Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yogi saying there’s one player that could be signed up before the Raith game and, if available, will be thrown straight in. Wonder who it could be? He also said the board have given him money for 3 players without moving anyone on. So, reading between the lines, he’ll be trying to move some players on and replace them with better quality as well as bringing 3 in already budgeted for. If we can get Dom back fit, Cummings in and under Yogi’s control, and a couple of solid central midfielders, that will give us a great chance of staying up.

Can't believe that Crawford let Thomson, Beadling and Paton go. I wasn't the biggest fan of Paton, but he's a huge upgrade on what we have now. Shite that Turner fell out with Crawford too, as Turner was improving. Those four would have given us brilliant strength starting and in depth.
Shouldn't have released any players at the height of a pandemic but this club seems to out do itself by showing its true colours at every turn.

On 31/12/2021 at 13:00, DAFC. said:

Todorov and Pybus are the two that stick in my craw. Players that will be on a decent whack just sitting on the bench doing sweet fa. Surely someone in this league fancies taking them off our hands? Especially Todorov given he scored a fair few last season? Maybe some manager in this league thinks they can get the best from him.

Pybus has been dug meat in 3 woeful sides in his time in the championship. Anyone in this league willing to take him off your hands should be immediately sacked. 

Pybus has been dug meat in 3 woeful sides in his time in the championship. Anyone in this league willing to take him off your hands should be immediately sacked. 

This. Find it hilarious he managed to get another Championship gig in the first place tbh. Then have the audacity to blame our style of play for the reason he was shite. I wonder who or what he'll blame when he's shown the door at Dunfermline and rocks up at a League 1 or 2 side.

This. Find it hilarious he managed to get another Championship gig in the first place tbh. Then have the audacity to blame our style of play for the reason he was shite. I wonder who or what he'll blame when he's shown the door at Dunfermline and rocks up at a League 1 or 2 side.
Gareth maybe

Desperately hoping we can get folk in before Saturday. That's an absolutely huge game and we must win it. 

We need some creativity. f**k knows if Lawless can help there as he barely saw the ball today and I was as confused as he appeared to be as to what his actual role was. Hughes appears to have his boys, although f**k knows why, as most of them are atrocious. 

Yogi post match confirming Martin signed an incentive-based deal to the end of the season. So he won’t cost much unless he gets fit and plays. Hopefully he returns and earns himself a place in that defence. Fully fit, he could be our best player in any of those defensive roles.

Fed up of Yogi having his favourites and them playing regardless of performance. McCann needs dropped for a bit, give the others a chance. Todd just isn’t cutting it. Vytas should 100% be playing with Connolly. At 0-0 I couldn’t believe he left Wighton on the bench. Showed what he could do until the abandonment of the Killie game and offered more than McCann v Arbroath. But McCann is Yogi’s boy, so will remain on the pitch regardless.

The midfield issues aren’t entirely Yogi’s fault. He hasn’t inherited any decent midfielders. But sticking with the same players and expecting different results is just stupid. Just as stupid as freezing out Gaspuitis, after he had been pretty solid in Yogi’s first few games.

I think having Lawless and Thomas on the park would be a lift for us, a potential for creativity. Maybe. 

We are running with the constant handicap of Yogis Boys, though.

I cant help feel, however irrational, that we are wasting and alienating some of the talent in the squad. 

If Yogi is managing to keep O Hara, Wighton, Todorov and Gasputis happy then he is basically a hypnotist. These are definitely the types of players that will come back to haunt us when they leave. 

He certainly redeemed himself from the joke figure he was a few seasons ago but I don't see the point unless Connolly/vytas goes. 

Them 2( who should be playing together) + breen and martin as back up is enough,  and that still leaves jones and graham as redundant players we should be aiming to move on. 

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He certainly redeemed himself from the joke figure he was a few seasons ago but I don't see the point unless Connolly/vytas goes. 

Them 2( who should be playing together) + breen and martin as back up is enough,  and that still leaves jones and graham as redundant players we should be aiming to move on. 

I think Graham is already away?

54 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

who should be playing together

This is spot on, if we want to be attractive to foreign talent we need to at least play them especially when they are as good if not better than anything we have in the same position.