What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Chappie

Really unlikeable movie with not many redeeming factors. There was about two characters in the movie that weren't total dicks, and the robot wasn't involving enough to save things. Infact, it was pretty annoying the whole way through. Add a some shockingly bad dialogue and you have a really really bad movie.

1/10

Midnight Cowboy- 7/10. A couple of those points are purely for Dustin Hoffman though. For some reason I've only seen a couple of his films but I'll have to work my way through some more, he's brilliant.

Tootsie was a brilliant film.he was also excellent in the film Sleepers.

Just the 30 left to watch

I'm jealous at some of those that you're going to see for the first time!

Make sure you see the original Korean Oldboy and not the remake!

Cropsey: a move documentary about the urban legends of psychos living in mental hospitals and kidnapping children. This documentary is about a myth that turned out to be true.

Easily a 7/10.

Cropsey: a move documentary about the urban legends of psychos living in mental hospitals and kidnapping children. This documentary is about a myth that turned out to be true.

Easily a 7/10.

Aye, I remember seeing that a while back. Didn't think it was very well put together, and the folk making it tried to impose themselves into the story a bit too much for my liking.

Another example of the worrying American trend to shut down badly-run asylums and leave the inmates to their own devices. It seems this was done quite often because $$$. Certainly a subject that could use a more thorough examination.

Paradise lost 1,2 & 3

More a Documentary than a film but it's a film all the same.

It's the story of three teenagers from West Memphis whom have been arrested and charged with the murder of three local 8yr old kids.

This is some fked up stuff and i walked away thinking this was fake, truly baffling stuff. Either they are some very bad actors or just mental, who knows.

https://youtu.be/c2pvl4-g_6A

West of Memphis (8/10) is a brilliant recent full-on documentary about the case. Disturbing on many levels.

Edited by banana

Caught Alan Partdridge: Alpha Papa the other night on the iPlayer.

Not laugh out funny but I liked the overall tone of the film.

Draws a thin line between parody and arrogance but I think it landed butter side up.

7/10.

At times seemed more Saxondale than Partridge. No bad thing, imo.

Paradise lost 1,2 & 3

More a Documentary than a film but it's a film all the same.

It's the story of three teenagers from West Memphis whom have been arrested and charged with the murder of three local 8yr old kids.

This is some fked up stuff and i walked away thinking this was fake, truly baffling stuff. Either they are some very bad actors or just mental, who knows.

https://youtu.be/c2pvl4-g_6A

All true, sunshine. Don't go listening to Metallica in Arkansas, for God's sake.

There are still plenty of folk who think they're guilty too, despite the evidence against them consisting of their musical preferences and an inaccuracy-strewn confession taken from a retarded laddie in an undocumented 12-hour interview session. And that's despite the police, on tape, putting the story together for him.

I get the story, it's just the people directly involved in the story i find hard to comprehend.

As i said either really bad actors or realy fking dumb.

The police and judiciary come across as tremendously stupid to start with but, as time goes on, it's dreadfully obvious that it's much, much worse than that. The conviction was made to avoid being seen as incompetent and/or to avoid doing any real work, and everybody's stuck rigidly to their faith in the conviction to avoid having to face the fact that they're awful excuses for human beings, and they've failed everybody as badly as it's possible to do, in as serious a case as law enforcement can expect to deal with. Disgusting from beginning to end.

West of Memphis is a bit of a pointless watch if you've already seem the Paradise Losts, btw. Very much treads the same ground, but with less detail.

Something about West of memphis just didn't sit right with me and I soon realised what it is was when I found out who made the documentary!

Amy Berg? Why, what's she done?

Haven't watched that for about 20 years. Loved it at the time - did it stand the test of time?

I watched it for the first time a few months ago. It was pretty corny but I enjoyed it all the same. I'd love to drive around in one of those trucks.

Inspiration for Judge Dredd Cursed Earth ;)

Pretty dated but still liked it.

Jug Head - flick about a lassie from a white trash backwoods community in the States trying to avoid being sacrificed to a creature that protects them from disease. No real surprises at any point, and you're left wondering what the point of the whole thing was by the end. Sean Young's in it, which was something of a surprise; haven't seen her in decades.

The Den - lassie writing a thesis on random video chat sites gets herself into more than she bargained for. I'd already seen this, but didn't remember it well. Decent found-footage film that's primarily seen through the protagonist's webcam, but it works better than advertised, so long as you're willing to accept the all-powerful, all-knowing villain trope.

Edit:

forgot to say that the latter film was made more enjoyable by imagining that the villains were P&B posters. I kept hearing Reynard screaming, "BUCKLED LEFTIES!!!" whenever someone was popped.

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave