What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Wake Wood

Low budget British horror that basically got a multi-format release. Described as a 'folk horror classic' and regularly associated with The Wicker Man in reviews, it has a lot more in common with Pet Sematary. I wanted to like this but it's simply not very good. A little bit of atmosphere is drowned in a rushed plot in which almost nothing happens in a logical manner. Timothy Spall is OK as the sinister land owner but the rest of the cast don't come out of it very well. I was tempted to give it a 3 because the idea has some potential, but I didn't.

2/10

Brick (2005)

US high school drama about drug deals, murder and violence. Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Lukas Haas and set in California, but it feels strangely British, very dark grimy feel to it which anyone who has seen a Ray Winstone film on this subject would recognise.

Really draws you in, despite the over-reliance on convenience with the holes in the story being handily filled in with no real explanation of how the information was found...

8/10

The Happening

Absolutely awful. The plot is insane and despite being a fan of Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel, the acting was horrendous. I hate myself for giving it a chance and not turning that pish off after 20 minutes. I am in disbelief that it has as high as a 5.5 rating on IMDB. The 18% on Rotten Tomatoes is a much better reflection.

0/10

Edited by cityfan

The second the loom shows up it drops from about a 5-6/10 down to a 3/10...

I mean, really?

Quite amusing, yes, but hardly that far fetched considering the rest of the film. You would have to live a sheltered life, to follow the teachings of some sort of magic 'fate' loom.

I have three movie classics which i have never seen,got a loan of them off my mate.One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest-Watched it mmehhh,after what my mate said about it i was expecting it to be alot better just didnt really enjoy it.

True Romance tonight and maybe Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas. Opinions?

Also have Lord of The Flies is that worth a watch?

I have three movie classics which i have never seen,got a loan of them off my mate.One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest-Watched it mmehhh,after what my mate said about it i was expecting it to be alot better just didnt really enjoy it.

True Romance is great.

True Romance is in my top ten of all time.

just had the misfortune to watch cabin fever 2

utter fuckin shite

0 out of 10

Why have so many people seen this awful (my worst ever film) DVD release recently? Has it been on TV or something?

salt

a decent action movie ruined by a horrible plot, so predictable despite the fact it uses so many plot twists that M. Night Shyamalan would be proud. Also the film is set i assume present day but somehow its still a cold war battle

visually it looks great and the chase scenes are quite exciting but still doesn't excuse the plot issues

4/10

Why have so many people seen this awful (my worst ever film) DVD release recently? Has it been on TV or something?

I notice it's on Syfy tomorrow night. With it being portrayed on here as the worst film of all time, I'm tempted to record it just to see how bad it is.

I notice it's on Syfy tomorrow night. With it being portrayed on here as the worst film of all time, I'm tempted to record it just to see how bad it is.

Definitely a see it to believe it effort, imagine Bad Taste taking itself seriously, and with absolutely no connection to the first Cabin Fever...

Martyrs (2008)

A French horror which is based on the idea that through endless suffering one can reach martyrdom, and see beyond death itself.

It is very slow, almost methodical, but it takes a long time before there's any reasoning given for what was going on.

Everything was fairly self-explanatory, except for the reason why the were doing this. It became apparent eventually, but they took a long time getting to that point.

Also, screen wipe endings are just lazy...

7/10 - decent film, but lacking a certain je ne sais quoi...

Harry Potter and the Deathly HAllows pt1 - 7/10. Far better than I expected it to be for a HP film.

Fight Club - 10/10 pretty much my favourite film blew me away when I saw this the first time and still blows me away, Ed Norton, Brad Pitt and Helena Bonham Carter are all fantastic in this film.

Sharktopus (2010) (TV)

Well I think you can work out what this is about...

It's not very good but it has a few plus points

*It stars Eric Roberts in the biggest comedown in film history. The Dark Knight to this in just over a year.

*It's set on a Mexican beach, so very pleasant viewing!

*Eric Roberts spent the whole film calling his daughter Pumpkin, then there was a password on the kill switch at the end... even though we all know what the password was, I bet everybody who's ever seen this film was hoping she typed in 'Rosebud' and got eaten by the sharktopus, that would have been the best epic fail in film history (save the afore-mentioned Eric Roberts career fail)!

3 plus points...

3/10

Carla's Song

Very good, emotional film and I liked the other Ken Loach films I'd seen ie, Sweet Sixteen and My Name is Joe, so I thought I'd give this a watch. Robert Carlyle is excellent in this film which seems to move all over the shop and many characters are left being one-dimensional due to the focus on Carla and George. I liked it though so;

6/10

Sharktopus (2010) (TV)

Well I think you can work out what this is about...

It's not very good but it has a few plus points

*It stars Eric Roberts in the biggest comedown in film history. The Dark Knight to this in just over a year.

*It's set on a Mexican beach, so very pleasant viewing!

*Eric Roberts spent the whole film calling his daughter Pumpkin, then there was a password on the kill switch at the end... even though we all know what the password was, I bet everybody who's ever seen this film was hoping she typed in 'Rosebud' and got eaten by the sharktopus, that would have been the best epic fail in film history (save the afore-mentioned Eric Roberts career fail)!

3 plus points...

3/10

I said it on the top five thread, did you torrent this?

I said it on the top five thread, did you torrent this?

Bought it, was £3.99. Was new on Play.com, but had scratches which meant I missed bits of it so have returned it for full refund.

Studio 666 (2005)

Called "The Possessed" on the DVD, although Studio 666 makes far more sense.

A talentless band trying to record their album after their lead singer shoots herself, if you're shit don't go to a recording studio... you will inevitably end up dead!

They go to a tarot card reader, the replacement singer becomes some weird green eyed killer, who stabs people but one time decides she's a vampre, and the next she's a zombie... f**k only knows why?

The only positive of this film is an extremely camp tarot card reader called Dr Meso who's quite funny in a mildly disturbing way!

This is pretty lame, but has given me an idea for a Top Fives thread.

2/10

Mongolian Death Worm (TV 2010)

Well not exactly high hopes going into this, but it's actually not that bad.

It's well directed, looks good and pretty well acted for a Syfy film! The director also did the remake of "I Spit on your Grave", which I'm now tempted to watch as he did a good job of what could have been a complete mess... and I thought the 1978 version was mindless tedium!

My only real problem with it was the gold would have caused an injury at the end, it wouldn't have bounced off them like it was made of jelly!

Fun film, for what it was. Not a pass as it didn't keep my attention for the whole thing, I sat with one eye on Facebook and on here, but what I saw wasn't bad.

4/10