Walking Down The Halbeath Road

13 hours ago, Well over Par said:

Remember Andy Smith?

Of course I do I'm 52! Andy Smith scored a barrowload of goals for us after being a total cock and a snake for Airdrie. Brian Graham however, is a total cock and a snake that has never scored a single goal for us.

On 06/04/2024 at 23:42, DA Baracus said:

Nah that's just silly.

Compare the records of both players at this level and there's a clear winner.

Chris Kane - 50 championship games, 22 goals and 6 assists. Goal involvement every 1.78 games

Brian Graham - 280 championship games, 98 goals, 30 assists. Goal involvement every 2.19 games

Am I missing something? Worth noting, adding assists actually makes it closer. On game/mins per goal, Kane is much better.

Just matching championship only stats, Kane has a better record.   That said it’s skewed by the little (relative) time he has played at this level.  Be interesting to do that same exercise based purely on Premiership games?

Regardless, Kane is a huge upgrade on Wighton.

For some reason I can't recall Peter Grant popped in to my head earlier.

He hasn't had a managerial job in not far off two and a half years.

John Hughes hasn't had a managerial job after leaving us either.

Almost like they were both massively exposed.

32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They were exposed before they came to us TBF, we just had an utterly wild recruitment policy that year.  Mcpake has been ok but I still utterly fear what will happen once he leaves.

On 07/04/2024 at 21:45, da_no_1 said:

Of course I do I'm 52! Andy Smith scored a barrowload of goals for us after being a total cock and a snake for Airdrie. Brian Graham however, is a total cock and a snake that has never scored a single goal for us.

🤣

13 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

It’s no coincidence that Mr stubborn “I don’t need to make any subs” Allan Johnstone is no longer in management either. 
Feckin infuriating manager, and what he did to Fass was just cunty 

Hughes seemed to have turned a corner at Ross County tbf. Alas, he was still the dim charlatan we feared. Not quite Peter Grant, but definitely up there. Peter Grant quite easily the worst manager we have had in my lifetime, and that takes some doing to beat Davie fucking Hay. 

13 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Hughes seemed to have turned a corner at Ross County tbf. Alas, he was still the dim charlatan we feared. Not quite Peter Grant, but definitely up there. Peter Grant quite easily the worst manager we have had in my lifetime, and that takes some doing to beat Davie fucking Hay. 

I have to admit that I never thought I’d live long enough to see a Pars manager as bad as Hay, then came Grant. 
I doubt we’ll ever get worse than him?

7 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I have to admit that I never thought I’d live long enough to see a Pars manager as bad as Hay, then came Grant. 
I doubt we’ll ever get worse than him?

Would take some doing, but wouldn't put it beyond the club. 

55 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Have to say I doubted we'd ever get to this stage - really good to see progress off the pitch.

I’m so happy we didn’t bin this project. I’m now looking forward to seeing it produce some up and coming talent 

Anyone else read this thread on .net speculating about our chances in the premier in the unlikely event that we went up this season? 
Personally I think our board would dig deep if we were to go up, and finance a bit more experienced players to bolster the squad we have right now. Naturally some of our current players will be disappointed, but as my old gaffer used to say “you have to break eggs to make an omelette” 

Anyhoo, I think our board would give enough funds to have a decent go at staying up. Thoughts? 

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1927866&t=1927866

Edited by Wacky

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Anyone else read this thread on .net speculating about our chances in the premier in the unlikely event that we went up this season? 
Personally I think our board would dig deep if we were to go up, and finance a bit more experienced players to bolster the squad we have right now. Naturally some of our current players will be disappointed, but as my old gaffer used to say “you have to break eggs to make an omelette” 

Anyhoo, I think our board would give enough funds to have a decent go at staying up. Thoughts? 

https://dafc.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=1927866&t=1927866

I have my doubts about them digging deep in terms of going into overspend.  I do think they’d look at the increase in income and invest in a better squad, but nothing daft.  The strategy will not change, and why would it?  They’re here for the long haul, and if we were to go up, they’d argue with some merit that the current strategy is working.

I think finishing 9th is unlikely.  Similarly while a better chance of finishing 4th, I just think Airdrie have enough in them to pull out some surprise results in their run in to get there.  

For us to hot streak into 4th, and then win the 3 sets of playoff fixtures and go up, it would be the most incredible finish to a season, ever.

It’s never been done to finish 4th and go up via the playoffs to the premier league.  I don’t see this Dunfermline side being the first to do it.

If we did somehow go up (I don't think we will) then I don't see why the board would need to 'dig deep'. 

The budget would substantially increase due to huge jumps in sponsorship, TV and match day revenue. The club would also be more attractive to potential players simply due to playing in a higher league.