What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

The Bourne Identity. Not gonna give it a rating as I've seen it countless times. Sitting watching it and the missus says:

I'm glad you don't work as that.

As what? An international assassin?

Aye.

Eh, no bother.

Classic.

The Croods

Animated Stone Age Family adventure - it was surprisingly enjoyable, and the youngsters thought it was great - and it had a happy ending. Then we went for a KFC. The End.

Silent Hill: Revelation

I'm a massive Silent Hill fan, absolutely massive, so was quite excited to see this was announced. I was then disappointed when I found out that Roger Avary wouldn't be involved and that Christopher Gans couldn't take part. Then - the dreaded information that came after - 3D. I've yet to see a good film utilise 3D, and the sooner this phase goes, the better.

The first film stays fairly faithful to the game, and for that reason, I really liked it despite the more casual film fan probably not liking it as much. It certainly changed some important plot points, but it kept the feel of the game well and truly alive. This film, however, is the opposite, it's essentially a typical B-horror going for jump scares, something Silent Hill very rarely utilises. The game is an atmospheric horror, the first film is an atmospheric horror, this is just what you'd expect from a trashy slasher/monster film with a touch of the Silent Hill mythology thrown in. Taking it as a film that's not related to an iconic game franchise, and it's still very, very poor. It's only redemption is that it does connect with some of the game's themes, other than that it is an utterly dreadful film.

3/10.

Watched Goodfellas for the umpteenth time the other night. As much as I love that film, I really don't like the last couple of scenes. Where he breaks the fourth wall in the courtroom - to me it detracts from the seriousness of the film, and then right at the end where he's doing the whole suburbanite thing. I very much doubt Henry Hill was living a mundane life. I suspect he was constantly shitting himself.

Watched Goodfellas for the umpteenth time the other night. As much as I love that film, I really don't like the last couple of scenes. Where he breaks the fourth wall in the courtroom - to me it detracts from the seriousness of the film, and then right at the end where he's doing the whole suburbanite thing. I very much doubt Henry Hill was living a mundane life. I suspect he was constantly shitting himself.

Shitting himself to the point that he was never off the tv and opening restaurants.

Finally got round to watch The Hunger Games last night.

Think its biggest problem is the massive build up to the "main event" while they try and show you how the chosen ones are paraded around like show horses and the divide between the 2 levels of society. The film was ok, seemed to be like a mesh of Battle Royale and The Running Man tho without the sense of menance or action. Not read the books but heard in true fashion its better than the film, probably never read it so dont care

6.5/10

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Werewolfish vs martial arts set in 17th Century France. The 'best' bit in the film was a lingering shot of Monica Belucci's breasts that dissolves into a shot of two snow topped mountains. High fucking art. 7/10

Sightseers 0/10. the worst british movie ever

Says a man who's never seen SpiceWorld, Carry on Emmanuelle, Anything with Cliff Fucking Richard, Any "confessions of" movie, big-screen adaptations of Steptoe or Love Thy Neighbour, etc. etc. etc.

Now.....

MINT ME!

I watched Return of the Jedi. I couldn't help but feel sickened by the scenes at the end where everyone is celebrating the death of Emperor Palpatine. I mean, yes, he was a divisive figure but he was strong and when he made a decision he stuck to it and you have to respect him for that. And at the end of the day he was an old man with relatives (probably), and he had gone quite mad by the time he died. You have to look at his legacy and see what he did for the Galaxy, which was essentially on its arse before he took over. 6/10

I watched Return of the Jedi. I couldn't help but feel sickened by the scenes at the end where everyone is celebrating the death of Emperor Palpatine. I mean, yes, he was a divisive figure but he was strong and when he made a decision he stuck to it and you have to respect him for that. And at the end of the day he was an old man with relatives (probably), and he had gone quite mad by the time he died. You have to look at his legacy and see what he did for the Galaxy, which was essentially on its arse before he took over. 6/10

How about when the Rebels blow up the unfinished Death Star? All those hired contractors, plumbers, electricians and whatnot. They don't have any affiliation to the galactic war, innocent workers just trying to send some money back to their families and then the Rebels slaughter them.