What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Deadpool.. Just.. Fucking wow..

10/10

Grabs you at the opening credits and barely loses grip, consistently funny and satisfyingly crunchy with the fights..

Of course what would be amazing is if the studios put aside their differences and we could have some genuinely amazing cameos and characters from the Marvel universe (a Deadpool and Wolverine 'buddy' movie for example).

Both Deadpool and the X-Men Universe are owned by Fox so there's a very good chance we'll end up with these two together at some point, if Hugh Jackman can just be convinced to hang around until then that'd be great..

The wider point I absolutely get though, the kind of cash that an absolutely huge crossover event could make just has to make it happen sometime.. Surely..

Both Deadpool and the X-Men Universe are owned by Fox so there's a very good chance we'll end up with these two together at some point, if Hugh Jackman can just be convinced to hang around until then that'd be great..

Xmen origins wolverine

That's where it happened, same actors and everything. Almost fucked it all up completely.

Xmen origins wolverine

That's where it happened, same actors and everything. Almost fucked it all up completely.

Ha!! You just had to drag that film up didn't you..compare the two versions..well, of both characters really, and they're really bad versions of what they now are..

Christ that was a honking pile of pish.. Sits alongside the Star Wars prequels and Crystal Skull as 'films that didn't happen' for me..

would a normal person who isn't into comics or so called super heroes enjoy this?

Should do, some of its hilarious regardless of the situation. You wouldn't get more subtle jokes like the ones taking the piss out of Ryan Reynolds previous appearance in X-Men and that, but theres plenty to laugh at. Especially Hugh Jackmans cameo at the end :lol:

Ha!! You just had to drag that film up didn't you..compare the two versions..well, of both characters really, and they're really bad versions of what they now are..

Christ that was a honking pile of pish.. Sits alongside the Star Wars prequels and Crystal Skull as 'films that didn't happen' for me..

indeed, it shouldn't have happened, it was a disaster. from the over used characters at the start and the under used ones throughout (Gambit ffs!!) to not letting deadpool talk.

<-- seethe alert

Beasts of No Nation

Brilliant film from Netflix about child soldiers in a civil war torn African country,the film takes you into the brutality of the situation , Idris Elba is fantastic as the rebel leader but the boy in the lead role is really good, apparently this was his first acting role which I found astonishing, haven't checked but was this film just overlooked at the Oscars ? Or does it not count as it was on Netflix? A great watch 9.5/10

The Revenant - Will correctly win a shitload of Oscars for its technical brilliance. Although on the acting front, Tom Hardy stole the show for me. Quite like Birdman in the respect that it's impressive as f**k but I didn't love it. Amores Perros remains the only Inarritu film that I've actually really gotten into.

The Big Short - Thought I was going to absolutely hate it after 15 mins. The breaking the fourth wall thing to explain subprime mortgages felt annoying and patronising. Once Synthetic CDO's and the like became important to the plot, I gave into the fact that there's no way I would understand it without some explanatory plot device and the directly explaining it thing actually worked.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - The cheesiness is so on the button, you just have to let that go and buy into it. Once I did that, it was great. The only thing I couldn't let go of was all these music afficianados never having heard Heroes :lol: UWOTM8.

All 8/10.

The Big Short - Thought I was going to absolutely hate it after 15 mins. The breaking the fourth wall thing to explain subprime mortgages felt annoying and patronising. Once Synthetic CDO's and the like became important to the plot, I gave into the fact that there's no way I would understand it without some explanatory plot device and the directly explaining it thing actually worked.

Shit. I'm taking my pretty well pickled Mother and my Dad with a brain like a Swiss cheese to see it tomorrow. Should be fun.

Spotlight - 8.5/10

Probably the best film I've seen for quite some time. Tremendous stuff from all the cast. Mark Ruffalo is the absolute boy. Thought Liev Schreiber was great in it so I was a bit disappointed he didn't get more screen time.

Shadow of a Doubt: 7/10

Been meaning to watch this for ages. Supposedly Hitchcock's favourite of his own films, I liked it but wouldn't go that far, great lead performances though.

Amy: 8/10

Really good although obviously massively depressing. That Blake Fielder-Civil guy is suuuuuuuuch a twat.

Tale of Princess Kaguya: 5/10

Nice enough but dragged on for far too long, would've made a great short

Listen Up Philip: 7/10

Jason Schwartzman plays an up-and-coming author, who's a dick, who befriends an older author, who's also a dick. Good stuff although it lost momentum a bit towards the end.

The night before.

3 guys spend their last Xmas together on a drugs bender through the city trying to find this top secret "nutcracker ball". I'm getting bored of Seth Rogen but I thought Anthony Mackie and Joseph Gordon Levitt were ace in this. A few scene stealing cameos from James Franco and Miley Cyrus made this film really enjoyable. I wasn't too impressed with The Interview but I enjoyed this. 7/10

The Revenant - Will correctly win a shitload of Oscars for its technical brilliance. Although on the acting front, Tom Hardy stole the show for me. Quite like Birdman in the respect that it's impressive as f**k but I didn't love it. Amores Perros remains the only Inarritu film that I've actually really gotten into.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower - The cheesiness is so on the button, you just have to let that go and buy into it. Once I did that, it was great. The only thing I couldn't let go of was all these music afficianados never having heard Heroes :lol: UWOTM8.

All 8/10.

If you haven't already you should read TPOBAW book. I loved the book but found the movie to be a bit meh

Deadpool is VERY different from the usual comic book fare. So I don't see any reason why you can't enjoy it on it's own merits.

Saw this tonight having no idea what to expect (my only knowledge of deadpool related to a pinned GN thread).

I'm presuming that the film is very different to the comic, unless the comic Marvel's equivalent of Viz?

7/10

Edited by Hedgecutter