Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Benedictus was an almost guaranteed red card when he played for Raith for some reason, and there were strong rumours we were going to sign him at one point. He's not one i'd turn down if the Pars think they need better in the league above and we remained here tbh, based on his performances this season. I guess he's earned more than enough credit to still be there for the league above though.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Benedictus was an almost guaranteed red card when he played for Raith for some reason, and there were strong rumours we were going to sign him at one point. He's not one i'd turn down if the Pars think they need better in the league above and we remained here tbh, based on his performances this season. I guess he's earned more than enough credit to still be there for the league above though.

He's club captain and got another year left. He won't be going anywhere.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Honestly, he’s been fantastic and he’s very popular with everyone at the club - staff, teammates and fans.

He’s a natural leader and has improved those around him. Our other CBs are mobile, which has taken a bit of pressure off him. The mobile players at this level also aren’t as intelligent as the ones in the championship, so he’s dealt with those that he’s had to. Despite my concerns about his fitness, he’s played every minute of the league campaign where we have set defensive records. We’ve changed our shape and personnel in defence regularly, but he’s been the one constant, so he’s been an exceptional signing for us.

In addition to what he adds on the park, he’s been great with the fans. He may have done similar at Rovers(?), but he’s given his armband away to a young kid after every game and you can see how much that means to them. Little things like that go a long way. He also leads the team to applaud the fans after every game, regardless of the result.

Could see what last week meant to him in his interview with the courier. Spoke about how disappointing it was when Raith couldn’t celebrate/finish the season cause of covid, when they won the league. I’d imagine he’s the kind of guy that’s popular at any club he plays at, because he wears his heart on his sleeve and gives his all - also tells other players when they need to up their game and praises them when they do well. Not to mention the fact he really seems to wind up the Falkirk fans, which is always nice!

That’s how Bene’s been. The leg break in 17/18 seemed to take a bit out of Bene, and the overall appearance was he wasn’t quite the player he was before the break, but by 19/20, he was well recovered, and back to the physical presence that you see from him now. He’d been Captain intermittently before the break, but after he came back he held onto it. He was the primary model for much of the Club shop clothing, and always a fan favorite. The word on him leaving was it came down to contract length, but I suspect some of that was the result of seeing Bene taken advantage of now and then while paired with Davo. I guess he was also looked at as a yellow/red machine, but that wasn’t true, as this season confirms. I’m not sure how much influence Murray had on Bene moving on, given he was only in for a week or so before Bene was reported as leaving.

Benedictus has always looked decent to me in his time at Raith. He always played well against us and he appeared the stand out free agent centre half from Championship level last season. Sadly I don't think he was ever going anywhere other than Dunfermline if he left Raith.

Should hopefully see out the rest of his career at EEP. New fans' favourite.

A defence of Euan Murray, Kyle Benedictus, and Sam Fisher next season would be fantastic. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

There were a few Falkirk fans who called him Penedictus, it was odd. 

Cause they’re obsessed weirdos. A normal person would look at a defender’s defensive stats, but Falkirk fans focus on the fact he only scored penalties. They’re as clueless as the Cardiff chairman who questioned why the goalkeeper didn’t score any goals!

Don’t think Benedictus showed much love for McGlynn in his post match interview/drunken lairy ramble after the Queens game. Saying how proud he was that we do our talking on the pitch etc rather than bumping our gums about how good we are unlike some people. He got a bit hung out to dry over the Goodwill situation, put in a shameful position by his employers. Maybe reading too much into it but that wasn’t a standard “all due respect to Falkirk” line that he came out with. 

Brilliant signing anyway. Probably our single most influential player since Brewster or El Bak in his 30 goal season. 

A lot of wee teamers saying he'll be caught out a league up.

I'd accept that sue to everything else he brings with him. It's not like Toddy, Norrie or Robbo were blessed with incredible pace but they could defend brilliantly.

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Doesn't it cost a few quid to appeal? And if it fails it could end up more?

Aberdeen appealed Shinnies' red last week, it was rejected, the appeal was deemed "frivolous" & the ban extended by a game.