What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I Am Soldier 1/ 10.

Some bloke goes for SAS selection. Turns out to be a poor mans Ultimate Force.

Bag of shite, don't bother. Avoid at all costs.

"I Am Soldier"? That's how The Hulk used to talk in the old comics - "I am soldier. Soldier kill man with shooty bang-bang gun". Please tell me that's how he talks throughout the film :lol:

"I Am Soldier"? That's how The Hulk used to talk in the old comics - "I am soldier. Soldier kill man with shooty bang-bang gun". Please tell me that's how he talks throughout the film :lol:

:lol:

Believe me, I would've awarded an extra mark if he did. Beyond terrible :(

The Gambler 4/10

Not sure if peolle will agree or disagrew with this score.

For me it was incredibly boring. I was waitibg for something to happen the whole film but never ever came.

If Mark Wahlberg wasn't the main character I would have turned off long before.

I thought the whole thing was incredibly shit from start to finish. 4/10 is probably generous. There's something about Bire Larson's face as well that makes me want to volley it.

Black Mass - 8/10

Not a bad movie Johnny Depp playing real life American gangster Whitey Bulger. Plenty of violence and wise guy action to keep fans of this genre happy.

Shit is this out? I'll need to get to the pics and see it, been waiting on this.

Just finished watching THE MAZE RUNNER.

Would score a solid 8.5/10 for me.

Never fancied this film and just thought i'll let it play in the background and not pay attention....I couldn't take my eyes off it.

Can't really give a brief explination of it as it will give the story away but would recommend to others.

Edited by BaSeDG0DSA1NT

Nightcrawler

Finally got around to watching this, now that it's on Amazon Prime. Thought it was excellent. I loved the lack of daylight throughout the film, it went a long way to maintaining the dark atmosphere. I thought I had figured out the ending but I was actually miles away!

As for Gyllenhaal he was superb. A complete sociopathic weirdo played to perfection. He creeped the shit outa me at times. At the beginning of the film I was rooting for him but in time I started to become very disturbed and shocked by his behaviour. I've only seen American Sniper and The Theory of Everything but I have to say Gyllenhaal put in a performance that warranted an Oscar nomination ahead of Cooper. He must feel very hard done by to have missed out. I doubt he'd have beaten Redmayne, but a nomination was surely the least he deserved.

8/10

Edited by 19QOS19

The past 2 nights I've watched some old classics. Took advantage of my dad's blu Ray collection and watched lethal weapon for the 1st time in about 20 years, it still holds up even though it's nearly 30 years old. 7/10

And yesterday well....it had to be back to the future....is it only me that wants the self tying nike's more than a hover board. 8/10

Before Sunset 9/10

This was a surprisingly good watch, just for the 'sequel expectation'. I didn't think using a lot of the same factors of the first film, that they would be able to execute it so well, if not better. The dialogue was IMO better here (I don't know if Hawke and Depay's contribution to the screenplay or added wisdom was to thank for that). That ride back home was ridiculously good, watching them bow out their souls, and if Julie Depay's Nina Simone impression didn't finish the job, nothing will. Fastest hour and twenty minutes I've spent in some time.

Before Midnight 8/10

This was something a bit different to sequels, however I felt it executed well what it set out to achieve. Couples arguments like that for the most part of the third act, (granted stuck me like the kind where you have at least a week to prepare for every response) are the kind of couples argument you never see enough of in films, because nobody probably wants to talk about it. Horrible, acerbic and yet captivating all the time.

Probably goes in to my top 5 for trilogies on the basis of consistency alone. I really want to them again already.

Before Sunset 9/10

This was a surprisingly good watch, just for the 'sequel expectation'. I didn't think using a lot of the same factors of the first film, that they would be able to execute it so well, if not better. The dialogue was IMO better here (I don't know if Hawke and Depay's contribution to the screenplay or added wisdom was to thank for that). That ride back home was ridiculously good, watching them bow out their souls, and if Julie Depay's Nina Simone impression didn't finish the job, nothing will. Fastest hour and twenty minutes I've spent in some time.

Before Midnight 8/10

This was something a bit different to sequels, however I felt it executed well what it set out to achieve. Couples arguments like that for the most part of the third act, (granted stuck me like the kind where you have at least a week to prepare for every response) are the kind of couples argument you never see enough of in films, because nobody probably wants to talk about it. Horrible, acerbic and yet captivating all the time.

Probably goes in to my top 5 for trilogies on the basis of consistency alone. I really want to them again already.

it's Julie DELPY, you've watched 3 of her films, the least you could do is notice her name!! :lol:

I watched Before Sunrise about 17/18 years ago after catching it on TV, it was probably the first 'romance' I'd ever watched from beginning to end. It's still the best one I've watched, it had an almost hypnotic quality to it.

Still haven't managed to catch up with the sequels though! :unsure2:

it's Julie DELPY, you've watched 3 of her films, the least you could do is notice her name!! :lol:

I watched Before Sunrise about 17/18 years ago after catching it on TV, it was probably the first 'romance' I'd ever watched from beginning to end. It's still the best one I've watched, it had an almost hypnotic quality to it.

Still haven't managed to catch up with the sequels though! :unsure2:

I did this in a hurry! Give me some credit here!

I'd strongly recommend a crack at them. They're as every bit hypnotic as Sunrise.

99 Homes

Michael Shannon plays a ruthless property tycoon in this engaging thriller. We paced, well acted and quite gripping. Had me on the edge of my seat until the very end. Well worth watching.

8/10

Pretty much everyone is pretty desperate as well. Even the ice cool Shannon's character was born out of a desperate measure after the crash.