Walking Down The Halbeath Road

People probably would wonder that if it was actually the case.

Exactly. We just don't like Europe and out teams choose to exit at the earliest possible opportunity. People shouldn't use that as a benchmark that our game is fucked.

36 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Exactly. We just don't like Europe and out teams choose to exit at the earliest possible opportunity. People shouldn't use that as a benchmark that our game is fucked.

Or the fact that the national team is all kinds of dogshit, as long as football is still being played in Scotland some people think it's fine.

Last week i'd have been saying Top 4 should be our ambition. 

No longer and im not disappointed about that. I was getting carried away. Now i'm thinking mid table, take some points off our nearest and dearest (Falkirk/Raith) maybe a win against a Hibs or something would be fun. Perhaps even thumping which ever team is having a bad season. 

I can see a lot of fans in the ground having delusions of grandeur, like I did (a wee bit), and getting on the players backs. People getting vocally angry at Jo Cardle for instance angers me, that boy is a hero, he can have a few bad games, a few way ward touches, that's fine by me. We look for loyalty from players and we should return in kind when those players are having an off day. 

I hope we can curb our expectations or East End might get quite toxic, quite quickly...then we are definitely humped.

COYP

Anyone who berates our own players this early in the season is a fud.

People should maintain a sense of realism given it's only a few year since we came out of administration.

It's building for the future and ensuring the club continues it's progress at a pace we can afford.

We desperately need another striker. Hopefully with El Bak confirmed as departing we can sign someone up.  Playing Higginbotham up top is wasting him, and Reilly is yet to prove his quality.

I think to realistically challenge for the play-offs we would have to get extremely lucky with injuries...we just don't have the depth of squad.

Edited by ParT

I'd be pretty annoyed if we spunked the budget on another keeper. Hutton will have to do until Murdoch returns, with Gill as back up. There's no way we should be having first team (squad) 4 keepers on our books. That's ludicrous and I can't believe anyone would seriously suggest it.

Even with Reilly fit, a striker is a must. If possible, we could do with another central midfielder as Spence doesn't fill me with much confidence.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I'd be pretty annoyed if we spunked the budget on another keeper. Hutton will have to do until Murdoch returns, with Gill as back up. There's no way we should be having first team (squad) 4 keepers on our books. That's ludicrous and I can't believe anyone would seriously suggest it.

It's not my opinion by the way.

Even with Reilly fit, a striker is a must. If possible, we could do with another central midfielder as Spence doesn't fill me with much confidence.

That Falkingham guy would do...

Correct. As far as second choice keeper's go Hutton is ok.

I'm assuming that we kept back a budget to offer Fais frankly daft money to stay and that its still on the table?

Desperately needing another striker and if the budget allows another steady full back.

I think we will see a striker soon, to be honest we shouldn't have waited for Fais. He was gone after the last game. Poorly handled by AJ but who knows what happened behind the scenes?

Seems a bit daft to have hope he was coming back after leaving his medal at EEP.

I wouldn't go making too many harsh judgement's about AJ and the handling of the Fais situation. His agent is obviously a bit of a useless fud.

He's away now anyway so we'll see where AJ goes next as he has money. He's made two or three poor signings but on the whole he's done well.