What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Lost Boys (1987)

7/10

Vampires plus House plus Echo and the Bunnymen used to the best of its abilities...but very badly aged!

Lost boys 2 should be out soon

Must be another Big Lebowski then, it's fucking shite.

No it wasn't, it was great.

The Unknown 7/10

Steal a load of ideas from other films, throw in a dinosaur, rubbish acting and a predictable plot and you get Cloverfield.

'Go without me, this is something I've got to do, I need to be with her, no dude we're not leaving you and I'm bringing my HD indestructible digicam with me.... is that you Tod? I can't believe you're here and have saved me from being killed by that huge monster and while you're here would you mind removing this piece of metal that has somehow pierced my left breast, I love you, I love you too, it just took NY to be attacked by a big f**k-off dinosaur for me to realise it '.

Absolute mince. 1/10.

Steal a load of ideas from other films, throw in a dinosaur, rubbish acting and a predictable plot and you get Cloverfield.

'Go without me, this is something I've got to do, I need to be with her, no dude we're not leaving you and I'm bringing my HD indestructible digicam with me.... is that you Tod? I can't believe you're here and have saved me from being killed by that huge monster and while you're here would you mind removing this piece of metal that has somehow pierced my left breast, I love you, I love you too, it just took NY to be attacked by a big f**k-off dinosaur for me to realise it '.

Absolute mince. 1/10.

You basically hated it before you saw it, didn't you?

You basically hated it before you saw it, didn't you?

Actually my friend whose well into his films said 'I expected it to be shite and loved it, you've got to go and see it'. From what he'd said I thought that it was going to be great. Turns out that it's a complete joke and he'll be getting a slagging next time I see him.

Monster attacks city, guy tries to save girl he loves, the 'joker' with the camera, the well endowed beautiful girl accompanying them in her short skirt, low cut top and high heels, the most blatant product placement I've ever seen (let's just zoom in on the Budweiser bottle and Wrigley's chewing gum). It was hideous and they stole everything from other movies. War of the Worlds, Blair Witch Project, Godzilla, The Day After Tomorrow, it was all in there. Girl looked nice though.

Actually my friend whose well into his films said 'I expected it to be shite and loved it, you've got to go and see it'. From what he'd said I thought that it was going to be great. Turns out that it's a complete joke and he'll be getting a slagging next time I see him.

Perhaps your mate took from it what it is...a piece of quality cinema entertainment, and wasn't so cynical about every aspect of it.

Although it always fascinates me when it comes to perception. You say your mate expected it to be rubbish, but loved it....he tells you it's great, and you hate it.

I try and watch films with as open a mind as possible, although with the amount of hearsay and hyperbole flying around, it's sometimes not easy. I'd heard positive and negative reviews about the film, so I had basically no idea what to expect. In the end, I just sat back and enjoyed it. I couldnae care less about product placement, plot holes, inconsistencies...it's not the kind of film where any of that matters IMO.

It's also the first film I've been to where the entire theatre was totally silent right at the end. Terrific cinema.

the thing with cloverfield and i have never had this with a film before i hated all the characters from the get go and nothing that happened in the film made me change my mind. that said the film has worked because we are still talking about it on here.

the devil wears prada 5/10 total chick flick although i resisted the urge to put my foot through the telly so not all bad

the thing with cloverfield and i have never had this with a film before i hated all the characters from the get go

None of the characters had any depth, and none were particularly likeable. I think that was deliberate on the part of the film-makers.

It just wouldn't have worked at all had their been any well known actors/actresses, or if they had explored the characters more.

Magnolia

I just can't find fault with this one. An absolute gem, but with the cast that it has, you can't really expect anything else. Probably one of my favourite movies.

10/10

I'd give it a nine just because it borrows so heavily from Robert Altman's superior Short Cuts. I agree Magnolia is a belter though.

Juno

9/10. I thoroughly enjoyed the film, the soundtrack is fantastic and it is very funny in bits. The lassie who plays Juno is a cracking actress too, and Michael Cera puts in a stellar performance too.

Agree With everything above especially the soundtrack, the scene with Michael Cera and Ellen Page singing the moldy peaches' song was class, great use of music