What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I take it the 5 was for Eva mendes and Eva mendes only? I thought it was an awful film.

That and the rape whistle being blown after the guy commits suicide. I found that funny somehow.

I think the actors and director didn't know how they wanted to treat the movie, tried to make it a serious action movie when it might've worked better as a comedy I think.

That and the rape whistle being blown after the guy commits suicide. I found that funny somehow.

I think the actors and director didn't know how they wanted to treat the movie, tried to make it a serious action movie when it might've worked better as a comedy I think.

It's all down hill after the jump of the building IMO.

Jaws

My son is doing a GCSE in Moving Image and part of it is bringing people together with film so as a project he's got everyone in the family to name their favourite movie and then we all watch it together and he notes the feedback for his coursework, my turn first so it was this classic, still as good as the first time I saw it ( thought the rubber shark was awful then too :P ), so many good performances and characters, the iconic Quint character so brilliantly played by Robert Shaw must be one of the best in film ever. Thankfully the kids(15 and 11) liked it well enough ,loved the music. 10/10

Next on the list is the missus choice ..Breakfast at Tiffanys, not sure what a 15 year old boy will make of it but we'll see.

There must be a few of us hoping that our kids never do this :shutup

Let's all agree that Jaws is our favourite film, just in case. Put the scud movies away, boys.

Aye. I seen it a few years ago and thought it was decent. I like most things he's in though, so I might be a bit biased

Cheers mate. I'm the same the man is brilliant so was very surprised I hadn't even heard of it. Got it recorded so will watch it later.

A little off topic but has anyone seen john q? I was shocked to discover a denzel film that I had never even heard off!

We watched it in school to learn about social inequalities in the US!

It's one of the most ridiculous films I've ever seen.

Of Gods and Kings

Decent enough biblical epic. Missing something though?

6/10

American Sniper

Excellent film, big fan of Eastwood as a director and Cooper was excellent as Kyle.

If anyone else liked it I would recommend generation kill.

Wanted to watch a couple of turn off the brain comedies for a Friday night so got Sex Tape and Hooligan Factory (had never even heard of this) off the Sky planner.

Both are utterly dreadful.

Edited by stumigoo

We watched it in school to learn about social inequalities in the US!

It's one of the most ridiculous films I've ever seen.

Watched it last night and thought it was ok. I can empathise with denzels character and the lengths a man will go to to protect his children as I wouldn't think twice if it was my son or daughter.

San Andreas

Decent disaster movie with The Rock in it. Ending wasn't great, but overall thought it was a cracking film.

8/10

Going to watch this tomorrow with the wife. Major bonus in Alexandra Daddario..... Ooft.

Jaws

My son is doing a GCSE in Moving Image and part of it is bringing people together with film so as a project he's got everyone in the family to name their favourite movie and then we all watch it together and he notes the feedback for his coursework, my turn first so it was this classic, still as good as the first time I saw it ( thought the rubber shark was awful then too :P ), so many good performances and characters, the iconic Quint character so brilliantly played by Robert Shaw must be one of the best in film ever. Thankfully the kids(15 and 11) liked it well enough ,loved the music. 10/10

Next on the list is the missus choice ..Breakfast at Tiffanys, not sure what a 15 year old boy will make of it but we'll see.

One of the TV channels is doing an "Anniversary" weekend and, Jaws is 40 so it was on last night. I love the film, and, allegedly Robert Shaw's USS Indianapolis speech was his own script