What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

American Gangster - at nearly three hours it requires a bit of patience, and it's not as pacy as some might like, but I thought it was interesting and exciting. I tended to have more interest in the police/detective thriller element than the drug pushing movie, but I enjoyed it. 7/10

I want to go to the cinema tonight, the films on offer (that I haven't already discounted) are;

Cloverfield

Definitely Maybe

Juno

There Will Be Blood

What should I go and see, or should I stay in and watch Aldershot v Stevenage?

Need advice by 7pm. Ta.

Most things involving Hoffman are bound to be good. Even if the movie itself is crap, he'll light the thing up. This particular movie is pretty good though.

Anyways

American Psycho

Amazing performance from Christian Bale highlights this very good movie.

9/10

My favourite film. Bale is fantastic in this and every other film he's in.

Lonesome Jim

There Will Be Blood was full last night so went with Lonesome Jim instead which was on as part of the Glasgow Film Festival. Directed by Steve Buscemi, Casey Affleck is excellent as the self-centered, depressive Jim and it's a very funny and watchable film when it could easily have been quite bleak. Especially funny when virtually he talks his brother in to attempting suicide.

I was quite annoyed by the steady stream of late arrivals in the audience a full 15 minutes into the film. Also I heard some girl say afterwards "I didn't like the main character as much as the main character in Garden State". Well, thats because you're not meant to like him you stupid cow.

8/10

The Good German - there's a thin line between homage and rip-off. This is a modern take on the 1940s war movies, directed by Steven Soderberg, who usually I can't stand. It's okay, although the plot runs extremely similarly to Pi, and I lost the story a bit towards the end. Enjoyable, and well acted. 6/10

Cloverfield 4/10 (i wanted all the characters to be killed within 10 mins, especially the dick with the camera)

They should have put that on the poster would have saved me leaving my warm hoose and going to see this pish camera man is my most hated movie character of all time followed by his self absorbed mate who went running across the city

Went to see There Will Be Blood yesterday. It was absolutely superb. Day-Lewis is incredible as ever, as is Paul Dano as the snivelling preacher boy. The interaction between them is perfect, leading up to the climax of the film.

10/10

No Country For Old Men

It took me a good minute or so to even begin to understand Tommy Lee Jones' character's accent, and the ending is somewhat abrupt, but otherwise excellent.

Kelly MacDonald copes admirably with a role you'd probably be forgiven for thinking she'd been horrendously mis-cast in, and Javier Bardem was superb - surely a shoo-in for best supporting actor Oscar.

(My boyfriend may not share my view, as there are several somewhat tense moments in the above film, and I am a great big wuss. I may have almost dislocated his left arm due to my hanging onto it. Ooops.)

8/10

Edited by LauraMcB