What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Ruins (2008)

What the fucking hell did I watch this for? It reminded me of The Cave, a fucking terrible film, had Mayans in it, I fucking hate Mayans in films!

What was wrong with this?

1. Mayans.

2. Shit acting.

3. Plants cursed millenia ago that can impersonate mobile phones.

4. Stupid women picking up a guy with a broken back by the fucking knees.

5. The stupidest tribal people, about 60 of them with bows and arrows and guns that can't stop a girl that's had f**k all to eat and drink in days from escaping.

6. Plants that try and carry off Germans with no legs.

7. Stupid girl that despite seeing how pissed off the tribal guys are keeps taking photos of them, until they shoot a guy in the head.

I'm not going on any further, in fact I'm going back to IMDb and changing my vote.

1/10

The Ruins (2008)

What the fucking hell did I watch this for? It reminded me of The Cave, a fucking terrible film, had Mayans in it, I fucking hate Mayans in films!

1. Mayans.

2. Shit acting.

5. The stupidest tribal people, about 60 of them with bows and arrows and guns that can't stop a girl that's had f**k all to eat and drink in days from escaping.

7. Stupid girl that despite seeing how pissed off the tribal guys are keeps taking photos of them, until they shoot a guy in the head.

I'm not going on any further, in fact I'm going back to IMDb and changing my vote.

1/10

It was bad indeed a 2 from me

The Ruins (2008)

1. Mayans.

2. Shit acting.

1/10

I can only assume that, like me, you had some sort of expectation for this one. I had some and I was horrified. Not in a good way either. Here is my original review for it from this thread.

The Ruins

Laughable, stupid and downright shite. Thankfully, it doesn't have many of the old cliches, but in saying that, maybe horror movies simply need them. Certainly if this is anything to go by. The phone ringing mini-plot is honestly the most hilarious thing I have seen in a movie in a long time.

So we're going into the so bad it's funny territory, which saves it from the 0/10 rating. What also saves it from the 0 is the

plants speaking like munchkins.

2/10

Edited by DomDom

Me, Myself, and Irene 9/10

i love that film, especially when hank steals a fag of two ugly burds and goes "what happening fellas?"

Hank Evans is genius. That film is as funny as Anchorman, underrated seriously.

Cloverfield 7/10

I enjoyed it. It's a silly monster movie - yey!

Dawn of the Dead 1978 - 7/10

Dawn of the Dead 2004 - 9/10

I prefer the 2004 remake because the zombies can run and are generally more scarier.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Public Enemies - 7/10

Ok film soooooooooooooooo much better than that Transformer guff i saw last week. Michael Mann is a director unlike the money making pap merchants like Bey and McG. Johnny Depp is a decent actor who always puts in a good performance. Good action and a decent story makes this film the best of the summer so far.

Dawn of the Dead 1978 - 7/10

Dawn of the Dead 2004 - 9/10

I prefer the 2004 remake because the zombies can run and are generally more scarier.

Ive seen neither of them but surely in 1974, slow zombies would be shit scary enough? ;)

Terminator 1, 2 and 3

8/10 for the lot.

B)

Man on Fire (2004)

Really heart-warming wee movie about a wee girl (Dakota Fanning) getting abducted in Mexico, then her bodyguard (Denzel Washington) aims to try and get revenge on those that abducted her.

Even the normally irritating DF plays her part well alongside DW and Christopher Walken.

Only the film going a bit too far on the unlikelyhood scale prevents it getting a perfect score.

9/10