Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The NW looked a bit sparse for the Airdrie game - have folk bought season tickets but didn't go for whatever reason? (The Norrie looked awfy bare too FWIW, but that wasn't being advertised as being sold out).

Aye, though that was a bit strange. Was still peak holiday season, so thought maybe folk on holiday.

7 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

The NW looked a bit sparse for the Airdrie game - have folk bought season tickets but didn't go for whatever reason? (The Norrie looked awfy bare too FWIW, but that wasn't being advertised as being sold out).

Three of us with season tickets were at Rebellion festival in Blackpool. Would imagine a lot of others were on holiday also.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye I thought the same thing from my seat in the Norrie. My guess is loads of young aspiring SNW guys buying tickets anywhere in the NW then all crowding together in the SNW bit.

Was a bit disappointing as I was looking forward to seeing a full stand but there were empty seats, more than I expected. However, it’s still holiday season and as I said there could have been capacity in there, just squished into one bit.

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Wonder if there's a half chance he makes the squad against Raith? 

Depends if he's training alone or in with the whole squad, if it's the later then hopefully! If not won't be too long.

43 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Don't want him rushed back I'm the slightest but great to see him back training.

This. As much as I want to see him back marauding down the right channel, I don't want to see him rush back and injure himself again. We've proven in the first 2 games that we can cope without him, so I'm sure they'll be patient as they are with most.

Kane’s been back training for a couple of weeks now - I’m sure the manager’s even mentioned this in interviews. He was back training around the time Mehmet got injured. Again, I think that was mentioned as a bit of good news when the club announced Mehmet’s injury.

He’s not been out that long tbf so if he’s in training - even not full contact - then he’s not going to be a million miles away by 26th.

I think McPake and Mackay have shown with MOH though that they will not rush players back, even when we are short of numbers.

I don’t expect KRH to be involved at all but even a 15/20 minute cameo at the end would be tremendous.

After the rovers game we are away to ICT then off a week for the international break. Probably best to leave him until the away game with Queens Park on 16/09.

Edited by pawpar
missed a bit

7 minutes ago, pawpar said:

After the rovers game we are away to ICT then off a week for the international break. Probably best to leave him until the away game with Queens Park on 16/09.

We should have a Challenge Cup tie during the international break so may also be useful for helping him get back to full fitness.

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Anyone know what Kane’s injury actually was? Sure Mackay said it was something that wouldn’t bother him in the future but something that needed fixed at the time. Hopefully he’s not far off.

Ankle.

Club felt 8-12 weeks and Raith game takes place just over 7 weeks since the surgery.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

We should have a Challenge Cup tie during the international break so may also be useful for helping him get back to full fitness.

Hoping we get some muck B team that's stumbled their way through or a foreign tie