What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

This Year's Love

It was on BBC1 last night and I caught in from about 15mins in. Interesting wee film about a microcosm in Camden where a group of people share their partners/ex-partners (sometimes unknowingly) with each other over the course of a few years. I dislike the fact that the mentalist nerd shares my first name though! I think it's touted as a comedy but it's pretty depressive in places. Kathy Burke is fantastic in it as a backing singer to David Gray - who was virtually unknown at the time and plays a pub singer. Because of this, it also features a lot of songs from "White Ladder" on the songtrack (including the title track). Despite it being set in London it does feature a lot of Scottish faces and Catherine McCormack continues using the Scottish accent she used in Braveheart.

I thought it was really good. I hadn't seen it before, and was quite amused by it :)

Once upon a time in Mexico on channel 5 last night.

Second team I've seen it, Depp as usual is superb and looks particularly hot in it. Amusing stuff, with lots of stylised gun battles....

7/10

I saw that at the cinema, it was utter nonsense but quite entertaining from what I remember.

But at the time, I couldn't work out - why on earth did Willem Dafoe's character need to get a face transplant? :blink::lol:

Airplane 2 on Channel 5 last night <_<

Most of the gags are recycled from the first one but it's still one of the funniest films ever. The camp guy seems to get more lines in the second one, his stuff is killer. 9/10 :)

I saw that at the cinema, it was utter nonsense but quite entertaining from what I remember.

But at the time, I couldn't work out - why on earth did Willem Dafoe's character need to get a face transplant? :blink::lol:

Absolute balderdash so it was but sometimes that can be quite fun - you could tell Johnny Depp was having a ball making it.

Wasn't he faking his own death on the operating table so he could run off with all that money? :unsure:

Absolute balderdash so it was but sometimes that can be quite fun - you could tell Johnny Depp was having a ball making it.

Wasn't he faking his own death on the operating table so he could run off with all that money? :unsure:

That's probably right, I think I had lost track of it and was just enjoying the shooting by that time. :D

Or maybe they ran out of budget and couldn't pay Dafoe any more, so they had to concoct that plot and get some other guy to play him all bandaged up :P

Airplane 2 on Channel 5 last night <_<

Most of the gags are recycled from the first one but it's still one of the funniest films ever. The camp guy seems to get more lines in the second one, his stuff is killer. 9/10 :)

"Jacobs! What have you got on Elaine Dickinson?"

"Well I'm 2 inches taller, a better dancer, and much more fun to be with!"

Monster House

9/10

a superlative animated film. The animation, or more acurately, the production in this film is amazing...Long tracking shots, seemingly shaky camera work...it really looks natural despite the stylised look of the characters themselves.

The story is fine and there are some reasonably frightening moments in it, especially for kids... A lot of children were crying in the pictures when I went to see it. There's a bit with a shadow hand that still gives me the chills. It's a dark film, but not self conciously so.

The best bit about this film is the natural dialogue between the characters, almost reminiscent of the Goonies or ET. In fact, the whole film has got a classic '80's movie feel (no surprise from a Spielberg/ Zemeckis production). It's hilarious in some places.

The only fault (whichis why it gets a 9) is the finale, the all action 10 minute spell at the end when it all kicks off which is pretty boring after being well entertained by the interaction of the characters for the rest of the film.

Edited by halfaperson

Snakes on a Plane-6/10. Reasonable,Samuel L Jackson was decent but it ended quite abruptly when the plane eventually landed.Some of the snake attacks were a bit far-fetched too.

Watched a film on BBC 1 last night after MOTD,some horror film which i forget the name of but it was pretty decent.Some lassie went a bit off the rails after her friend committed suicide and it turned out she had some disorder that enabled her to move things with her mind and she caused a huge amount of death at a party after being humiliated by other folk at her school following the event.

Watched a film on BBC 1 last night after MOTD,some horror film which i forget the name of but it was pretty decent.Some lassie went a bit off the rails after her friend committed suicide and it turned out she had some disorder that enabled her to move things with her mind and she caused a huge amount of death at a party after being humiliated by other folk at her school following the event.

Carrie ? :unsure: