Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yep. Nothing professional about this club anymore. We’re amateur from top to bottom. Changes are required if we want to remain full time, never mind stay in the championship. We’re not going to progress with the current people running the club.

Remember when Meggle said we had to make the club more professional? Here we are, 4 years later, more amateur than ever.

What is their ultimate goal? If it's to turn us in to League 1 jobbers, then they Re doing a great job. 

13 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Can't be long before a move to Kelty for training is announced

Already done that.

It's a rare laugh supporting the Pars nowadays. I feel horrid for the keeper. 

Can this club do anything right? You'd think there would be some form of positivity after the end of last season but Cook and co have given nothing but excuses for their poor performance. Anything can happen in football but honestly I can't remember being more negative going into a season 

15 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

We have taken the baton from Inverness of biggest banter club. 

Absolute farce.

at least it confirms Eric drysdale has a relative working in football or has anyone actually seen David cook and drysdale in the same room🤔 honestly I almost feel sorry for you lot , then I remember and come to my senses , you definitely don’t have your problems to seek 

I could be wrong, but I can’t see us recruiting someone to replace/provide competition for Mehmet. By all accounts, we have this rigid wage structure. But any goalkeeper/agent looking at the club is increasing their asking price. That means we’ll either need to compromise on the wage structure, or take in a kid to be backup. Given what’s happened over the last 5 days, I’m assuming we’ll settle for the latter.

Let’s face the facts, we have a bombscare keeper that is costing us points/games and our defence is looking very frail - the fact we don’t even have defenders good enough for the manager to even try to play a back 4 will have alarm bells ringing for a prospective keeper. We have no other back up and have openly declared how desperate we are to sign a keeper. Any decent keeper we approach has all the bargaining power, not the club.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree that we can't play a back four.

Agreed, I'd argue we can't play a back 5.

We don't have the wing backs, or the wide centre backs required to play the formation and system well. 

31 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Disagree that we can't play a back four.

I'm in two minds. I think Fisher and Breen should be able to, with a bit of pace and height, but they seem to need Benedictus there beside them to guide them through the game. Benedictus in a back four with either of those two could work but I worry about Bene's legs. I can see why McPake prefers a back three but with the full backs as they are and Hamilton and Otoo in the middle it just makes us very defensive but at the same time weirdly not solid at all. 

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Unpopular opinion here perhaps, but I've never rated Breen. League 1 player at best. 

There were certain games in L1 when Breen looked good, physical, a threat in the opposition box and decent pace, I thought he would grow, sad to say I've seen no evidence of that. He was poor when he did get a chance under PG/Yogi, think was few and far between as he was always injured or had covid. He was rarely off the treatment table last season either.

When you see him during the warm up he looks big, commanding almost a leader type but it just doesn't always transpire when the white blows.

Edited by The Toun Clock