What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Breach

You probably notice I go on about acting performances a lot, so you can see why I'd be annoyed when someone like Chris Cooper, who could go on screen and simply say "blah blah blah" and get you engaged, doesn't get nearly enough roles. He's typically commanding here as a suspected spy in the FBI. The story is decent enough, and I enjoy movies of this type, but there's nothing done to raise the intrigue untill well into the movie. Is it enough for a thumbs up ? Yes, the story and the cast and everything is fine. I'd just ask for a bit more playing up to the story.

6/10

Really? I thought it was outstanding.

I just thought they spent way too much time on the character development, and did so at the expense of the story. About an hour into it, they really let loose with things, and from that point onwards it's all kinds of great, as both Phillipe and Cooper make you buy into every single moment.

the catholic boys

one of those films you watched years ago and thought was good and watch it now and its pretty average 4/10

All I can remember from that film is one of the blokes wanks at every opportunity!

John Q (2002)

Beautiful film with great performances from Denzel Washington and James Woods. Even Anne Heche's two faced (from heartless bitch, to a tear of joy at the end) performance was brilliant. When the kids heart beat at the end I welled up.

9/10 (Loses a mark for the wee boy not saying "Watcha talking about Willis" at the end) :(

In a good way? Rating?

I'm still trying to work it out. When one scene ends with a embalmed corpse on a bed getting its head crushed whilst a backwoods retard is pitching an eppy on the floor nearby, you need time to reflect. Excellent acting by the guy who plays the simpleton all the way through, though.

I'm no expert :D

The Mist

Pretty understated for a Stephen King horror. Which is good, because this could have been a right crapper. Frank Darabont does as good a job as he can with this, and basically lets the story tell the story of the characters. The climax does not make for easy viewing. There's no way that this movie should have been as good as it is.

8/10

AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem AKA People from Colorado vs Common Sense - Death Song(2007)

This was beyond stupid and was more predictable than a Boll movie, I mean if you didn't predict the ending at least 45 minutes before it then you are a simpleton. Every single thing that happened could be spotted well in advance through the awful scripting, mind-blowingly crap acting and terrible camera angles.

I shall give this one point for a reason, and that is for the dumb blonde getting killed by a frisbee in comical fashion - oh and the bus at the start going to a place with a funny name (which the shiteness of this film has made me forget)

1/10

Top three worst films of all time, along with Spawn and Hellborn.

Edited by SaltyTON

The Beastmaster (1982)

From what I'd heard I wasn't expecting much, but fantasy films are usually watchable so gave it a shot.

It has survived through 3 films and is currently on a television series so it must have something, and it does...though I'm still not sure what it is.

Rip Torn being in was fun, was half expecting Will Smith to appear in a black suit, but alas it didn't happen.

5/10

Dead Man's Shoes (2004)

8/10

Paddy Considine wrote and starred in a terrific wee film set in Matlock, about a brother taking revenge for his retarded brother's torture and suicide at the hands of a gang of drug users/sellers a few years earlier whilst he was in the armed forces.

Made by FilmFour, so it should be on there at some point (I watched it on DVD so no adverts :P )

i watched this the other week and thought it was very good.

some of my mates even claim to like it more than trainspotting.

AVPR: Aliens vs Predator - Requiem AKA People from Colorado vs Common Sense - Death Song(2007)

This was beyond stupid and was more predictable than a Boll movie, I mean if you didn't predict the ending at least 45 minutes before it then you are a simpleton. Every single thing that happened could be spotted well in advance through the awful scripting, mind-blowingly crap acting and terrible camera angles.

I shall give this one point for a reason, and that is for the dumb blonde getting killed by a frisbee in comical fashion - oh and the bus at the start going to a place with a funny name (which the shiteness of this film has made me forget)

1/10

Top three worst films of all time, along with Spawn and Hellborn.

Being an Alien and Predator fan i love all the movies they are in so this is biased but i will go on. Yes things are predictable but thats what most movies are right now. I mean i watched Iron Man last night and you could tell what was going to happen as its a "superhero" movie and the same things happen in them all. He gets powers, almost dies, bad guy trys it and turns evi lthen the good guy stops him. I have just watched Spawn for the very first tiem and did not think it was 1 of the worst of all time. I could think of plenty more films that are shite :lol: . Anyway...

Spawn 4/10

Footloose 9/10

I dont care who you are. This film is brilliant! B)

Teeth

Im still not sure what to make of it. Watching men getting their penises chopped off by vagina teeth just aint my scene :barf . Its making me think twice about going in that area again :lol: .

6/10

what happens in vegas

6/10

a soppy romantic comedy with an obvious ending!

gets a 6 cause it made me chuckle a few times and you get to see cameron diaz prancing about in her underwear ;)

also it has now got me good brownie points with the g/f

The Shawshank Redemption

The Mist got me into the mood. Depressing movie, which takes you lower and lower before shooting you out of your hole like a cannonball. Very simple in it's execution, once again, there isn't much in the way of character development, as we just get right into things and the story is the thing doing all of the work. Once again, Darabont keeps faithful and allows this to be the case. The most memorable thing about this movie is that it just feels special as it strolls along at a leisurely rate. The greatest movie of all time ? That isn't even a question worth asking. Unquestionably yes.

10/10

Speed Racer - 8/10

Enjoyed this alot, to my suprise. Well worth a shout and the graphics are good. After the 1st couple of minutes I never noticed them. John Goodman is great in this as Pops Racer and even the fucking chimp in it was funny.

Dog Soldiers (2002)

Okay it's not the best film in the world, but werewolves are a difficult thing to make look anything other than a cartoon character! The plot was a tad laboured, but was well scripted. Sadly the c**t who kept going on about the England/Germany game didn't die quickly enough, nor in a painful enough way. That's "bone" as he would say.

I didn't know really how to classify this, it seemed as though it was meant to be a horror, but wasn't remotely horror, it had nothing "Howling"esque nor "Cujo"esque about it, so I'm guessing more an action would be the fairest way to put it.

Checking IMDb it's been classed as Action/Horror

As a horror I'd give it 3/10, as an action 6/10... that makes 4.5 overall, rounding it up makes

5/10