What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Whiplash

Poor Birdman - it was supposed to be the film I couldn't imagine getting toppled, and it lasted a mere three days at the summit :lol:

That someone managed to make a film about jazz drumming and make it so fucking tense and interesting deserves an awful lot of plaudits! Main actor was great but J K Simmons steals the show as chief c**t. Fantastic performance.

Absolutely loved it.

Brilliant :D

I love the award season. This year has been extra special so far - up there with the 2013 Oscar season movies.

American Sniper

Thought this was excellent, enjoyed it more than any film I've seen so far this year beating both Foxcatcher and Birdman.

8.5/10

Just watched this at the cinema since the fitba was cancelled. I too thought it was excellent. Cooper was fantastic in his role and I was also impressed with Sienna Miller's performance.

I'd give it a 9/10.

Dumb And Dumber Too - 6/10

Wasnt as bad as i expected to be honest. A couple of good laughs but the constant stupidity does go a little bit too far. Seems strange seeing Jeff Daniels play an idiot as me and the mrs have just piled through all the episodes of The Newsroom and he plays the complete polar opposite

Big Hero 6

Phenomenal stuff from Disney yet again. This is a company whose animation studio is definitely in the midst of another golden age for me. By my reckoning, they've knocked up out thecpark in their last 4 feature movies. Tangled, Wreck it Ralph, Frozen and now this. They could have been left behind by their Pixar colleagues, but instead they are rising up and meeting, even surpassing them.

Brilliant stuff and don't let the fact that it's tied to a relatively new Marvel franchise fool you. This is all Disney. Baymax is an absolute show stealer, an instant classic. Brilliant belly laughs, genuinely touching in parts and fast paced action.

I loved this and will watch it time and again.

9/10.

Exodus- Gods and Kings 7/10

I only saw this in 2D, I imagine it would have been even more stunning in 3D. This is epic on an EPIC scale, the representation of Memphis is absolutely amazing.

No real surprises in the story, and Christian Bale is solid as usual.

A few gripes, one is the use of white actors to play Egyptians. Some can get away with this. Ben Kingsley does, as usual. Ben Mendelsohn looks like a blacked up extra from It Ain't Half Hot Mum. The boy who represents God, and Moses son are all frightfully English...

Having said that I enjoyed it but felt the ending was too rushed. I've heard that the original cut was around 4 hours and this would possibly explain how in the last minutes Moses goes up a mountain to receive the ten commandments, yet without explanation is an old man in the final scene.

"Looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your momma's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress!" :lol:

Amazing film. One of my all time favourites.

Best scene in a film ever!

HARTMAN: What's your excuse?

COWBOY: Sir, excuse for what, sir?

HARTMAN: I'm asking the fucking questions here, Private. Do you understand?!

COWBOY: Sir, yes, sir!

HARTMAN: Well thank you very much! Can I be in charge for a while?

COWBOY: Sir, yes, sir!

HARTMAN: Are you shook up? Are you nervous?

COWBOY: Sir, I am, sir!

HARTMAN: Do I make you nervous?

COWBOY: Sir!

HARTMAN: Sir, what? Were you about to call me an asshole?!

COWBOY: Sir, no, sir!

HARTMAN: How tall are you, Private?

COWBOY: Sir, five foot nine, sir!

HARTMAN: Five foot nine? I didn't know they stacked shit that high! You trying to squeeze an inch in on me somewhere, huh?

COWBOY: Sir, no, sir.

HARTMAN: Bullshit! It looks to me like the best part of you ran down the crack of your mama's ass and ended up as a brown stain on the mattress! I think you've been cheated!

HARTMAN: Where in hell are you from anyway, Private?

COWBOY: Sir, Texas, sir!

HARTMAN: Holy dogshit! Texas! Only steers and queers come from Texas, Private Cowboy! And you don't look much like a steer to me, so that kinda narrows it down! Do you suck dicks!

HARTMAN: Are you a peter-puffer?

HARTMAN: I'll bet you're the kind of guy that would f**k a person in the ass and not even have the goddam common courtesy to give him a reach-around! I'll be watching you!

Edited by Twinkle

Managed in past two weeks to polish off three of the best picture nominations.

Birdman - 8.5/10 - A pretty special film and one that I loved more the more I mulled it over the following days. One of a kind.

Whiplash - 7/10 - Well acted and enjoyable but wouldn't call it a classic. J K Simmons is far and away the best thing about it. Dat last ten minutes though. Ooft.

Boyhood - 7/10 - Very soulful piece of work. Towards the end found some of the dialogue a bit irritating but the project was very well put together. Everyone talks about the kids ageing but the transition with the adults is really immense also.

Only other of the best film noms I've seen is Grand Budapest, but Birdman for me deserves it for me.

Edited by mrcat1990