep is outstanding, John Savage portrays his part brilliantly, and Walken's character gives us a real feel of what can happen to someone in extremis. That final Russian Roulette game is still a shocker - even when you know what's coming you're praying for it to end differently. Just a brilliant movie.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Wonderfully whimsical, with lots of dark humour. It's a story within a story within a story and Wes Anderson has done a great job in creating this surreal whodunit. Great performances from lots of well known actors but none more than Ralph Fiennes who is terrific in his role as concierge, Gustave H.

9/10

Just saw it and I can't be arsed thinking up my own post so I'm just going to agree with yours.

9/10

This Is The End - 2/10.

The 2 points are for Michael Cera's role alone. What an unbelievable pile of shite. I turned it off just after an hour. Just utterly horrible. So much comedic talent available that wasn't used well at all.

The internship,

Typical Vaughn Wilson venture. But i found it funny all the same. The guy pulling his eyebrow out had me laughing for that and his lapdance scene ha.

Best quote "got to say the reboot time is really impressive"

Not amazing but not rubbish.

6.5/10

Fast and furious 6. All I heard about it was how it was much better than all the other ones and how it was actually a good film. It was on the tele so I decided to watch it. It was what you expect from a film about racing with vin diesel in it: horrible.

Vin's only lines seemed to be grumbling at some woman and just snarling in general.

Paul walker was worse. I don't think much needs to be said about him tbh.

The movie it's self was ridiculous, vin diesel flew through a fucking car windshield to catch a woman then landed on another car and was unharmed. What the f**k?

Diabolical film. 2/10

This Is The End - 2/10.

The 2 points are for Michael Cera's role alone. What an unbelievable pile of shite. I turned it off just after an hour. Just utterly horrible. So much comedic talent available that wasn't used well at all.

Agree with this. It's horrendous. James Franco doesn't half put his name to some absolute shite.

It was shot exactly the same as the first one, which had those slow motion scenes as well.

Slow motion beat downs and shagging to heavy guitar riffs? Spartacus was pretty big on using that as well.

Starred Up

Managed by chance to get into an advanced screening from this. A British prison drama by film4, about a kid who moves from juvenile to a main prison where his dad is serving a life sentence. Very slow at the start but not a bad film overall, some pretty funny one-liners at points.

7/10

Edited by the jambo-rocker

We took the wee man to see Need For Speed at the weekend as part of his birthday, and as were both (me and the wee man) car nuts, thoroughly enjoyed it,

It had what the Fast and Furious collection didn't, a front man who could actually act as i thought Aaron Paul was fantastic in it,

Not the best or most original story but the cars, action and Aaron Paul made up for it, definitely getting bought on blu-ray when it comes out!!

8.5/10

Edited by 1888bhoy67