Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Scott McMann would be a tremendous signing, very surprised United have let him go especially since he was in the TOTS.

Hope we're in for him and Logan Chalmers. 

Almost all championship clubs will be sniffing around a big chunk of that Dundee Utd release list and both Hanlon and Stevenson. Time will tell, although Stevenson to Raith seems a given. 

2 hours ago, parsboi said:

There are several on the Dundee United released list that would be much more like it. 

2 hours ago, Gibb20 said:

Chris Mochrie bring him home

2 hours ago, Well over Par said:

I liked Mochrie 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Logan Chalmers over Mochrie for me.

Declan Glass is an interesting one

1 hour ago, HoBNob said:

Logan Chalmers though? Come on down pal.... 

Mcmann would be a great replacement for Edwards

1 hour ago, Gibb20 said:

I think getting any of one of Chalmers, Mochrie, Glass or McMann would be a good start to the summer.

1 hour ago, Parscelona said:

Scott McMann would be a tremendous signing...

Hope we're in for him and Logan Chalmers. 

We're going to sign Mark Birighitti, aren't we?

13 hours ago, BPM said:

It is not a silly question. I am asking your opinion. My opinion is probably very few if any. DU possibly. You lost a game drew a good few more too. We didn't there in lies the difference. 

We lost one game and you lost none, that’s the difference. If we didn’t lose to Montrose we’d also be invincible’s regardless of how many draws.

I actually think a team more like Raith or Thistle would have a better chance of going unbeaten in League One. Dundee Utd were very predictable with the best players available. I don’t think many teams in L1 would have kept up with Raith when they were at their best. Anyway, it’s all if’s, buts and maybe’s.

10 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

I was at the meeting and he never made a clear cut statement, it was a question from the floor about existing loans returning and he just gave the expected response of if we think a deal can be done that suits both parties then it would be.

Not sure what @The Toun Clock thinks but I thought Cooks demeanor was pretty poor and at times dismissive last night. For example there was a perfectly reasonable question about the toilets in the NW not being fit for purpose for a club with ambitions of top flight football. His response essentially was we don't have a bottomless pot of money so not much can be done, maybe I just misinterpreted but I thought there was times where he could have elaborated more.

Aye I felt he was a bit like that, however I've also seen him do it a few times and he was quite similar. I think he thought he might have been coming along to more of a grilling than he's got previously but the nature of the questions were all pretty decent, some roaster questions, people asking a football manager "have you ever considered a pressing game" was wild.

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Think I'd prefer Cammy Kerr if possible to Welch Hayes

Seen enough from Cammy Kerr playing for Inverness this season, don't think he's better than Comrie. He also comes across as one of those decent honest pro types, a bit like Comrie and I want some thugs signed up to be fair, like that season we were powder-puff and our first signing of the next window was Jason Talbot who had only recently decapitated Sam Nicholson.

3 hours ago, Enigma said:

There’s a rumour going around we’ve already agreed a pre-contract deal with Chalmers.

Aye I heard this too.

11 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Would not be fussed for Chalmers, Mochrie, Stevenson or Hanlon. 

Hanlon possibly. The rest, decidedly meh.....

51 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Stevenson would do a job if we lose Edwards, but chances are he will go to the wee team?

Not like for like, I highly doubt Stevenson could play all but 12 minutes of a season at his age.

Would take Hanlon but Stevenson for Edwards isn't an ideal swap. If ICT go down, we should be looking at Cammy Harper. Really can't see us getting McMann, but you never know. 

A defence of McMann-Hanlon-Bene-MFW-Comrie would be unreal, but that's FM fantasy stuff IMO. If we want a squad like that, the board are going to have to dig deep. We'd also need to shift a few of the deadwood on. 

Edwards to Stevenson would be a monumental downgrade. Would liked to have seen us try for Ethan Sutherland from St Mirren (on loan at Alloa) but presume he'll have bigger offers,  Looks a player.

Stevenson is only 37. Hardly ancient and if he keeps up his fitness won't be breaking down after 10 minutes. It's 2024, not 1994.

55 minutes ago, Gibb20 said:

Edwards to Stevenson would be a monumental downgrade. Would liked to have seen us try for Ethan Sutherland from St Mirren (on loan at Alloa) but presume he'll have bigger offers,  Looks a player.

Getting watched by Man City and Chelsea, good luck.

Stevenson would be a fine replacement for Edwards, anyone thinking otherwise is silly. What he may lack in gut busting runs he makes up for in defensive know how and bags of experience.

I may well get shot down here but whenever I've seen Logan Chalmers play I've not been overly fussed. Admittedly I missed the game at East End earlier in the season where he scored and Ayr won, so perhaps it's just been when I've seen him. Mochrie done okay with us in L1 but I think he's a bit of a luxury player. However, if you're giving me the chance of having Joe Chalmers/Paul Allan or Mochrie then I'm going with the latter every day of the week. I've always liked the look of Declan Glass too.

Be lying if I said I didn't like this time of the season. I think we have a solid foundation but we need quality.

I'd be happy to get Logan Chalmers in. Looked decent when I've seen him including the last game of the season. I actually thought he'd be a good addition when watching it, not realising he'd be available so get it done!

I think he's started a few games for them this season and did look a bit better. I'm not fussed either way tbh. It would be one I'd judge once seeing, if it did happen