What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Guest dougalldogg

Righteous Kill

Saw couple days ago at cinema, was ok movie, thought with the quality actors that were in it, it was gona b a lot better but wasnt.

6.5/10

In The Name of the Father ( 1993 )

Jesus christ, this was phenomenal stuff. You'd never guess what was to come from the first 20 minutes. It's all uphill from the intense interrogation scenes though.

10/10

Just a pity most of it was fiction.

Rise Of The Footsoldier

Fucking hell. That was one gory film! :lol: . I fucking loved that film. I dont if anyone disagrees (Salty ;) )

9/10

:D

Maybe you should concentrate more on learning English than what other people think of you.

I'm unlikely ever to voluntarily watch a film starring Craig Fairbrass.

wrong turn 2 dead end 3/10

fucking dire points as follows 1 each for the film the first axe death and henty rollins

italian job remake 6/10

bit of a guilty pleasure take it for what it is and forget about the original

The Rocker

The Rocker tells the story of an unsuccessful drummer who is given a second chance at fame. Robert "Fish" Fishman is the extremely dedicated and astoundingly passionate drummer for the eighties hair band Vesuvius, who is living the rock n' roll dream until he is unceremoniously kicked out of the band. Twenty years after his rock star fantasies are destroyed, just when Fish has finally given up all hope, he hears that his nephew's high school rock band A.D.D. is looking for a new drummer. They reluctantly make him the newest member of the band, giving him a chance to reclaim the rock God throne he's always thought he deserved, and taking the young band along for the ride of their lives.

7/10

wrong turn 2 dead end 3/10

fucking dire points as follows 1 each for the film the first axe death and henty rollins

I gave it the same, a terrible sequel to a pretty decent film with Eliza Dushku.

Red Dawn (1984)

I can see why Americans why love this, but it's just a very average film.

Americans at war with the commies, they couldn't fail to be happy with that, despite the occupation.

Charlie Sheen appears to have had a lot of plastic surgery since this was made as I didn't even recognise him in it, and apparently it's not just Baby you can't put in the corner.

6/10

Gomorra

A film about the Camorra, the Neapolitan Mafia. Five intertwining stories are covered, detailing the grip organised crime has on Naples and the impact on the population. One story involves a 13 year old working his way into the local gang culminating with him 'proving' himself in a shocking way, another deals with a mafia money distributor who hands out cash to the relatives of dead or imprisoned camorista in the unassuming manner of an insurance salesman. He ends up becoming involved in a brutal feud. The other stories detail the path taken by two young thugs, detailing the brutality and senselessness of trying to 'make it' as a gangster, the story of a tailor who becomes a victim of the mob's contorl of the garmet industry and, most chillingly, how the mafia dispose of toxic waste by burying it in the countryside around Naples poisoning the local land and people.

It's based on the book by Roberto Saviano which caused a sensation when it was released. The film doesn't really have an overarching narrative - it really looks to cumulatively show the corruption and degradation of life in Naples caused by the influence of organised crime. It's almost like a documentary, the violence isn't stylised at all - one assassination happens literally in less than a second, far removed from the Hollywood gunfights you see in most crime films. Also, the assassins in the film are drugged up kids or fat middle aged men in poorly fitting shorts and vests rather than any notion of suave glamour. It's quite long and isn't a conventionally satisfying film to watch - the film doesn't come to a climax in the sense that everything isn't tied off. It is an important film though - perhaps an antidote to assinine treatments of organised crime by showing the depravity and ugliness of murder and the mob.

The film ends with a few statistics about crime in Naples - if you piled up all the toxic waste dumped by the Camorra it would be almost twice as high as Everestl; the Camorra have killed 3,000 people in the last thirty years, more than any other criminal organisation and one murder every three days; some of teh £100bn+ they earn through crime has been invested in teh rebuilding of the World Trade Centre. Frightening stuff - apparently the book details a Camorra clan who relocated to Aberdeen to run their operations, so mind what's in those mock chop suppers Doric loons!

I really fancy this one.

would quite like to see it as well but it seems like the sort of film the mrs will get fed up with half way through and start nipping my head... might try and get a snide in the pub

watched the second half of saw 3 last night. pile of shite, gore for gores sake 3/10