What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Date movie is absolute pish. I can't believe the Mrs liked it, even though it's a female type of film (i was made to watch it :angry: ) i still though no-one in the right sence of mind would like it.

Money Train 8/10, excellent film.

The Big Lebowski - Swampy is probably going to dropkick me here but 3/10. It just wasn't my type of film and was bored with it. :blink:

:D That's an excellent film (if its the one I'm thinking about), is that the one with the guy who just goes around in his dressing gown :lol: , his patter is amazing.

If this isn't the film, just ignore this a sI'm talking utter pish :)

Hostel - man that movie is FUCKED UP!!!

7/10

Far too generous, it's a wee comedy with nothing mildly sick in it, in fact I would make it a PG.

In fact, all it was missing was Benny Hill.

Guest Spanky Rodriguez

Coach Carter - 2/10

f**k nows why i chose to watch this, probably just because i knew it would be an easy watch for a sunday night. It's got all the classic fluffy bad kids turn good type rubbish that you normally find in these kind of movies. Absolute drivel although it does set a world record for the biggest number of high fives ever recorded on film

A waste of 2 hours that i'll never ever get back. I wish that i watched the rather brilliant LA Confidential again on BBC.

Guest Hampden Ton

The Inside Man - 6.5/10

My pal loved this film but I was really disappointed by it. Started well, ended well but dragged horribly in the middle.

Considering the line-up of stars, I was expecting a much better film. Denzel Washington, Jodie Foster and Christopher Plummer all looked as though they were killing time until their next movie shoot, and William Dafoe was sadly under-used. Clive Owen tried to recreate his character from Sin City (which was probably the weakest character in that cracker of a film) but just couldn't pull it off.

You could easily fall asleep after the first 10 minutes of this film, wake up 70 minutes later and not have missed much. It did have a couple of good moments and some nice comic lines, but that middle section really hurts the film as a whole.

:D That's an excellent film (if its the one I'm thinking about), is that the one with the guy who just goes around in his dressing gown :lol: , his patter is amazing.

If this isn't the film, just ignore this a sI'm talking utter pish :)

Correct.

The Dude is awesome :D

Far too generous, it's a wee comedy with nothing mildly sick in it, in fact I would make it a PG.

In fact, all it was missing was Benny Hill.

Hostel got about a 1/10 from me. Fucking awful film.

Blood Work:- 7/10

Very well written story by Michael Connelly apparently well stuck to from the book (not read it). The only dissapointing thing about it is it was way too obvious. It would have been better if they had kept one or two details from the audiance. Otherwise a very good film with Clint eastwood being clint eastwood :) More michael connelly books should be made into films :D

An American Haunting - 4/10

I was disappointed with this film. It tells the story of the most documented haunting in American history, also the only time I think that a spirit has been named as cause of death in a cornoners report. The plot basically goes thus: happy family live in 19th century Baptist community, father (church elder, pillar of community) gets into dispute with weird old woman, who curses them. Strange things start happening, daughter suffers 'attacks' in the night, sceptical school teacher investigates, attacks continue in much the same vein for most of the film, comedy 'wolves' attack the men in the woods, then all is revealed - father raped daughter, ghost is daughters 'spirit' trying to tell her and everyone else what happened, daughter and mother (who knew all along but blanked it out) kill husband, all is well.

Pish. The 'haunting' scenes don't really develop - the first episode of the haunting is much the same as the last. The ending is rushed out - it's as if the writers had a good idea but haven't properly developed it.

Edited to say: I forgot, I watched LA Confidential last night - excellent film 9/10. Great cast, superb story and script.

Edited by ICTChris