What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Big Ass Spider! - giant arachnid escapes from the military and terrorises Los Angeles.

This was much more enjoyable than expected. It's your typical SyFy channel cheapo shark movie type of thing, but it's pretty amusing and you'll have a lot of fun playing spot-the-actor. Greg Grunberg (of LA Noire fame) and Lombardo Boyar make for a nicely agreeable buddy cop team, and the whole thing is a nice example of how this kind of thing can be done well. Pisses all over Eight Legged Freaks, for what that's worth :unsure:

Still not as amusing as The Giant Spider Invasion, however :thumsup2

Goodbye Lenin! 8/10
Yeah good. Warm, funny, nice idea. Lovely stuff.

The Purple Rose of Cairo 7/10
Yeah good. Warm, funny...ok I'll stop now. Yeah nice nostalgia film from Woody. Thought Jeff Daniels was terrific in this. Don't know if the director of The Artist had one eye on this when he made that film although it's all based on a love of film, cinema going, romance, misty eyed nostalgia blah blah.

The Skin I Live In 9/10
Thought this was brilliant. Stylish, provocative, gripping, intriguing. Great performances and great idea. Totally convincing despite being preposterous really.

Network 2/10
Kinell! Can't believe this is considered a classic (I think?), terrible stuff, one dimensional characters, ridiculously simplistic storyline, maybe it made sense in 1976 but not any more, proper clunky shit.

22 Jump Street

It's odd that a comedy sequel is much funnier than the original movie. I really enjoyed it especially the part in the end credits.

8.5/10.

The Hangover 3-

It shows whats wrong with Hollywood. Why didn't Hollywood leave the first movie on its own as it has to be one of the funniest movies I've seen. Anyway the only good thing about this movie is that it's better than the second Hangover.

3/10.

Edited by Richie95

Has anyone else seen The Guest? I really, really liked it but haven't seen anyone else post about it. Solid 8/10 for me. Maybe 9.

The Guest is superb. Very entertaining and had elements of almost everything - a comedy action thriller horror movie.

Took a wee jaunt to the GFT last night and saw a film called Before I Go To Sleep with Nicole Kidman and Colin Firth. I'd never heard of it previously. Meant to be a true story but I found it all a bit implausible. Gripping though, and well acted, directed - as you'd expect. Worth seeing.