Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Martin played most weeks until missing the rovers game. And he was consistently solid even when being moved position.

Exactly this. He's been one of our most consistent performers this season. It has been really competitive recently for squad places.

Opinions on Ryan Williamson lads?

I rate him he's fast, lightning fast. He is a wing back that likes getting forward. He's excellent defensively against lower league teams, however a couple of injuries that would have ended careers in years gone by I think have affected his game. He's not been given enough outings at this level to judge whether he's good enough (although I suspect he is).

He can cross a ball and his ability to beat full backs at will, allows him to get dangerous balls in about the box.

If he can stay injury free and build back up his confidence, he'll pose a handful to opposition teams.

Opinions on Ryan Williamson lads?

Will run past players, allot.

Was a standout at that level when he wasn't just coming back from injury, will get the crowd on the edge of their seats. Needs to improve defensively and for a tall lad he won't jump for headers.

Will run past players, allot.

Was a standout at that level when he wasn't just coming back from injury, will get the crowd on the edge of their seats. Needs to improve defensively and for a tall lad he won't jump for headers.

He's never exactly been a physical player, but he's shat out of just about every challenge since his injury as well. It's understandable since the injury was a sore one but it's very frustrating to watch.

Saturdays changes In brief......

Martin is OK at left back but I prefer Talbot. There seemed to be a lot down his flank in the second half, think it might be to do with Joe not covering as much as Higgy?

Morris looked solid, I'd like to see him alongside Fordyce

Reilly did very little to stake a claim for displacing the Moff. There's 20 minute spells in the game where he isn't even involved. Just hasn't happened for him sadly.

6 starts, 10 sub appearances and 4 goals. Did ok without ever being good - good luck to him wherever he ends up.

For me, we now need another striker in. Clark and Moffat should start, with Reilly as back-up. Leaves us a bit light up front - forgotten man Hopkirk could be an option now but I'm not convinced that he's up to this level.

What's Craig Brewster up to these days?

15 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Use Farid's wage for a hypnotherapist for Moff. If someone could convince him not to turn to jelly when presented with an opportunity we could have the finest striker known to humanity. 

That would be money well spent neeb, Moff is outstanding all over the park except in front of goal. If hypnoses works, then get him a few sessions.  

Use Farid's wage for a hypnotherapist for Moff. If someone could convince him not to turn to jelly when presented with an opportunity we could have the finest striker known to humanity. 

When Mark Stewart missed that sitter against Hearts yesterday, I immediately blurted out "aw fucking hell, Moffat" as I genuinely thought nobody else missed sitters as bad as him.

Too light up front if we do't replace Farid and Reilly is not a full time option should Moff or Clark get injured.

As for Moff and his shooting boots it's one of 'mysteries.

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Genuinely no idea what Dunfermline have done to his shooting ability, as it was never an issue with us. If anything you would say he was pretty clinical. 

As was Reilly with us. Maybe its a Fife thing, although it doesnt so far appear to be hampering Nicky Clark.

As was Reilly with us. Maybe its a Fife thing, although it doesnt so far appear to be hampering Nicky Clark.

Aye, but he only gets picked because his faither is a coach. Isn't that right,@hawk? You slavering diddy.