What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Martian.

I doubt I'm going to see a better film this year. Excellent story, stunning visuals (although I'm not sure that 3d made much of a difference), the first genuine Oscar contender, both in terms of the movie itself and Matt Damon's performance. It's weirdly uplifting for a movie about a guy who gets left behind on mars. Oh, and the soundtrack is fantastic - Forrest Gump levels of fantastic.

10/10

The Martian.

I doubt I'm going to see a better film this year. Excellent story, stunning visuals (although I'm not sure that 3d made much of a difference), the first genuine Oscar contender, both in terms of the movie itself and Matt Damon's performance. It's weirdly uplifting for a movie about a guy who gets left behind on mars. Oh, and the soundtrack is fantastic - Forrest Gump levels of fantastic.

10/10

Isnt is just Matt Damon mostly trying not to die in his wee dome?

I read The Martian earlier this year without knowing there was a film getting made, did seem like the story would be very suited to the big screen, cliches and all.

Think I'll check this one out, just got to decide whether to 3D or Not 3D??

It should be a good one for 3D though, Outer Space + Mars + Spaceships = Potentially stunning visuals!!

War of the Worlds - 6/10

Really enjoyed the first half. Then Cruise meets up with Tim Robbins crazy freedom fighter character and it turns to shit.

Mad Max Fury Road - 8/10

This was just crazy. Would probably watch it again.

SpongeBob SquarePants: Sponge Out of Water

My wee sister was wanting to watch this with the family last night despite the rest of us saying no. We eventually gave it a go and I thought it was actually quite good. Had some pretty funny moments and was absolutely nuts. There's one moments in particular that comes across as if the writers had taken a shit load of drugs when writing it. It wasn't brilliant but was certainly good fun.

7/10