Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The Courier have ran another article on the released guys but this time with Dave McKay input. It focuses on Allan and Jak, saying they both wanted to keep Allan but didn’t have the budget to do that. Not sure if that’s to worry about or purely we can’t just keep him to be nice, we have a wage available and it has to go to improving. Said they liked Jak too but sounds similar to the Allan story. 

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

The Courier have ran another article on the released guys but this time with Dave McKay input. It focuses on Allan and Jak, saying they both wanted to keep Allan but didn’t have the budget to do that. Not sure if that’s to worry about or purely we can’t just keep him to be nice, we have a wage available and it has to go to improving. Said they liked Jak too but sounds similar to the Allan story. 

I'm predicting that we're on a techt budget

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Wish more guys were leaving. There's too many mediocre players at the club.

Not sure if Little leaving means they have someone else in mind; could just be that he wanted to go when his contract expires. Was it not reported that he's been wanting away? Been benched for Sharpe must have made his mind up. Talking of Sharpe, I desperately hope the management is looking to bring him in.

Harrison Sharp? Please no. He was dreadful. Basic errors cost us a lot of goals, 2 v Partick, 1 v Inverness and 1 v United, off the top of my head. 

6 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Harrison Sharp? Please no. He was dreadful. Basic errors cost us a lot of goals, 2 v Partick, 1 v Inverness and 1 v United, off the top of my head. 

Aye, he was rotten.

Yeah, I think the losses, coupled with the money the likes of Mehmet, O'Halloran etc will be on is going to hurt us, but it won't kill us in the crib. I still think we'll be able to get 3 or 4 really decent signings made that will improve us massively. It just means a small squad that we need to hope stays fit and injury-free. Hopefully with the new facilities that can happen. 

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Doesn't sound like we'll replace them with anyone, nae cash.

I don’t have a clue about the clubs finances, only that they are openly saying they spent/lost a fortune in the division one season, so how do you know there’s no cash? I’m not doubting you, but genuinely asking how you know this? 

2 minutes ago, Wacky said:

I don’t have a clue about the clubs finances, only that they are openly saying they spent/lost a fortune in the division one season, so how do you know there’s no cash? I’m not doubting you, but genuinely asking how you know this? 

Surmising from Dave Mackays comments in the courier article.

Sad to see Paul Allan go, liked him as a player. He's probably just unfortunate that his contract is up when they are trying to squeeze more quality out the budget.

Obviously getting Chris Kane in, presuming the press talk is right, won't be cheap but it's absolutely the right place for us to prioritise spending imo.

Just now, Rob1885 said:

Surmising from Dave Mackays comments in the courier article.

Fair, but we must have a player budget, and getting those guys off the wage bill will surely free more coin up for more signings 

We're not going to overpay for guys like Allan and Jak. They had odd moments but not exactly crucial to our squad. Easily replaceable. 

Chris Kane is the level of player our funds should be aimed at.

27 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

We're not going to overpay for guys like Allan and Jak. They had odd moments but not exactly crucial to our squad. Easily replaceable. 

Chris Kane is the level of player our funds should be aimed at.

Totally this. There'll be money there, but it'll be focused on guys with the quality of Kane, MFW, etc. Guys that are top end quality, the type we need if we are serious about getting promoted. 

Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I don't think that Allan quote means we're skint. 

As fans we're presuming that Allan will be on buttons because he's not a starter, is local and has came through the youth system. 

On the other side Allan is 24 years old, if he's asking for a starters wage but we don't see him on that level then it's true enough it's a financial decision but it doesn't necessarily mean we're skint. McPake and Cook were at the meeting a couple of weeks ago saying how there was money to sign players, as well as the player released we had loan players going back. 

Let's not panic yet. 

Give it a few weeks though 😏

I can't imagine the likes of Allan, Fenton and the other youngsters were on big wages by any means. Jakubiak was probably on the highest out of that lot.

It's a good start as none of them were good enough for a promotion pushing side.

Hopefully we can free up more of the budget by encouraging an Arbroath, ICT or QOTS type side to take Chalmers & O'Halloran off our hands.