Walking Down The Halbeath Road

14 hours ago, AuldReekie said:

Would be good if folk didn't repeat stories that sound like utter nonsense. Management team clearly said a few weeks ago Kane would return for league cup games. 

I’m sure McPake also said that Kane would get game time against StMirren, yet wasn’t in the squad? 
People repeat things they heard in the pub, in the stands, in the bakers all the time. You claim it to be “utter nonsense” how do you know? 
For the record I don’t know what happened if anything at all, hence why I said in my post that “I don’t know about this”, and also used the word “apparently” 

People repeat rumours on here all the time, I won’t be the first nor will I be the last. 

No criticism of Wacky. He's a good positive pars man

I'm pretty sure the manager said Kane would get game time against st.mirren. if pre-season is all about getting minutes in the legs as some have said how has he not had any ? injury?

They said before the friendlies  he'd back for the league cup games. Possibly managing his injury situation as they know he's a key player, might need more recovery time or something. 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’m sure McPake also said that Kane would get game time against StMirren, yet wasn’t in the squad? 
People repeat things they heard in the pub, in the stands, in the bakers all the time. You claim it to be “utter nonsense” how do you know? 
For the record I don’t know what happened if anything at all, hence why I said in my post that “I don’t know about this”, and also used the word “apparently” 

People repeat rumours on here all the time, I won’t be the first nor will I be the last. 

If we all repeated every rumour we heard, this place would be the absolute pits and the support would be utterly miserable. 

It'll become clearer soon enough if there's an issue. 

18 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I did hear a whisper that there’s been a wee fall out with Kane. These things happen at every club.

Did ye aye?

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

I’m sure McPake also said that Kane would get game time against StMirren, yet wasn’t in the squad

When did he say that, as has been pointed out a few times now after the cove game he said he wouldn’t be playing until the league cup?

Posted (edited)

Even if McPake said he'd get game time against St Mirren, that doesn't mean there's a falling out. He's maybe just not ready. Which is still a concern, but I've got better things to do with my day than gossip about worst-case scenarios on the internet. ;) 

Edited by AuldReekie

Mackay on Saturday: "A lot of boys have yet to get quite up to speed, Chris Kane is back training and he will be involved on Wednesday." 

There's more chance of Rangers giving us £750k for McCann than an experienced professional and grown adult having a tantrum about not playing against St Mirren in a friendly. 

50 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Mackay on Saturday: "A lot of boys have yet to get quite up to speed, Chris Kane is back training and he will be involved on Wednesday." 

There's more chance of Rangers giving us £750k for McCann than an experienced professional and grown adult having a tantrum about not playing against St Mirren in a friendly. 

But Enigma is convinced this happened. We need "clarity"

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

But Enigma is convinced this happened. We need "clarity"

I demand a board statement or even better a cartoon. 

On 07/07/2024 at 12:25, 101 said:

Didn’t the manager say he was ready for the league cup campaign now and didn’t need any more minutes in the friendlies 

This.

22 hours ago, Wacky said:

I don’t know about this. Two guys I know were at the game yesterday too, and they were apparently told that Chris had “spat the dummy” because he wasn’t in the squad yesterday. 

Utter shite.

7 hours ago, Wacky said:

See above.

See when the team lines came out on Saturday, within minutes there was several Pars fans tweeting utter bollocks like "KANE???". Do you guys not read or listen to manager interviews? I think I've read on four separate occasions that Kane and Otoo were on a different programme to everyone else to allow them to manage then properly after recovering from injury and likely both would be ready for the league cup games. Otoo returned on Saturday and Kane didn't, however post match Dave McKay said he'd likely feature on Wednesday.

People are just so desperate for gossip and thing to go wrong. Oh he's not in the squad, must've fell out with the manager then. Give me strength.

35 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

People are just so desperate for gossip and thing to go wrong

It's this in a nutshell.

Looks like a few folk with their noses out of joint since the new owners arrived. Hope I'm wrong.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

It's this in a nutshell.

Looks like a few folk with their noses out of joint since the new owners arrived. Hope I'm wrong.

Probably very true.

however, still a lot this ownership and CEO need to do to convince the wider fanbase.  

13 hours ago, Enigma said:

I did hear a whisper that there’s been a wee fall out with Kane. These things happen at every club.

I heard you wear lassies trousers and flip flops. Any truth in it neebur?