What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I've loved Ryan Reynolds since I watched Buried. Whether you loved the ending or hated it, that he carried that movie single handedly for the entire duration showed exactly what he's capable of.

The Voices does look excellent as well.

American Sniper - 6/10. Really didnt enjoy this at all, never felt gripped from the start and after a while I was choking for it to end. Some decent bits of tension throughout but failed to hit anywhere near close to the mark with me.

Oh, I genuinely have no idea what to say about Predestination, other than I enjoyed it, and found the relationship between Snook and Hawke throughout to be fairly involving stuff.

I went to see what I gave it, and said 7/10. Think it MIGHT deserve one higher in hindsight.

Focus 7/10

I like these conmen type flicks and this was enjoyable enough stuff. I mightve gave it an extra point due to Margot Robbie. She is disgustingly beautiful and stole every scene she was in

Stretch

Patrick Wilson plays a stretch limo driver. He hates his job. After driving the Hoff and Ray Liotta ( as themselves ) about for a bit, he takes a job from an eccentric billionaire, played by a fucking glorious Chris Pine. I think the movie falls apart a bit in the final act, but this is utterly ludicrous and brilliant at the same time for the most part, and the finale doesn't drag it down enough not to make this well worth seeing.

8/10

Watched that over the weekend on Netflix too. Surprised just how boring it was as I remember enjoying it first time round.

Woody-Harrelson.gif

Love this gif though!

Also watched 50/50 but enjoyed it yet again. My lady partner was greeting during that particular car scene.

Edited by JogaBonito

The Water Diviner 9/10.

Russell Crowe directs and stars as a father who goes on a search for his three sons who never came home to Australia after fighting in the war in Galipoli. Excellent stuff throughout and has some real poignant moments. Thoroughly enjoyed it

Stretch

Patrick Wilson plays a stretch limo driver. He hates his job. After driving the Hoff and Ray Liotta ( as themselves ) about for a bit, he takes a job from an eccentric billionaire, played by a fucking glorious Chris Pine. I think the movie falls apart a bit in the final act, but this is utterly ludicrous and brilliant at the same time for the most part, and the finale doesn't drag it down enough not to make this well worth seeing.

8/10

Just watched this. Chris Pine is brilliant again. After Horrible Bosses 2 and Stretch, he really is doing a top notch job with his comedy roles. A lot of cameos in this which i enjoyed as well. Id maybe score it a point lower but it was definitely worth a watch

jimbaxters, on 26 Mar 2015 - 14:37, said:

Went to see Selma at the pictures the other night. It was totally rivetting except for the bit when it all went silent and this old boy hawked a massive groggy from the depths of his gut. The kiosk didn't have Lockets presumably.

Nah, they just didn't sell Lockets to black people. Racist fucks.

The Tale of Princess Kaguya 7/10

Classic tale of girl is born from bamboo, girl falls in love, dad moves her to city to become noblewoman and marry largesse, girl gets depressed, girl mocks society, girl births feminism, girl goes home to lost love for one last erotic moment before girl gets carried off by her people who lived in a kingdom on the moon.

Really good Ghibli, looks different now Miyazaki has retired, not as easy on the eye but really much the same in terms of pace, weirdness, themes.

Lucy - well, wasn't expecting that at all. What a ridiculous load of old keich :lol:

Taking Lives - old Angelina Jolie flick about a serial killer who takes the identity of his victims. Dreadfully predictable, despite the obvious red herring stunt casting, and doesn't go anywhere satisfying. Also, Ms Jolie was about as convincing as an FBI agent as Robin Williams was as a Scottish (or was it English?) housekeeper. Killed an hour and a half, but nothing more than that; very much like the film above.

Notorious B.I.G

I thought it was good, at times I thought the story seemed a bit far fetched but after googling it it's all a true story, some quality wummin in it too.

Away to watch fight club (somehow not watched this yet) and interstellar tonight. Aswell as next goal wins.

Aye saving money is shite... :lol: