What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Went to see Inside Man last night. It was brilliant. Heist movie directed by Spike Lee, great performances from Denzel Washington as the detective and Clive Owen as the leader of the gang robbing the bank. As usual for Lee parts of it serve as a picture postcard of New York, the city is integral to the characters.

9/10 :)

Amen, saw it last Saturday with my lass. I absolutely loved it. Clive Owen in particular was brilliant, and some of the shooting was sublime. Clever, intriguing and there were some real 'laugh out loud' moments. A real burner of a film. I'm only young, but it's probably the best film i've ever bothered to see at the cinema.

Even my hatred of all things Jodie Foster couldn't spoil it.

Silent Hill

Looked absolutely fantastic. Very freaky at time with mutated bodies and bad guys with giant knifes. I found it more unsettling than scary. Was a little unsatisfied by the ending though.....

6/10

Guest Hampden Ton

Silent Hill 7.5/10

Considering how bad some games-to-movies have been, I approached this with caution. Thankfully, this one breaks the trend, and overall, was a great film (and you'll definitely get more out of it if you've ever played any of the games). Visually, it was incredible - corridors and streets straight out of the game - and very disturbing characters (the missus was hiding her eyes when triangle head turned up!). Been a while since I noticed an audience hold its breath, and the scene with the deformed nurses was it. Special effects were well done too, especially the 'shifts' into the alternate town.

This movie is definately worth a look. Its only downsides were it wasn't as scary as I'd hoped it would be (spooky and gory though!), Sean Bean's hopeless attempt at an American accent and that the ending could have been better.

Go and see it. Silent Hill is expecting you. (Oh sh!t! Was that a siren........ :blink: )

Silent Hill 7.5/10

Considering how bad some games-to-movies have been, I approached this with caution. Thankfully, this one breaks the trend, and overall, was a great film (and you'll definitely get more out of it if you've ever played any of the games). Visually, it was incredible - corridors and streets straight out of the game - and very disturbing characters (the missus was hiding her eyes when triangle head turned up!). Been a while since I noticed an audience hold its breath, and the scene with the deformed nurses was it. Special effects were well done too, especially the 'shifts' into the alternate town.

This movie is definately worth a look. Its only downsides were it wasn't as scary as I'd hoped it would be (spooky and gory though!), Sean Bean's hopeless attempt at an American accent and that the ending could have been better.

Go and see it. Silent Hill is expecting you. (Oh sh!t! Was that a siren........ :blink: )

The phrase "was not made by Paul WS Anderson" should have been employed in the previews.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

The Negotiator - 5/10

It was watchable but a tad predictable and there wasn't a decent performance in it. I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor but i think it would be fair to say that this wasn't one of his better films. Samuel L Jackson is his normal shouty "look at me, aren't i cool?" (no you're not) self. Could have been an entertaining watch but it just didn't deliver and didn't really get going which is a shame :(

Blade Trinity. 7/10.

It was not as bad as folk seem to make out. Ryan Reynolds was superb as King, he is indeed the new Chevy Chase in the making. If they wanted to make a spin off with him and Jessica Biel I'd be all for it. It's not as good as Blade 2 but fun none the less.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

I.D - 8/10 :D

I really like this movie. Last night was the first time i'd seen in it years but it was just as good as i remembered it to be. It's certainly a lot better than today's pishy equivalents (eg The Football Factory & Green Street)

I recommend it anyway :)

Stealth

No bad but entirely predictable. Terminator, Battlestar Galactica, Wargames...the list is endless, when will Man learn not to trust machines ? 6/10

Ocean's Twelve

Fairly entertaining 7/10

The Negotiator - 5/10

It was watchable but a tad predictable and there wasn't a decent performance in it. I think Kevin Spacey is a great actor but i think it would be fair to say that this wasn't one of his better films. Samuel L Jackson is his normal shouty "look at me, aren't i cool?" (no you're not) self. Could have been an entertaining watch but it just didn't deliver and didn't really get going which is a shame :(

I liked The Negotiator alot. Didn't really try to be anything other than a blokes action thriller and sometimes that's what you want to see. I agree about Samuel Jackson trying to be 'cool' all the time. It's a little bit embarrasing sometimes.

Just watched Vertigo for the first time. Much more weird and slow paced than I thought it would be. 6/10

I watched Sleepers last night on Channel 4. It's a story about four boys from new York who are sent to a Home for Boys after they seriously injure a man in a 'prank' gone wrong. Kevin bacon plays the leader of a gang of sadistic guards who sexually abuse the boys for the duration of their sentances. This takes up the first half to the film, the second half covers the boys as adults. One has become a prosecuting lawyer (Brad Pitt), one is anormal guy in the neighbourhood and the other two are gangsters. The two gangsters go for a beer and meet Kevin Bacon's character in the bar and, obviously, shoot him to death. The film then tells the story of how the trial is 'fixed' by Brad Pitt's character so that the boys get off with the crime and reveal the truth as to what happened to them and other boys in the home. Robert de Niro plays the boys mentor, a priest who has to decide whether to perjure himself in order to allow the boys to escape conviction for the murder of the man who raped and abused them.

It was pretty good I thought, a little sentimental and predictable but it had a good cast and story. De Niro is good, as is Dustin Hoffman who plays an alcoholic lawyer put in to defend the boys. The scenes of abuse are pretty graphic, I suppose, and quite shocking. The bit where Kevin Bacon gets murdered is a satisfying killing :lol::ph34r:

I'll give it 7/10

not much point in getting sleepers out of blockbusters now, ICT chris has gave the entire plot away :P

The best bit is the ending when an alien spaceship flies into the courtroom and vapourises the jury, allowing the boys to escape to Xanthar III to live out eternity in happiness.

The best bit is the ending when an alien spaceship flies into the courtroom and vapourises the jury, allowing the boys to escape to Xanthar III to live out eternity in happiness.

:lol::lol: