Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

WTF is with McCann continuing to time his jumps so poorly? Especially in the box, it must be an instruction. Nobody at this level surely mistimes so many attempts at heading a ball. 

Honestly, it’s madness. The guy can’t judge a high ball at all. But then, why do we keep punting high balls in his direction? At some point, part of the blame has to be on those who keep trying the tactic that never comes off. I also don’t understand how/why he hasn’t been coached on his technique in the air, he always looks so awkward. Thats not just on the current coaching staff, that’s on everyone going back to Crawford and the youth coaches when he was coming through.

It’s actually really confusing, cause he’s good at attacking set pieces, but can’t do it in open play.

46 minutes ago, Nat Weederburn said:

Don't worry guys, our German overlords will have budgeted for the relegation playoffs to get the extra revenue to fund the title charge next season (in League 1)

I read elsewhere that they haven't taken up their whole share option after their loans to the club.  Doesn't really demonstrate commitment to me if that's the case. Surely the worry is if their business model fails they just leave us in the lurch. 

5 minutes ago, North West said:

I read elsewhere that they haven't taken up their whole share option after their loans to the club.  Doesn't really demonstrate commitment to me if that's the case. Surely the worry is if their business model fails they just leave us in the lurch. 

This was explained at the time. They invested with convertible loan notes, that have the condition that they will be converted to shares at a certain point in time. This is also written in black and white in the accounts that everyone discussed the other week.

The reason it wasn’t immediate capital investment was to do with the fact that they couldn’t be in Scotland regularly enough (there were still covid restrictions), to justify owning majority shares.

IMG_8059.jpeg

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

This was explained at the time. They invested with convertible loan notes, that have the condition that they will be converted to shares at a certain point in time. This is also written in black and white in the accounts that everyone discussed the other week.

The reason it wasn’t immediate capital investment was to do with the fact that they couldn’t be in Scotland regularly enough (there were still covid restrictions), to justify owning majority shares.

IMG_8059.jpeg

Nah, it's not explained why they haven't converted their loan into shares when they can do so anytime they like. Pretty sure they admitted as much at the meeting with the Patrons. It's a fair question. 

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

At 1-0, we were restricting Rovers well and had a lot of the ball. Otoo and Hamilton were doing a great job, Summers and Todd had been poor. He brought Otoo off and seemed to be shaking his head at the fans who were booing his decision. But, the fans were proven correct here and the team completely fell apart after he changed the part of the team that was actually working.

I was baffled by this at the time. The base of your midfield was dominating the game, but there was nothing happening in front of them. Getting McCann on made perfect sense, but Ritchie-Hosler had done absolutely nothing, Todd had disappeared and Summers wasn't much more than a busy fool. Any one of those three coming off would've made infinitely more sense than removing Otoo. 

1 minute ago, North West said:

Nah, it's not explained why they haven't converted their loan into shares when they can do so anytime they like. Pretty sure they admitted as much at the meeting with the Patrons. It's a fair question. 

They don’t need to. There’s no rush to. The whole point was investing capital, which they did. As I say, the wording is very clear “will be repaid by the issuing of new equity”.

Yes, it’s a fair question, but they have almost 2 years to convert it into shares, there’s a fair bit of admin/paperwork/legal documents involved in doing that though and it’s probably not a wise way of spending time/money, when the issues on the park and the training ground will no doubt be taking a lot of time and are very clearly costing a lot of money.

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They don’t need to. There’s no rush to. The whole point was investing capital, which they did. As I say, the wording is very clear “will be repaid by the issuing of new equity”.

Yes, it’s a fair question, but they have almost 2 years to convert it into shares, there’s a fair bit of admin/paperwork/legal documents involved in doing that though and it’s probably not a wise way of spending time/money, when the issues on the park and the training ground will no doubt be taking a lot of time and are very clearly costing a lot of money.

So we're both saying they can convert the shares now, they've just chosen not to.

Yes I agree there is a lot of work to get through and that like every thing else is about leadership and priorities. Would be good to hear a clear and coherent business strategy from them. 

The Otoo change was a madness. Didn't look tired, didn't look Injured. Was hardly having an absolute blinder but easily the best of a bad bunch. 

32 minutes ago, North West said:

So we're both saying they can convert the shares now, they've just chosen not to.

Yes I agree there is a lot of work to get through and that like every thing else is about leadership and priorities. Would be good to hear a clear and coherent business strategy from them. 

I never said they couldn’t. But I agree that communication is terrible from the club. Would be nice to get some updates regarding the long term vision and how things are progressing (or aren’t) in relation to our vision/plan. It’s not good enough to keep saying there’s a long term vision/plan, but not give any updates.

51 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

The Otoo change was a madness. Didn't look tired, didn't look Injured. Was hardly having an absolute blinder but easily the best of a bad bunch. 

It was 100% a tactical choice, a choice that was proven to be a poor one

Obviously this can't happen since a lot of these are, unfortunately, under contract for next season, but imagine if you could punt any player at the end of the season; who would you release?

I'd punt the following:

- Mehmet 

- Little

- Fenton

- Benjamin 

- Breen

- Allan

- Chalmers

- Summers

- McCann

- O'Halloran

- Jakubiak

- Wighton 

- Kane

- Holmes 

18 minutes ago, perthsaint1977 said:

What's the story with Kane? Injured I assume? 

Aye I think so mate, would he 100% starting the game if fit. He signed and played home to Arbroath, then the following Friday in the win at Thistle. However he missed the midweek game in Inverness due to illness. Apparently crawled off the sickbed to score on the Ayr game then was missing midweek again due to “fatigue”. Fully expected him to play yesterday until someone touted on Saturday morning that he was out, and they were unfortunately right.

He's the only real striker at the club apart from one of the academy graduates. Ali McCann’s wee brother Lewis is about as much use as a button on a sock at the moment and Jakubiak is better playing wide of a three as opposed to through the middle.

11 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I think so mate, would he 100% starting the game if fit. He signed and played home to Arbroath, then the following Friday in the win at Thistle. However he missed the midweek game in Inverness due to illness. Apparently crawled off the sickbed to score on the Ayr game then was missing midweek again due to “fatigue”. Fully expected him to play yesterday until someone touted on Saturday morning that he was out, and they were unfortunately right.

He's the only real striker at the club apart from one of the academy graduates. Ali McCann’s wee brother Lewis is about as much use as a button on a sock at the moment and Jakubiak is better playing wide of a three as opposed to through the middle.

Cheers. He had a torrid time with us the last 12/15 months (hence he's out for game time). Hopefully nothing too serious 

52 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Obviously this can't happen since a lot of these are, unfortunately, under contract for next season, but imagine if you could punt any player at the end of the season; who would you release?

I'd punt the following:

- Mehmet 

- Little

- Fenton

- Benjamin 

- Breen

- Allan

- Chalmers

- Summers

- McCann

- O'Halloran

- Jakubiak

- Wighton 

- Kane

- Holmes 

Can't argue with this list really, other than Kane - he's a great addition to squad and I would be trying to add another striker to complement him.

It's quite clear we aren't going to clean out that whole list so it's a question of priorities. Goalkeeper and forwards are my top priority now. If we assume we have better luck with injuries next season, defence and midfield needs tinkering while goalkeeper and forwards are now critical. I'm done with Mehmet unfortunately and I think the lack of quality forwards has been a major issue all season. I'd be starting with those positions and working from there. 

Still OK with McPake but like everyone else, performance levels need to improve. Needs to find more out of his coaching team and the squad. Don't think this is currently a fair reflection of him as a manager. And being honest, if we sacked him, I don't have confidence about what managers are on the market.