Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, The Marly said:

He will definitely sign for you guys.  Double winning legend who will always be held in high regard by Saints fans, but the time is right for him to move on.  Cheers Kano.

He was very good for us in his loan spell. Finished the season as our joint top scorer in the league, despite only playing 10 games. A permanent deal seems like a no-brainer for all parties. For us, he clearly improves our squad and Is better than our other options. For him, he gets regular first team football, which is important at this stage of his career. Also comes into an environment that he knows his teammates and manager and they’ve been able to get the best out of him in the last few months. He looked like he was really enjoying his football.

Hopefully he can get a full pre-season under his belt and overcome his fitness/injury issues. I wasn’t keen on the loan deal at the time, given his injury history. But he proved me wrong and I’ll be delighted if he joins permanently.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

He was very good for us in his loan spell. Finished the season as our joint top scorer in the league, despite only playing 10 games. A permanent deal seems like a no-brainer for all parties. For us, he clearly improves our squad and Is better than our other options. For him, he gets regular first team football, which is important at this stage of his career. Also comes into an environment that he knows his teammates and manager and they’ve been able to get the best out of him in the last few months. He looked like he was really enjoying his football.

Hopefully he can get a full pre-season under his belt and overcome his fitness/injury issues. I wasn’t keen on the loan deal at the time, given his injury history. But he proved me wrong and I’ll be delighted if he joins permanently.

I was the same, I didn’t think he was the right man for us when he came in, he shut ma gub tho. 
I think almost all Pars fans will be happy to have him signed up. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

If Jakubiak signs a new deal then that'd be us done in terms of forwards I'd imagine.

Yep, I'd be very happy with that. Kane should be able to be a huge goal threat for us, and Jak, Wighton will be great compliment to Kane..IF that all happens. 

If we can also shift on the dead wood and replace with decent squad players that will challenge the usual suspects (Otoo, Hamilton, Todd etc), we'll be doing very well. Replacing Edwards won't be as difficult as I think some others have said. Great player, yes, but not someone I'll lose sleep over. Actually happy for him. We should be able to replace. Or has McPake seen enough in Fenton to promote him and give him a shot? It is the club's mantra these days, after all. 

I'd not be upset either way if Jakubiak stays or goes. Good player but 2 goals in 28 games doesn't cut it no matter how you dress it up. I'd expect to see more of Taylor Sutherland next season as well unless he gets loaned out.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

I'd not be upset either way if Jakubiak stays or goes. Good player but 2 goals in 28 games doesn't cut it no matter how you dress it up. I'd expect to see more of Taylor Sutherland next season as well unless he gets loaned out.

I'd prefer to see Sutherland given more opportunities off the bench next season, but I think Mccann might need to move on first. Unless he can start looking better than Mccann in training and get ahead of him.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I like him as a squad player. If he's got a free kick like against Arbroath in his arsenal, he'd be well worth having. Just get the forwards looking for fouls that distance out. 

He needs to up his general game though. I feel he runs about not contributing inthe way you'd normally see a midfield player. Maybe it's the system we're playing though, it doesn't help. 

We can’t be keeping boys on because they can score from a dead ball situation. Also worth noting he only scored one free kick so not quite David Beckham just yet. You said it yourself, Paul Allan doesn’t contribute enough in general play inside the 90 mins.

McCann needs to move on for his career. It's totally on him now, he's no youngster anymore. 

I'd be a little annoyed if Jak stays. We need more goals up front. Bags of effort but the end quality is lacking. More than happy to be proven wrong but thr stats don't lie.

27 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

McCann needs to move on for his career. It's totally on him now, he's no youngster anymore. 

I'd be a little annoyed if Jak stays. We need more goals up front. Bags of effort but the end quality is lacking. More than happy to be proven wrong but thr stats don't lie.

Agree re McCann, he needs the move to kick start his career.  Maybe first 6 months on loan to league 1 this season coming to see if that gets him going.

Jakubiaks best return in any season in his career in terms of goals, was 6 in 31 appearances for Dundee.  Hes 27 years old.  Hes never going to be prolific.  For me he had two excellent games for us, and then little productivity otherwise.  If we want to progress, he’s not the answer.

I think all of the above is very fair comment but I don't think I'd be releasing Jak until we had someone signed that's a clear upgrade. His goal return aside, I actually thought he contributed more than I think folk give him credit for and some of his apparent failings were symptomatic of our form or an impotent attacking threat of the wider team. We sort that more general issue and I think he may prove to be more useful. No denying he wasted some great opportunities though. However, I'd be looking to offload a number of players before I'd be questioning Jak's position in the squad - McCann, Moffat, MOH, Chalmers, Allan, etc.

Livingston have produced there released list and there's a couple of players of interest. 

Out of Contract and leaving the club

Bruce Anderson
Morgan Boyes
Kurtis Guthrie
Jack Hamilton
Joel Nouble
Ayo Obileye
James Penrice
Andrew Shinnie

Automatic Relegation Release Clause and leaving the club

Michael Devlin
Jason Holt

Returning to Parent Club after loan

Dan MacKay

Under Contract but Available for Transfer

Stephen Bradley (at players own request)
David Carson
Mo Sangare
Miles Welch-Hayes

MWH would add good depth, and Carson would be a very good signing. I'd be delighted with that. 

As well as that, at Dundee Shaun Byrne has been released. You'd expect him go to Raith though. 

9 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I noticed looking through our twitter followers that a couple folk with the surname Meekison have started following the Pars.

Is that the laddie from Dundee Utd? Can’t say I know much about him, he didn’t feature much for Utd. 

4 hours ago, Wacky said:

Is that the laddie from Dundee Utd? Can’t say I know much about him, he didn’t feature much for Utd. 

Can’t say I know much about him. But he was highly rated as recently as 18 months ago. Quick google search tells me he’s just turned 22, seems to be an attacking midfielder. It’s a position we need to be strengthening, so I’d be happy enough with that. Our recruitment has been fairly good, when it comes to identifying these younger players with potential to improve the squad.