Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

The Courier have us and Queens Park in for Chris Kane, I'd imagine he'll go there

Deary me, played under Callum Davidson as well at St Johnstone. 

I suppose there's a chance he doesn't just walk into that team in place of Paton, whereas he'd be that automatic start for us.

St Johnstone fan on the QP thread making it sound like he's likely Glasgow bound due to the link up with Davidson, however did say he was a top flight level striker a couple of years back when St Johnstone were going through that really good spell, cup double etc. Good player, I think I made some crazy claim that he would be a Scotland international within a year when St Johnstone were going through that purple patch but hey ho...  

Edited by The Toun Clock

7 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Noticed the boys weren't training again this morning unless they're elsewhere. I'd imagine after a scudding like that it'll be video analysis up at East End for hours.

Inside saying goodbye to McPake.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Inside saying goodbye to McPake.

Would make many a Pars fans day but I can't see it. Funnily enough, McPake's coat peg probably isn't all that shoogily at the moment. Our board really don't pull the trigger easily, I think they might have been planning to let Yogi stay when we got relegated two years ago but he resigned once the dust settled and they kept Peter Grant for a long longer than they should have.

I personally want him to stay and have a fair crack at it without nine first team injuries all season.

We also didn't train at the usual time last Monday after the 0-5 battering from Morton so can only imagine they are all up in the players lounge at East End doing analysis.

36 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I’d also like to see Holmes getting a bit more of a chance, maybe even give him a start in place of McCann, I think he needs a break as he looks spent. 

100% agree. While he had very little to work with, I thought there were small signs that suggest Holmes could be useful. McCann as a striker is a luxury we cannot afford - if he's injured or not fully fit, he should be rested; if he's fully fit, he's not good enough. 

At this stage, if there's no signings by weekend, I'm pretty much ready to take risks I wouldn't otherwise take. Certain truths need to be challenged, and I'm going to start with one I've subscribed to until the QP game: "Hamilton needs to play in defence because we have noone else". Hamilton needs to move up into midfield in place of Allan - the result at weekend show Hamilton can't stop goals even when he's in defence, and the lack of any foothold in midfield is adding more pressure on the back line. So we might as well play him in midfield. In his defensive place, give Fenton another go - I thought he did reasonably well away to QP. It's a risk but the status quo can't continue.

In terms of Fagan-Walcott and Benjamin, jury is out but I liked the look of Fagan-Walcott at Tannadice more than I liked Benjamin at weekend, and I don't think you can play both until they are more proven.

Matty Todd can't come back quick enough...

27 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would make many a Pars fans day but I can't see it. Funnily enough, McPake's coat peg probably isn't all that shoogily at the moment. Our board really don't pull the trigger easily, I think they might have been planning to let Yogi stay when we got relegated two years ago but he resigned once the dust settled and they kept Peter Grant for a long longer than they should have.

I personally want him to stay and have a fair crack at it without nine first team injuries all season.

We also didn't train at the usual time last Monday after the 0-5 battering from Morton so can only imagine they are all up in the players lounge at East End doing analysis.

Found it interesting this guy bothered to tweet about it.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Who's that guy? Can't say I recognise him from the normal Scottish football journalists. 

I'm not at all convinced that McPake has it in him to turn this around, I think the injuries have totally defeated him. 

However looking at the available managers out there gives me the utter fear, and I'd have even less faith in the board picking a good one. 

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He seems to be a nobody, that tweets rubbish in the hopes that one or two things prove to be correct, so he can pretend he’s ’in the know’. If he’s wrong, he’ll just delete it.

I’d be very surprised if McPake is punted before the weekend. However, if we lose this weekend, I’m expecting an announcement next Monday morning.

24 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

be very surprised if McPake is punted before the weekend. However, if we lose this weekend, I’m expecting an announcement next Monday morning.

I don’t think they’ll punt him at all. I think the injury list will prevent it. 

37 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Who's that guy? Can't say I recognise him from the normal Scottish football journalists. 

Had it in my head he was at Sky Sports, but apparently he left there 10 years ago (?! Im old)

I don't think it's really credible for the club to accept relegation without at least trying a change of manager. The financial cost of relegation is bad enough but letting the ship sink without at least appearing to take any corrective action will see support plummet which drives fans from the club, reduces secondary revenue, etc. The point for changing the manager might not be this week, it might not even be next week, but the prospect of just crashing and burning feels more damaging than buying out his contract.

I'm still supportive of McPake - on the whole, I think he's been great and I genuinely think he's been dealt a shit hand. Were it not for the injuries, I think we'd already be clear of relegation. But it's his job to try and find a way through the crisis. Sure, the board are just as culpable but they aren't about to sack themselves.

Of most concern is the nature of recent performances - last few weeks have been the absolute worst of the season with the team looking more disjointed, pedestrian and one-dimensional than I can remember. Sleep-walking into relegation would be absolutely criminal - half the squad could disappear on the cheap, and not the weaker of the squad either: Otoo and Edwards would be well justified in looking for an exit (at a much reduced price than we could demand until now), Hamilton would do well to put his loyalty aside and go try and make something of his career, the loanees are unlikely to see the club as a solid prospect, etc. 

Something has to change soon. Hopefully it's with a win on Saturday but if not, the board need to find a backbone and quick.