What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Rare Exports

Finnish film about some miners who dig up Santa Claus in the mountains but it turns out it's the evil Santa from old Finnish stories and not the nice "Coca-Cola" version.

Absolutely brilliant and surprisingly funny without really trying to be and ruining the actiony, suspense bits.

10/10

Scrooged (1988)

Bill Murray doing what Bill Murray does best. Being awesome.

Easily one of my favourite Christmas films (along with Die Hard).

Watch Scrooge (1951, with Alistair Sim) now, truly the greatest Christmas film of all time.

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World ( 2010 )

There are positives to be taken from this. It certainly has it's awesome moments, but on the whole, this is infuriating and annoying. I understand that it's certainly something a bit different, but it's certainly not for me. It looks spectacular though. I can't go even for thumbs in the middle on this one though.

4/10

If you were to give said film a rating, for talking sake let's say out of 10, what would you give it?

I would go with 6/10. I dont think its as good as the TV version and I kept wanting John Lithgow to start acting like Dick out of 3rd Rock from the Sun. Its not to bad though, plus the bloke that plays Pariot on the telly is the bad guy in it.

Just downloadit

I can stream it free (and legally) from LoveFilm through my PS3 straight onto my TV. I haven't got the cables to watch it otherwise on anything by my laptop. But if all else fails, then cheers I will give that link a shot.

Spirited Away (2002)

I thought it was really good. There were a few characters I didn't understand/see the point of (example; The Radish Spirit), but according to IMDb the bath-house was a place for the Japanese Gods and spirits, so that would be why. I might have a read about some of the Japanese Gods later on. I didn't understand the point of No-Face either, but he was perhaps the God of greed or something like that. I liked him though, and I was surprised that he turned out to be a bit of a c**t. I think I'm going to buy this on DVD. I'll probably like it more if I understand more of what's going on.

I'll give it an 8/10

Black Death - 8/10

Set in medieval England, this is about a group of men who go on a quest to find a village where it is said the Plague does not affect them. I liked the setting, and i liked the Wicker Man-esque feel of it too.

Miller's Crossing - 8/10

I love the majority of films set the prohibition era, and this one's no different. Gabriel Byrne is brilliant in this film as Tom, probably just ahead of Caspar as my favourite character. Couple of nice twists, and is basically cool as fuck.

Black Death - 8/10

Set in medieval England, this is about a group of men who go on a quest to find a village where it is said the Plague does not affect them. I liked the setting, and i liked the Wicker Man-esque feel of it too.

Miller's Crossing - 8/10

I love the majority of films set the prohibition era, and this one's no different. Gabriel Byrne is brilliant in this film as Tom, probably just ahead of Caspar as my favourite character. Couple of nice twists, and is basically cool as fuck.

Miller's Crossing is class. Like most Coen brothers' films.

I demand a loan of Black Death in the new year !

Splice (2009)

I have no idea what the hell just all I know is that it was pretty intense. Same director as Cube apparently, that makes as it had a similar ominous feel to it, just whenever everything gets settled then the shit hits the fan.

For me not knowing where they were really going, and for running far too long before the crescendo, I can't go that high but I'll go as high as I can!

This is the most recent film I've seen with Adrien Brody in it since the horrific 'The Village', and he did a grand job of balancing out the crap acting from the supporting cast, especially Brody's character's brother.

Also try and watch the scene where Dren puts on the tiara at the dressing table without Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor coming into your head!

7/10

Edited by SaltyTON

The Notebook

Was forced to watch this last night. Just not for me. Gushing, romance guff. Just nit my kind if thing. Apparently "the most romantic movie since Titanic". The girlfriend was greetin her eyes oot andI was sitting questioning everything that happened, for instance, the film starts when they are both 16, yet the guy looks aboot 30 odds. It then end about 10 years later and the guy looks the exact same as he did when he was 16. She wasn't impressed, but it really was pish.

1/10 and I'm being generous.

Spirited Away (2002)

I thought it was really good. There were a few characters I didn't understand/see the point of (example; The Radish Spirit), but according to IMDb the bath-house was a place for the Japanese Gods and spirits, so that would be why. I might have a read about some of the Japanese Gods later on. I didn't understand the point of No-Face either, but he was perhaps the God of greed or something like that. I liked him though, and I was surprised that he turned out to be a bit of a c**t. I think I'm going to buy this on DVD. I'll probably like it more if I understand more of what's going on.

I'll give it an 8/10

I saw this years ago and still confuses the hell out of me. Fair enough it does look great but has a bonkers plot. I've seen other Miyazaki films that enjoyed (and understood) a lot more e.g. Howls Moving Castle, Laputa Castle in the Sky and Porco Rosso.