What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Just the 30 left to watch

As I said in January, I'm very jealous of some of the first watches you're about to have. That 30 contains some of my favourite films ever, including two of my top 3. Lap them up!

Pitch Perfect 2 - 7/10

Nothing groundbreaking, but great for what it is. Just as good as the original IMO. Aca-amazing.

Seeing Mad Max on Wednesday, I guess that'll be a dramatic change in tone. Properly buzzing 8)

Comparing Bridesmaids to Pitch Perfect?

Get out of the movie thread, RandomGuy. Do not return until you have written a 1000 word apology. Or something.

I think Pitch Perfect will end up being a bit of a cult movie, probably the 10s answer to Mean Girls.

I'm not a huge comedy fan - certainly not the slapstick stuff we're subjected to by the likes of Kevin James - but I think Pitch Perfect is quite a few steps up from that. Funny, easy to watch, Anna Kendrick... what's not to like?

Chef 7/10

Trailing through netflix and came across it. Remember seeing a trailer a while ago but we didn't bother going to see it.

Actually quite enjoyed it. It's a bit obvious tho that John Favreau is the writer and director when you see his ex wife is Sofia Vergara and his new squeeze is Scarlett Johansson. Both :wub:

Cameos from Robert Downey Jr and Dustin Hoffman aswell.

Edited by PrestersKTID

At times, yes. It may be harsh and I know humour's subjective but I really just can't understand anyone finding some of them remotely funny

One of the worst posts ever on P&B right here. "If I don't find it funny, it's not funny" is far more embarrassing than what you'd said.

Reading on IMDB and the comments section of It Follows seems to be largely in agreement that The Babadook is similar but a lot better. Now I've never seen The Babadook but wasn't massively impressed with the trailers. Should I watch it? It Follows was one of the best horrors I've seen in years! Forget the relation with It Follows: is it any good in general?

FWIW I thought The Babadook was brilliant, It Follows very average.

Midnight Cowboy- 7/10. A couple of those points are purely for Dustin Hoffman though. For some reason I've only seen a couple of his films but I'll have to work my way through some more, he's brilliant.

Caught the back end of Outbreak the other night, and that's well overdue another viewing.

Probably considered one of his more lowbrow films, but an absolute corker :P

Midnight Cowboy- 7/10. A couple of those points are purely for Dustin Hoffman though. For some reason I've only seen a couple of his films but I'll have to work my way through some more, he's brilliant.

I'd recommend Marathon Man, Straight Time and Little Big Man, among others. Hoffman is a superb actor.

Downtown '81

A bit of a strange one this, made in 1981 but not actually released until 2000, this is a day in the life of the artist Jean Michel Basquiat. No real plot as such, he just wanders around the arty farty scene in New York checking out graffiti artists, rappers and punk bands. Very low budget and some of the acting is pretty poor though it's kinda hip and I enjoyed it. I wouldn't particularly recommend it though as it's probably too avant garde and out there for most people.

6/10

Caught the back end of Outbreak the other night, and that's well overdue another viewing.

Probably considered one of his more lowbrow films, but an absolute corker :P

I love outbreak.

Lake view Terrace

A mixed race couple move next door to a racist LAPD officer played by Samuel L Jackson.

Jackson is superb in this and portrays his character perfectly as his sanity depletes rapidly.

A must see.

8/10

Chappie

Really unlikeable movie with not many redeeming factors. There was about two characters in the movie that weren't total dicks, and the robot wasn't involving enough to save things. Infact, it was pretty annoying the whole way through. Add a some shockingly bad dialogue and you have a really really bad movie.

1/10

Tootsie was a brilliant film.he was also excellent in the film Sleepers.

Just the 30 left to watch

I'm jealous at some of those that you're going to see for the first time!

Make sure you see the original Korean Oldboy and not the remake!

Cropsey: a move documentary about the urban legends of psychos living in mental hospitals and kidnapping children. This documentary is about a myth that turned out to be true.

Easily a 7/10.

Cropsey: a move documentary about the urban legends of psychos living in mental hospitals and kidnapping children. This documentary is about a myth that turned out to be true.

Easily a 7/10.

Aye, I remember seeing that a while back. Didn't think it was very well put together, and the folk making it tried to impose themselves into the story a bit too much for my liking.

Another example of the worrying American trend to shut down badly-run asylums and leave the inmates to their own devices. It seems this was done quite often because $$$. Certainly a subject that could use a more thorough examination.