What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest Hampden Ton

Watched 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' last night, as I hadn't seen it for a while. 10/10

The original and best Indy movie, which still hasn't dated. If you have never seen this movie, where have you been for the last 25 years?!? Its a cracker from start to finish, written by Lucas (don't worry folks, this is back when he wrote good films and hadn't come up with the abomination that is Jar-Jar!) and directed by Spielberg (long before he turned 'War of the Worlds' into 'The Tom Cruise Road Movie'). The other 2 films in the trilogy are definitely worth a look ('Temple of Doom' is the weakest, but 'Last Crusade' gives Raiders a good run for its money!), so don't miss out!

I'll add that while another Indy movie is long overdue, they may have left it a bit too late now! How old is Harrison Ford now?

I too seen A Scanner Darkly on Wednesday.

What a load of rubbish. Hardly any plot, characters you don't care about and pretty much a graphics program looking for a film to work around.

So far up it's own arse it's unbelievable. It suffers from The Lynch Effect, in which lots of people will say they like it just to sound cool or different, when in reality it is absolutely tripe.

And WTF was the list of folk who had died at the end all about? A list of folk who have chosen to kill themself by getting involved in hard drugs? GTF. Am I supposed to have sympathy for them or something?

0/10.

I too seen A Scanner Darkly on Wednesday.

What a load of rubbish. Hardly any plot, characters you don't care about and pretty much a graphics program looking for a film to work around.

So far up it's own arse it's unbelievable. It suffers from The Lynch Effect, in which lots of people will say they like it just to sound cool or different, when in reality it is absolutely tripe.

And WTF was the list of folk who had died at the end all about? A list of folk who have chosen to kill themself by getting involved in hard drugs? GTF. Am I supposed to have sympathy for them or something?

0/10.

The list of people at the end were from the book that Philip K Dick wrote, it's his friends that have died.

I assume the point of the list was to indicate to people that drugs f**k you up, which was largely the point of the film as well.

Edited by Colin M

Watched 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' last night, as I hadn't seen it for a while. 10/10

The original and best Indy movie, which still hasn't dated. If you have never seen this movie, where have you been for the last 25 years?!? Its a cracker from start to finish, written by Lucas (don't worry folks, this is back when he wrote good films and hadn't come up with the abomination that is Jar-Jar!) and directed by Spielberg (long before he turned 'War of the Worlds' into 'The Tom Cruise Road Movie'). The other 2 films in the trilogy are definitely worth a look ('Temple of Doom' is the weakest, but 'Last Crusade' gives Raiders a good run for its money!), so don't miss out!

I was reading a big article about Raiders the other day in Empire magazine. I'm definitely planning to watch it again. I last saw it about 15 years ago.

I always laugh at the scene with the Arab swordsman.

Guest Alex James' Baggy Shorts

Watched 'Flightplan' via SKy Box Office last night.

Jodi Fosters kid goes missing on a flight.

Good idea for a film but poorly executed, and very lame ending 3/10

I saw "East is East" last night for the first time on Film Four and thought it was excellent, 8/10....I think it's brilliant that Film Four is now free, some quality films on there.

mostly I only get to see animated films with my daughter at the pictures, the last film I saw which had 1) real people and 2) wasn't a U was "Revenge of the Sith".

I went to see both Volver and A Scanner Darkly over Sunday and Monday there.

Volver was lovely. I'm not a huge Penelope Cruz fan but she was fantastic in this film. The premise was both heartwarming and heartbreaking and well worth a watch. 9/10.

A Scanner Darkly... Robert Downey Jr stole the show as the hyperactive Barras. I thought the scene spent discussing the bike was tremendous. I did get a little bored by the end though. 7/10

Not quite as good as the first one, eh?

Still, worth watching for certain scenes if you are a fan of films like that.

I really hate needles. :angry:

that was a horrible scene! I thought it was better than the first one. the third one has already been filmed! :o

Guest Hampden Ton

that was a horrible scene! I thought it was better than the first one. the third one has already been filmed! :o

As much as I enjoyed the second, the first is still the best. Both have good twist endings, but the end of the first one can't be topped! Maybe it was the whole 'Big Brother' feel of the second that makes me a little biased...

That needle scene freaked me out too! As did the guy cutting the skin off of his neck!

Saw 3 is out in America on October 27th, so the UK will either be the same or slightly later.