What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Flock (2007)

Richard Gere and Claire Danes put on a very good good/bad routine in trying to find a girl who has been abducted by a couple of sex offenders.

A few interesting cameos from Avril Lavigne and French Stewart as a paedophile.

Decent again, despite Gere's persistently wooden acting!

7/10

Waz (2007)

An altruistic version of Se7en, if you like. A good black crime thriller with a sense of morality to it.

Would have been a slightly higher score, but for Melissa George attempting to ruin her second film in a row (30 Days of Night)

A VERY strange choice of Jigsaw-esque killer in Selma Blair...

7/10

Tonight me and my girlfriend went to see Gone Baby Gone, directed by Ben Affleck and starring Casey Affleck, Ed Harris and Morgan Freeman.

A fantastic film where the child of a junkie underclass mother goes missing. Affleck is the private dick hired to track her down.

Absolutely great. 9/10.

Memento (2000)

A very good movie, that is quite difficult to follow (especially as I have the same condition, albeit a less severe form) as Leonard.

Although if you know that the black and white scenes are in chronological order, and the colour ones are in reverse then it makes it easier to follow.

Very good film with brilliant performances by Carrie Ann Moss and Guy Pearce, and the very talkative Teddy (John Pantoliano), as well as a rather disconcerting cameo from CSI and ER's Jorja Fox.

9/10

Yeah, great film, I'd agree with your rating of 9/10.

It's kind of weird though, but I maybe didn't enjoy Memento as much as I did some other films I'd give as good ratings too. I almost appreciated it more than I enjoyed it if that makes any sense... :huh:

Eagle Vs Shark

Offbeat Kiwi comedy in the Napolean Dynamite mould. Touching and amusing with some excellent 'quotes'. You'll either love it or hate it and sometimes the similarities with ND can be distracting, but I don't think the film is trying to be ND therefore can be forgiven.

8/10

Superhero - 8/10

I don't care what anyone else says, that film was hilarious. Only let down was the length of it. Only around an hour and 5 mins long.

Superhero movie? Its fucking garbage to say the least. I seen it a few months ago on the net and it was shite! Anyway....

Rounders

Love poker. Love this 9/10 :D

Superhero Movie (2008)

Leslie Nielsen just stop it, please!!

Given that Epic Movie was less than a year ago, it was strange that they made this film along the exact same lines with lots of X Men references!

4/10

Bonus marks for "Stephen Hawking" getting stuck on 'forward' and driving off the top of a building, and for Nielsen saving it!

Superhero movie? Its fucking garbage to say the least. I seen it a few months ago on the net and it was shite! Anyway....

Yip, can't honestly see what he found funny...

Epic Movie, which is basically the same, was far better! (Probably the next funniest film of this kind after the original Scary Movie, although still haven't re-watched SM4 to see why it got the high rating...)

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian (2008)

Far, far better than L, W & W. Eddie Izzard's character (a wee mouse) was quality! If the Silver Chair and Voyage of the Dawn Treader continue the trend then by the end we should be seeing something on a par with LOTR!

7/10

EDIT: Interestingly enough Warwick Davis (Leprechaun/Ewok) changed characters between the TV film of the late 80s and this new version....

Edited by SaltyTON

X-Men : The Last Stand

I've heard some horror stories about this movie. Thankfully, none of them are true. It doesn't quite live up to the expectations that people had before it, but it was a good action flick with plenty of nice scenes and decent plots that were easy to follow. It was the popcorn flick that the first two were. Why were people expecting different ?

6/10

Thr3e (2006)

I can't really say anything about the film, as every bit that I say will give away the character twists. All were done well throughout, and Bill Moseley and Priscilla Barnes teaming up again after The Devil's Rejects was a nice touch.

Marc Blucas (Riley from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer") and Justine Waddell (Mary Heller from Dracula 2000) were a good on-screen team!

7/10

Dead Silence

Not exactly great stuff here, although the dolls and woman are genuinely scary. Also a good wee plot device like the Da Vinci Code used, with flashbacks as the guy told his story, sort of mixing in with the modern day telling of the story. Other than these things it isn't worth a look, and is filled with more cliches than you can shake a stick at.

4/10

I went to see Gone Baby Gone at the weekend and left a tad disappointed, as I'd been expecting an engaging two hours. Yes it's a moody and atmospheric crime thriller and impressive from a directing point of view (first time effort from Ben Affleck) but the plot just seemed to grow more and more implausible as time wore on.

7/10

I went to see Gone Baby Gone at the weekend and left a tad disappointed, as I'd been expecting an engaging two hours. Yes it's a moody and atmospheric crime thriller and impressive from a directing point of view (first time effort from Ben Affleck) but the plot just seemed to grow more and more implausible as time wore on.

7/10

In what way do you think it was more and more implausible as it went on? (obviously spoiler codes will be needed)