Walking Down The Halbeath Road

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Steven Lawless, interesting signing.

I think that's good? I'm sure he was decent at Partick and Livingston. 

Did he also not score against us for Albion Rovers? 

Edited by Grant228

On 15/12/2021 at 13:50, ATLIS said:

Friendly yesterday ended 2-1 to Livi. Not sure who scored for you but Stevie Lawless set one up for us and scored the winner. Currently a free agent following his Motherwell release, I imagine we're likely to table an offer but could be a steal for you if we don't.

:D there we go then

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I think that's good? I'm sure he was decent at Partick and Livingston. 

Did he also not score against us for Albion Rovers? 

I didn't realise he was only 30. Seems like he's been around for ages. On the face of it a decent signing.

Why did he leave Motherwell?

Based on my pal who's a Motherwell fan, his attitude was dreadful, he didn't replicate his Livi form whatsoever when he did play and to cap it all off he pissed off the fans by constantly going on and on about Rangers online.

If you can get the Lawless that played for Livi a couple of seasons ago he'll be a great signing, but it isn't really an area of the park I'd have though was a priority.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Based on my pal who's a Motherwell fan, his attitude was dreadful, he didn't replicate his Livi form whatsoever when he did play and to cap it all off he pissed off the fans by constantly going on and on about Rangers online.

If you can get the Lawless that played for Livi a couple of seasons ago he'll be a great signing, but it isn't really an area of the park I'd have though was a priority.

Center mid is our biggest problem,  but we do need more creativity,   Thomas out currently, Dow a shadow of his former self and Kennedy not bringing his best most weeks,  which means he’s not starting and a good chance Rangers will recall him as a result. 

Even if Kennedy stays and once thomas comes back we probably needed another body.

Maybe a slight gamble if his attitude isn’t right but one worth taking in our situation 

51 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Pretty much sums up his later years at thistle, bad attitude and downed tools.

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m sure I seen @capt_oats make a post about Lawless at Motherwell summing up why it never worked out, but on his Thistle and Livi days he’ll be a good player for this level, if he can recapture that form.

He’s absolutely staunch as f**k though.

I think the fact that we launched him from the club in early October with the best part of a year still to run tells you a lot.

Without knowing the ins and outs it doesn't take a genius to work out he wasn't an Alexander signing. GA got the job on 7th January a week after Robinson resigned, Lawless pitched up on the 15th. It seemed like one that had been in the pipeline and was just completed anyway.

He wanted to come back up the road, we were looking for players. It was a transfer of convenience.

In the end he picked up an injury after 20 mins as a sub against Rangers and he pretty much disappeared. 

This season he was given chances in the Betfred games but, goal against Queens Park aside, at no point did he look like he was even close to being able to make an impact. He just seemed an absolutely terrible fit for an Alexander side and getting caught on camera at Ibrox while we were still operating under restrictions and his complete refusal to take any sort of ownership of it when he was called out about it by fans just seems to sum him up.

The final nail so to speak was when he started against Dundee in the LC game. We lost 1-0, he was never seen in a Motherwell jersey again.

As @well fan for life says above he was absolutely fucking miles off it. To the point that it's genuinely wild to think that he even started the season with the club. 

Reading between the lines he was more than happy to leave and we were more than happy for him to f**k off and to be honest I think most of us were delighted when he did.

The comments on the post about him being mutual-ed are something else.

Edited by capt_oats

18 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

I'm hearing rumours btw, probably unsubstantiated pish but shall we just dive in?

Wighton to St Johnstone. 
Cumdog to DAFC. 

Please no. That would be an absolutely horrendous move.